Bottle, Can and Jar Openers
- Jar and Bottle Grip Opener Item Code: MS29789Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ideal for users with a weakened grip, the Jar and Bottle Grip Opener is an invaluable aid for opening stubborn jars, bottle or pots.Express Delivery Available£1.75 with VAT Relief
- Non-Slip Jar & Bottle Opener Item Code: MS29065Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£3.45 with VAT Relief
- Standard Multi Opener Item Code: MS29066Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Carefully designed for individuals with limited hand strength, this superb Standard Multi Opener is lightweight and extremely straightforward to use.Express Delivery Available£3.25 with VAT Relief
- Multi Use Tin Opener Item Code: MS27380Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This useful Kitchen Aid enables the user to easily open cans or tins with a ring pull, pressure sealed bottle caps, open tins, lift tin lids and open stubborn jar lids. The green turning handle is ideal for users who struggle to operate standard tin openers as it has an easy to grip knob. The Opener is ideally suited for users with limited dexterity, it is also a great kitchen tool for general use to prevent broken fingernails. Not suitable for the dishwasher.Product Dimensions: 60 x 60 x 205mm
- Ring Pull Can Opener Item Code: MS14150Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Suitable for people with poor hand and finger strength or sufferers of Arthritis, this Ring Pull Can Opener makes light work opening tins and cans.
- Dycem™ Jar Opener Item Code: MS11192Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Can Pop Item Code: MS10183Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Can PopMost of us have difficulties when trying to open a beverage can. If one manages to get the finger under the ring at all, the result is often a broken nail. With the patented can pop you can easily open your can. The opener is simply placed under the ring of the can, and with a gentle lift the can is opened. The Can Pop is designed so that the opener fits around the ring, avoiding the opener slipping to the side when fitted. The handle its self works according to the principle of the lever and therefore opens cans easily. The Can Pop is made of high density ABS plastic in an elegant design. The Can Pop has no removable parts and is extremely durable. Dishwasher Proof.
- Spill-Not Jar Holder Item Code: MS11774Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Turn Key Item Code: MS10179Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Turn KeyScrew cap cartons can be difficult to open especially for children or elderly people who often lack the strength in their fingers.The Turn Key Screw cap opener solves the problem.Besides opening the carton's screw cap, Turn Key has an extra function.The small plastic lid underneath the screw cap that has to be removed by pulling a ring is easily removed using the small hook on the side of the opener.Colour May Vary
- UNDO-IT JAR AND BOTTLE OPENER Item Code: MS10661Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Multi Grip Bottle Opener Item Code: MS10173Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Multi Grip Bottle opener is an invaluable tool for anyone with weak fingers or those with limited dexterity.
- Jar and Bottle Opener Item Code: MS16503Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This versatile Jar and Bottle Opener is suitable for use on the majority of bottles and jars and has been specially designed for those with a weak grip.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.90Save: £2.45
- Jar Pop Key Item Code: MS10176Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Patented and design awarded jar opener that fits all traditional preserving jars. The Jar Pop Key is placed against the lid of the jar, and with a slight lift, the vacuum is released, and the lid can now be easily unscrewed. The Jar Pop Key is made out of high density ABS plastic in an elegant design. Jar Pop Key has no sharp edges or points, no removable parts, and is extremely durable. Dishwasher proof.
- Canpull™ Tin Opener Item Code: MS10658Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Canpull is a durable device especially designed for opening ring pull cans. Extremely easy to use, just hook the end under the ring, fold forwards and then roll back. Suitable for users either with arthritis or with a weak grip. Stores easily on a hook or in the cutlery drawer. Also features a sodasnap, which has been designed specifically for opening the ring pulls on cans of drink.
- Universal Jar and Bottle Opener Item Code: MS19326This is a simple solution to opening jars and bottle that is extremely compact in size to ensure it can be easily stored in a kitchen drawer when not in use.Special Price £1.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £4.16Save: £2.21
- OXO Good Grips - Magnetic Can Opener With Lid Catch Item Code: MS10162OXO Good Grips - Magnetic Can Opener With Lid Catch Open canned goods with less mess and less fuss with the OXO Good Grips Locking Can Opener with Lid Catch. The Opener features a sharp stainless steel cutting wheel that slices easily through cans and a magnet that lifts lids off for hands-free disposal, also ensuring that cut lids don’t fall into cans.. A window in the Opener top allows you to quickly align the Opener to the lip of the can and lets you see slicing progress so you know when it’s come full circle. The soft, comfortable, non-slip handles feature a locking mechanism to keep them closed while Opener is in use and a simple push of a button releases the lock when finished. The turning knob rotates smoothly and its oversized, contoured shape makes it comfortable to use. Features and Benefits View hole easily aligns Opener with can Magnetic arm locks on to lid for no-touch removal Sharp, hardened stainless steel cutting wheel turns smoothly and stays sharp Over-sized knob is comfortable and easy to turn Handles lock shut and release with the press of a button Soft, non-slip grips Hand wash only Specifications Dimensions: 4.5cm x 10.5cm x 17.7cm Weight: 185g
- Active Living Bottle Opener With Magnifier Item Code: MS29846Ideal for people with a weak grip or who suffer from stiff joints. The bottle opener can be used for medicines, vitamins or any other bottle with a screw type lid. With a magnifier to assist in reading the details of the bottle contents. 4x magnification scale. The opener can grip lids up to 60mm in diameter.£2.79 with VAT Relief
- Spill Not Item Code: MS13971£15.49 with VAT Relief
- 6-in-1 Multi Purpose Opener Item Code: MS289426-in-1 Multi OpenerThis Multi Opener has a durable and comfortable grip and opens six different types of seals and lids with ease.The unique tool removes hard-to-grasp safety seals, opens metal bottle caps, can ring pulls, and stubborn jar lids or bottle tops.The unique enclosed blade feature cleanly slices open tightly sealed bags.Weight 99g.
- Bottle Opener With Magnifier Item Code: MS28265£3.58 with VAT Relief
- Cap Gripper Item Code: MS10178
- Ez Squeeze™ One-Handed Tin Opener Item Code: MS10663
- Chunky Can Opener Item Code: MS25312
- 4-in-1 Multi Opener Item Code: MS249134-in-1 Multi OpenerFeatures The Multi Opener is the perfect tool for opening bottle tops, jars, drinks cans, ring pulls and screw tops.The soft ring grips most screw tops securely allowing user to lever the cap loose, while breaking the seal at the same time.The hook end slides under the ring pull to easily lift open whilst the claw opener releases jar lids with ease.The Multi Opener can also be used as a regular bottle opener.Specifications:Size: 13.5cmWeight: 44gColour: Blue / White
- Culinare Magican Item Code: MS23893
It's magic! The world's best selling can opener features a patented cutting system that cuts smoothly on all types of can, ejecting the lid at the touch of a button.
Its soft touch finish is comfortable and easy to use too!
- OXO Good Grips - Jar Opener Item Code: MS10099
Good Grips Jar Opener
Open any size jar effortlessly with the OXO GOOD GRIPS Jar Opener. Simply hold the Jar Opener by the handle, wedge onto the jar lid, and twist to open. The sharp stainless steel teeth on our Jar Opener grip the lid firmly, as the soft, non-slip handle cushions your hand and absorbs pressure
- MIGHTY LEVER JAR AND BOTTLE OPENER Item Code: MS11155
- BOTTLE OPENER AND KNOB TURNER Item Code: MS10653£9.19 with VAT Relief
- Belliclamp Jar And Bottle Holder Item Code: MS10662Belliclamp Jar And Bottle HolderThis device hooks over the edge of a worktop and the jar or bottle is then placed in the V. The object is clamped by the ram, which can be pushed with the stomach or hip, leaving hands free to twist the top. The device is made of moulded plastic with non-slip feet and rubber lining. Can be used with most jar or bottle openers. Suitable for items up to 120mm (43/4") diameter.£17.29 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section