- Economy Bath Seat Item Code: MS19702Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Economy Bath Seat is available in four different sizes with this one being the smallest version measuring 150mm (6") high.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £15.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £16.89Save: £0.94
- Savanah Slatted Bath Seat - 6 Inch Item Code: MS10043Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ideal for people with restricted mobility, this Savanah Slatted Bath Seat provides the user with a strong, comfortable, quick draining seat that assists with bathing.Express Delivery Available£21.95 with VAT Relief
- Medeci Ultra Bath Seat - 12" Item Code: MS29476Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the large version of the Medeci Ultra Bath Seat that is a tremendously useful bathroom aid that allows the user to wash with confidence.Express Delivery Available£19.95 with VAT Relief
- Economy Bath Seat - 10 Inch Item Code: MS19704Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bath Seats are specially designed to aid those users that have difficulty when sitting in a bath, they make it much easier to get into and out of the bath therefore making bathing a more enjoyable and comfortable experience.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £16.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £18.89Save: £1.94
- Savanah Moulded Bath Seat - Low Item Code: MS14800Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This low version of the Savanah Moulded Bath Seat is a strong moulded plastic bath seat that aids the user when bathing providing reassuring confidence and independence.Express Delivery Available£32.95 with VAT Relief
- Surefoot Bath Seat - 12 Inch Item Code: MS25064Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Helping the user to wash easier, the Surefoot Bath Seat secures to the bottom of a bath with the unique Surefoot mechanism for total stability and safety.Express Delivery Available£24.95 with VAT Relief
- Derby Bath Seat - 20cm Item Code: MS11768Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Derby Bath Seat measures 200mm (8 Inches) in height and is a highly durable and exceptionally strong bath seat.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £30.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £45.29Save: £14.34
- Derby Bath Seat - 15cm Item Code: MS11811Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the smaller Derby Bath Seat in a range of two available sizes, measuring 150mm (6") in height and is a highly durable and exceptionally strong bath seat.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £32.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £41.89Save: £8.94
- Lightweight Suspended Bath Seat Item Code: MS14797The Suspended Bath Seat is a sturdy but affordable seat that rests low in the bath to provide the user with extra stability and security.Special Price £24.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £29.95Save: £5.00
- Savanah Slatted Bath Seat - 8 Inch Item Code: MS12311This 8 inch Savanah Slatted Bath Seat is ideal for people with restricted mobility and provides the user with a strong, comfortable, quick draining seat that assists with bathing.£22.95 with VAT Relief
- Savanah Slatted Bath Seat - 12 Inch Item Code: MS12312The tallest in the range, this 12 inch Savanah Slatted Bath Seat provides the user with a strong, comfortable, quick draining seat that assists with bathing and is ideal for people with limited mobility.£23.95 with VAT Relief
- Economy Bath Seat - 12 Inch Item Code: MS19705This Economy Bath Seat measures 300mm (12") in height and is perfect for people who struggle to sit in the base of the bath, it makes it much easier to get in and out and makes bathing more comfortable.Special Price £17.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £20.69Save: £2.74
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section