- Buckingham Bra Buddy Item Code: MS26642Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Buckingham Bra Buddy takes the effort out of bra dressing completely because it not only holds one end of the bra in place but it also brings the other end of the bra around the body enabling the user to easily couple up the hooks and eyes.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £35.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £39.95Save: £4.00
- Bra Angel Dressing Aid Item Code: MS10017Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bra Angel Dressing Aid has been developed by an occupational therapist, to help promote independence in women that only have the use of one hand, or who struggle with bra straps.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £19.95Save: £7.00
- Shoe Remover Item Code: MS18021Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Shoe Remover is ideal for persons with a limited range of motion or those who have difficulty bending over. Made of sturdy plastic.Express Delivery Available£25.95 with VAT Relief
- Dress Ez Dressing Stick - 24 Inch Item Code: MS11144Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Dress Ez Dressing Stick is a versatile piece of equipment that combines two functions in one dressing aid - a dressing stick and a shoehorn.Express Delivery Available£6.69 with VAT Relief
- Dressing Stick - Small Item Code: MS17972Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The small Dressing Stick is used to help when movement is limited or the use of one arm or hand makes dressing difficult.Express Delivery Available£6.69 with VAT Relief
- Dressing Stick - Large Item Code: MS12089Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dressing StickThe dressing stick is used to help when movement is limited or the use of one arm or hand makes dressing difficult. It helps to pull on clothing such as jackets, shirts, trousers or skirts and is used to pull up zips using the hooked end. This handy little gadget helps improve independence. The ends are finsihed in molded plastic.LargeLength: 650mm (25 1/2")Weight: 100gExpress Delivery Available£7.39 with VAT Relief
- Zipper Aids - Pack of 3 Item Code: MS16564Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Supplied as a pack of three, these Zipper Aids are ideal dressing aids for people with limited dexterity. It simply clips onto an existing zip greatly increasing the area making it easier for sufferers of Arthritis or those with a weak or painful grip.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1.75 with VAT ReliefWas: £2.79Save: £1.04
- Lightweight Wooden Dressing Stick Item Code: MS16557Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Lightweight Wooden Dressing Stick is a useful device for positioning and locating clothing. It is equipped with a small wooden shaft with a large plastic coated "C" hook at one end and a specially shaped push/pull hook at the other.Express Delivery Available£5.95 with VAT Relief
- Leather Tab Zip Pullers - Pack of 5 Item Code: MS12641Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.These Leather Tab Zip Pullers fit most conventional zips and make life a lot easier for those with limited finger dexterity.Express Delivery Available£6.59 with VAT Relief
- Button Hook and Zip Puller Item Code: MS16566Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This small, functional dressing aid assists in button and zip fastening. It incorporates a stainless steel shaped hook at one end and a "C" hook at the other. The Button Hook and Zip Puller is as functional as it is versatile and helps the user carry out simple, everyday tasks.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £3.95Save: £2.00
- Button Hook - Built Up Handle Item Code: MS26603Button Hook With Built-Up Handle Ideal for individuals who have difficulty fastening and unfastening buttons due to limited strength in their hands or only having the use of one hand. Loop is pushed through button hole, hooked over button, then both are easily pulled back through button hole to fasten.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section