- Leg Elevator Item Code: MS10327FREE ShippingSpecial Price £57.86 with VAT ReliefWas: £62.89Save: £5.03Hurry!
Offer ends 28-09-2020
- Repose Foot Protectors (Pair) - Standard & Pump Item Code: MS24357FREE ShippingRepose Foot Protectors (Pair) - Standard & PumpReduces heel pressure and increases comfort in bed or using a recliner chair / foot rest. Reduces risk of pressure damage to heels. Designed for use in bed or with the feet elevated. Heels are supported above a void resulting in no pressure on the heel. Vapour permeable transparent material makes it easy to monitor skin condition and the Malleoli are protected by air-filled compartments. Supplied within the Repose pump which automatically inflates the correct pressure. Can be used with any other support system, whether dynamic or static. Sold in pairs. Not suitable for use with feet/heels resting on the floor or when walking. Suitable for users with low risk of pressure ulcers.Dimensions:Length: 380mm Width: 200mm (15 x 8")Max user weight limit: 139kg (22st)Special Price £133.47 with VAT ReliefWas: £140.49Save: £7.02Hurry!
Offer ends 28-09-2020
- Hand Compression Arthritis Glove - Large Item Code: MS29750Hand Compression Arthritis GlovesKeep active and get a grip on arthritis with a pair of Active Compression Gloves.The stippled rubber textured palms help you grasp, twist and undo items with ease, while the open fingertips won't impair touch sensitivity.Woven from an ultra-comfy cotton/spandex blend, they provide firm compression while keeping your hands warm.This helps relieve discomfort from stiff and aching joints, stimulates circulation and increases dexterity.What's more, thanks to the breathable fibre, you can wear them all day without sweating or overheating.Please measure width of palmLarge 31.1/2 (4")Special PriceWas: £12.19Save: £1.22Hurry!
Offer ends 28-09-2020Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section