- Panda Transfer Board 30" Item Code: MS27934This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 76cm (30")Width 21m (8.25")£24.19 with VAT Relief
- Panda Transfer Board 24" Item Code: MS27933This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 61cm (24")Width 21m (8.25")£21.79 with VAT Relief
- Plastic Transfer Bench Item Code: MS15528FREE ShippingPlastic Transfer Bench 3 Position Back depth is adjustable from 47cm - 50cm (18½” - 19½”) in ½” incrementsDurable blow-moulded plastic bench and backrestHeight adjusts in ½” increments with unique “Dual Column” extension legsAll transfer benches are reversible to accommodate any bathroomExtra large, locking suction cups provide added safetySeat Height: 17.5 - 21.5" (44.5 - 55cm)Max User Weight: 21 Stone£85.39 with VAT Relief
- Standard Bath Transfer Bench Item Code: MS26243FREE ShippingThe Bath Transfer Bench provides a safe and convenient means of entry for individuals who need to be seated whilst showering. Features a easy to use, exact level system to provide stability and comfort. Other features include a supportive back, large easy to grip handle and built in storage for hand held shower and a soap dish. Converts easily for a left or right hand bath. Ideal where a bath or shower board cannot be fitted due to the shape of the bath.SpecificationsWidth: 890mm (35")Depth: 500mm (20")Seat Height: 470-600mm (18½-23½")Product weight: 7kg (15.4lb)User Weight Limit: 134kg (21st)Weight: 7kg (15.4lb)£193.29 with VAT Relief
- Panda Transfer Board Curved Item Code: MS27935FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 66cm (26")Width 35m (13.75")Express Delivery Available
- Comfy Transfer Bath Bench Item Code: MS12024FREE ShippingComfy Transfer Bath BenchAn extra wide bath seat that sits with two legs inside the bath and two legs outside. The user sits securely on the seat and has plenty of room to manoeuvre during a side transfer. The heavily padded seat is divided into two sections to allow for water drainage. The padded backrest provides comfort and support, while the handle can be used to assist with side transfer. Made from aluminium, the frame is strong but lightweight. May be assembled for use on either side of the bath. The legs are finished with ferrules, with the larger ones placed in the bath.External seat height adjustable from 559 to 660mm (22 to 26") Seat size 700 x 406mm (27.1/2 x 16")Weight 5.8kgMax Weight: 120Kgs or 18.75StImportant: The maxium bath side clearance is 54cm£175.39 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section