Food Preparation Boards
- Economy Bread Board Item Code: MS10676Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The plastic Bread Board is a highly cost effective kitchen aid that is ideal for users with weak or painful grip or arthritis sufferers.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £4.75 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.69Save: £1.94
- Bread Board with Spikes Item Code: MS23894Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bread Board with Spikes is the ideal kitchen aid for those with weak or painful grip or arthritis sufferers.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £8.59Save: £2.64
- Kitchen Workstation Item Code: MS22548FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Offering real value for money, the Kitchen Workstation is a truly multifunctional kitchen aid that not only simplifies but reduces the risk of a wide range of kitchen tasks and is ideal for use by the elderly, the disabled or those with arthritis or similar conditions.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £34.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £44.89Save: £9.94
- Combination Chopping Board Item Code: MS10681FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Combination Chopping Board is ideal for elderly and disabled users as well as those who suffer from a weak or restricted grip. This highly versatile Combination Chopping Board is fitted with a high-quality chef's knife and its large base measures 400mm x 300mm (16" x 12") in size.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £54.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £72.99Save: £18.04
- CHOPPING BOARD Item Code: MS10677FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £45.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £56.19Save: £10.24
- BREAD BOARD Item Code: MS10675
- Bread Spreading Board Item Code: MS12786Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bread Spreading BoardThis hygenic, white plastic, bread-spreading board holds your bread in place for applying a variety of spreads. It has six non-slip rubber feet on the underside to retain the spreader in place without arking the table or worktop.This cleverly designed spreading board enables you to apply the spread using one hand.Express Delivery Available
- Homecraft Kitchen Workstation Item Code: MS10678FREE ShippingThe Homecraft Kitchen Workstation is a highly versatile, multi-functional food preparation aid that has been designed to help users with many day-to-day kitchen tasks.Special Price £49.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £69.39Save: £19.44
- Food Preperation Board Item Code: MS25892FREE ShippingFood Preperation BoardManufactured from sustainable rubber wood and mounted on non-slip feet, it comes with a lid with four clever spikes on the reverse to keep fruit, vegetables, bread or meat in place whilst peeling, cutting or chopping them.The chopping board has an ingenious cavity in which three additional items are stored: one fine and coarse grater, one slicer/peeler and one collection bowl, all made from high grade stainless steel and all designed to fit indentations in the board in order to allow one-handed use.The dimensions of the chipping board are 44cm x 30cm x 5.5cm (including feet) and it weighs a mere 2.8kgs.Special Price £89.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £122.29Save: £32.34
- Waterproof Cutting Board Item Code: PD125-11FREE ShippingWaterproof Cutting Board Aluminium food spikes hold food for safe cutting.Cut and prepare food on the polyethylene waterproof cutting board. Aluminium food spikes hold food while cutting. Durable board has rounded edges and is easy to clean. Four rubber suction feet anchor the board securely to the surface. Two polyethylene food guards prevent food from sliding off the board. The small board measures 190mm (7½ ") squareThe large board measures 280mm (11") squareWeighs 1¼ lbs. (.57kg)Dishwasher safeAs low as
- Swedish Cutting Board Item Code: MS11775FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Swedish Cutting Board is an exceptionally versatile, multi functional kitchen aid that is ideal for the elderly or disabled users.Express Delivery Available£48.89 with VAT Relief
- Swedish Fix It Food Preparation Board Item Code: MS10679FREE ShippingThis durable cutting board is ideal for those who have difficulty in gripping, or only have the use of one hand. The clamp can fix items such as tins or bowls, and the stainless steel spikes keep vegetables still when peeling or cutting. It has four non-slip rubber feet to prevent the board from moving. Suction pads are also provided for use on wet surfaces.Size 315 x 295mm (12.2/5 x 11.3/5")Weight 1.66kg.£74.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section