Sock & Stocking Aids
- Brevetti Stocking and Sock Aid Item Code: MS10634The Brevetti Stocking and Sock Aid is designed to help put on stockings and socks making it the ideal daily living aid for disabled and elderly users, this also helps to promote independence.Special Price £13.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £18.95Save: £5.00
- Dorking Stocking Aid Item Code: MS12635Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This stocking aid is ideal for those that have difficulty bending and reaching the foot. It consists of a strong, shaped, flexible plastic gutter with long cotton tapes attached to the top.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £3.45 with VAT ReliefWas: £5.95Save: £2.50
- Compression Stocking Aid Item Code: MS16555Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Makes putting on of socks and hose easier, the sock is stretched over the metal frame and the foot placed into the sock using the handles to position correctly.Express Delivery Available£17.59 with VAT Relief
- Sock Aid Slider Item Code: MS31596The Sock Aid Slider is a truly invaluable dressing aid that allows the user to easily put on and take off socks and is ideal for those with limited mobility, recovering from injury as well as pregnant users.Special Price £4.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £9.95Save: £5.00
- Roylan Sock Aid Item Code: MS31176This sock aid is available in many variations to create a customized product to fulfill the user’s needs. This product is available in a traditional size and a wide size. The wide sock aid features a flat design that prevents the sock aid from rolling during sock application. The cord style helps apply shorter socks. The no-slip sock aid features a pad that has the same one-way material as found on a lint brush, so socks won't slip off the sock aid. The pad is glued to the sock aid at the factory, so it won't peel off after repeated use.Special Price £4.50 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.09Save: £9.59
- Blue Badge Navy Shoe Horn Item Code: MS27956This long handled navy shoe horn avoids bending over too much as well as helping guide your feet in. Many people rely on a shoe horn to put on tight fitting shoes. Wrestling your feet into shoes will not only damage the heel but also reduce the lifespan of your shoes. Made from molded plastic, the smooth shoe horn is gentle against the skin. The hook-like handle provides an easy grip and can also be used to help with dressing. Includes a hanging loop for easy storage.Length: 4cmHeight: 52cmWidth: 6cm£5.09 with VAT Relief
- Blue Badge Navy Sock Aid Item Code: MS27955Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Simple and inexpensive, this sock on aid in navy gives assistance in putting on socks or stockings especially if bending or reaching to the foot is difficult.Lightweight design, the flexible plastic core is wide enough to accommodate larger feet without stretching hosiery unnecessarily. A notch either side and the non-slip outside surface, helps to hold hosiery in place while pulling up around the foot and leg. The long handled loops can be held in one hand. Can be wiped clean and full user instructions are included. Not suitable for compression therapy stockings.Length: 21cmHeight: 18cmExpress Delivery Available£8.39 with VAT Relief
- Rigid Sock & Stocking Helper Item Code: MS27370£10.09 with VAT Relief
- Butyrate Stocking Aid Item Code: MS26598Butyrate Stocking AidThis device which helps the user apply socks and stockings. Makes it possible to put on stockings without bending. Curved cut outs on the sides hold the sock while it is being pulled up the leg. Stocking aid holds the sock open and allows the user to easily pull the sock or stocking up with minimal effort.£8.59 with VAT Relief
- Helping Hand - Ezy - Up Item Code: MS25389Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Helping Hand - Ezy - UpPerfect for all socks and low grade TED stockings; the Ezy-Up enables the user to dress with ease.The rigid plastic body keeps the sock open for easy application whilst the super smooth inside makes it comfortable to use whilst reducing friction on the skin.Long tapes minimise the need to bend and chunky foam handles give better hand grip and greater controlExpress Delivery Available£7.69 with VAT Relief
- Sock Assist with Two cord handles Item Code: MS23395Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Unique features make this the most extraordinary sock aid on the market.The easy-to-use Sock-Assist lays flat on the floor, accommodates feet and calves of all sizes, has a nonstick surface and pulls the sock up the calf instead of releasing it at the ankle.Its innovative design allows easy donning of socks or knee-high nylons using one or two hands.Also works with elastic compression knee high socks or stockings.It's the unusual-looking features that make this sock aid so effective:• Two side wings keep the sock on the Sock-Assist until it is released on the calf.• Centre tongue helps ease the sock onto the device.• Flexible polypropylene "gives" to accommodate socks.• Flat bottom surface prevents the Sock-Assist from rolling.• Wide foot bed accommodates average to wide feet.• Contoured side walls help hold the sock on the device.• Rear flares prevent the cord from rubbing against the skin.• Textured surface prevent skin from sticking to the sock aid.• Cord handle can be cut or looped to adjust length.Express Delivery Available£24.09 with VAT Relief
- Terry Cloth Sock Aid Item Code: MS13603Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Terry Cloth Sock Aid has been specially designed to reduce the effort required when putting on socks, making it perfect for those with limited mobility and arthritic hands.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £4.25 with VAT ReliefWas: £8.95Save: £4.70
- Plastic Tights Puller With Tapes Item Code: MS12636Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Plastic Tights Puller With TapesThis simple but effective piece of moulded plastic holds the elasticated wasitband of your tights whilst keeping the toe area open to allow you to put your own tights on.Place the tights onto this aid and then pull the tapes and leave the tights on your legs.To assist in making dressing less of a challenge.Express Delivery Available£4.89 with VAT Relief
- Socky Stocking Aid Item Code: MS11140This Socky Stocking Aid is a dressing aid that is specially designed for those users that have limited movement in the back, hip or knee joints as it reduces the need for bending when putting on socks and stockings.Special Price £12.45 with VAT ReliefWas: £15.39Save: £2.94
- Sock / Stocking Aid Item Code: MS17719The unique shap of the flexible sock Aid keeps socks on the aid until the sock is pulled all the way onto the foot. The pliable trough is easy to bend. The soft plastic aid rolls into the sock & creates an opening for the foot. The loop handle measures 910mm (36") long.Note: Requires the use of two hands.£5.59 with VAT Relief
- Shoe Remover Item Code: MS18021Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Shoe Remover is ideal for persons with a limited range of motion or those who have difficulty bending over. Made of sturdy plastic.Express Delivery Available£25.95 with VAT Relief
- DOUBLE DORKING DONNER Item Code: MS11142Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£37.59 with VAT Relief
- Dorking Stocking Aid - Side Slot Type Item Code: MS17756Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.A simple, inexpensive device to assist with putting on a stocking or sock especially if bending and reaching to the foot is dificult. It consists of a strong, shaped, fexible plastic gutter with long cotton tapes attached to the top. The stocking or sock is fed on to the plastic and held in place with the side notches. The foot is put in the open end of the stocking, which is then pulled over the foot and up the leg using the tapes.Cord length 920mm (36")Gutter length 229mm (9")Weight 55gExpress Delivery Available£4.89 with VAT Relief
- Dorking Tights Aid Item Code: MS19409Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£9.09 with VAT Relief
- Tights Aid Item Code: MS18018£8.19 with VAT Relief
- Moulded Sock Aid Item Code: MS16556£6.09 with VAT Relief
- Luxury Stocking Aid Item Code: MS17734Luxury Stocking AidThis luxury stocking device is particularly usefull for putting on socks or stockings. Strong wire, tong style easy to grip, telescopic handles, and cleverly shaped bendable gutter so socks or stockings can slip over straight on to the foot. This easy and efficient, handy device has a friction aided heel pad.Handle length: 381mm (15")£13.19 with VAT Relief
- Heel Guide and Compression Stocking Aid Item Code: MS10016FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Now the easiest way to put on compression hosiery Unique indented channel on the inside of the centre cone acts as a heel guide and keeps the foot in perfect position while effortlessly pulling on the compression hose. Extra wide cone is ideal for people with edema or larger feet. Sturdy handles, 43cm (17") high, reduce the need for bending or stretching. Foot Hole Width: 11cm Handles also feature 3 grips to accommodate different heights and sizes. Easy to assemble and can be taken apart for travelling.Express Delivery Available£69.79 with VAT Relief
- Jobst Stocking Donner Item Code: MS10636FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Jobst Stocking DonnerDesigned to help individuals with limited strength and mobility pull on vascular stockings. Comfy foam grip handles make it easy to pull and a durable epoxy finish provides a smooth, no-snag surface. Compact in size and lightweight.Dimensions:Measures 34.3cm (13.1/2") high17.8cm (7") wide between handles 11.4cm (4.1/4") wide at foot insertExpress Delivery Available£50.09 with VAT Relief
- Soxon Sock Aid Item Code: MS18893Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Soxon Sock Aid is extremely easy to use and the ideal dressing aid those users that have difficulty when reaching, bending and stretching when getting ready.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £6.75 with VAT ReliefWas: £9.89Save: £3.14
- Helping Hand Foxy Sock Aid Item Code: MS18892Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Helping Hand Sock Aid is a dressing aid that is designed for users that have difficulty when bending and reaching to the foot.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £4.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £6.95Save: £2.00
- Ezy-On Compression Hosiery - Tall Item Code: MS18895Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ezy-On - Compression HosieryThe Compression Frame enables independent dressing without bending at the hip. Its sturdy frame holds hosiery wide open for easy application and it is suitable for both above and below knee compression hosiery. It can be used from a standing, sitting or lying position. One size fits all, full instructions are included. Colour may vary Foot Hole Width: 11cmHow To Use: Place the frame on a firm surface and load hosiery on.The hosiery garment should be placed inside the frame and stretched outwards over the top of the rim. Continue sliding the hosiery over the frame until the heel is at the very top of the frame. There should be just enough room to slide your toes in. Place the esy-on frame upright on the floor, using one foot on the base to steady the frame. Slide toes into top of opening. then gentley push forward until the hosiery is as far up the leg as needed. The hosiery will automatically fit on the foot.Express Delivery Available£22.89 with VAT Relief
- Ezy-On Compression Hosiery - Short Item Code: MS18894Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ezy-On - Compression HosieryThe Compression Frame enables independent dressing without bending at the hip. Its sturdy frame holds hosiery wide open for easy application and it is suitable for both above and below knee compression hosiery. It can be used from a standing, sitting or lying position. One size fits all, full instructions are included. Colour may vary How To Use: Place the frame on a firm surface and load hosiery on.The hosiery garment should be placed inside the frame and stretched outwards over the top of the rim. Continue sliding the hosiery over the frame until the heel is at the very top of the frame. There should be just enough room to slide your toes in. Place the esy-on frame upright on the floor, using one foot on the base to steady the frame. Slide toes into top of opening. then gentley push forward until the hosiery is as far up the leg as needed. The hosiery will automatically fit on the foot Specifications Front Width: 5" (13cm) Back Width: 7" (18cm) Height: 9" (23cm)Express Delivery Available£10.59 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section