- Wobble Board - Wooden - 40cm Item Code: MS23242FREE ShippingThere are various types of Wobble Boards - and they are available in different sizes with different levels of difficulties.Size: 40cmMax user weight limit 25stThe wobble board will retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury, preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to sport.Failure to retrain balance after ankle sprains can lead to chronic weakness and recurrent sprains.
- Wobble Board - Wooden - 50cm Item Code: MS23243FREE ShippingThere are various types of Wobble Boards - and they are available in different sizes with different levels of difficulties.Size: 50cmMax user weight limit: 25stThe wobble board will retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury, preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to sport.Failure to retrain balance after ankle sprains can lead to chronic weakness and recurrent sprains.
- Wobble Board - Cork - 50cm Item Code: MS23244FREE ShippingThis Balance Board has a 16 degree tilt and is recommended for intermediate to advanced user.Ideal for advanced rehabilitation and sports people and is built to last. Ideally suited for physio departments, sports/rehabilitation centres and home use.This top quality 50cm Balance Board with an easily cleanable PVC surface would be excellent in any physiotherapy department or anyone who requires regular use of the balance board.
- Balance Bubble Item Code: MS17979Balance BubbleVinyl cushion improves posture, stability and balance in older adults, rehabilitation of lower extremities and for athletic training. Surface is smooth on one side, while the other side has rounded points for tactile stimulation. The Balance Bubble can be used to improve sensorimotor skills, core strength and stability, ankle flexibility and range of motion. Provides balance and proprioception training. Balance Bubble measures:In diameter 14" (36cm)Supports up to 1000 lbs. (454kg)Latex freeColours may vary
- Disc O Sit Air Cushion Item Code: MS10761Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section