- TUMBLE FORMS 2™ SOFT-TOP ROCKER BALANCE Item Code: MS10439FREE Shipping
- Brite Box Sunlight Simulator 410D-LUX Item Code: MS10755FREE ShippingChanges in the amount and quality of light during winter months can have a profound effect on a person's physical and emotional well being. Insufficient exposure to light can lead to a wide range of conditions. The clinically recognised condition known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (or the Winter Blues) is one of the best known.Typical symptoms of this condition includeDepressionLethargyAnxietySleeplessnessSocial problemsResearch has shown that between 5 and 10% of the world's population can suffer with severe SAD symptoms and up to 25% suffer with milder symptoms.Light affects the human body in a number of ways includingDetermining the sleeping/waking cycleAffecting levels of melatonin, adrenaline, seratonin and dopamine (which have influence on systems such as moods, emotions, eating and sleeping).Affecting the thyroid gland which in turn affects the metabolismLight treatment has been consistently proven to have a positive effect in aiding the treatment of these conditions.It can also be used to treat other conditions includingClassical depressionPre-menstrual syndromeJet lagThe Brite Box delivers the necessary intensity and quality of light that is crucial for the optimum performance of many of the body's functions. It can also have a significantly positive effect and impact on a person's emotional well being. It is portable, compact and lightweight. It has a lap top style, opening up into two screens, giving greater light output area and control over light direction.It has a durable ABS casing and is easy to carry, transport and store. It is ideal for use in the home or office. The exceptional light quality (6000K) is comfortable on the eye and a built in 30 minute timer prevents any possibility of over exposure.The timer automatically cuts out after 30 minutes. The Brite Box is mains operated. It measures 510 x 300 x 125mm when closed and 510 x 530 x 62mm when open. It weighs only 5kg.The Brite Box meets British and European Safety Standards BS EN 60598-2-4:1998, BS EN 60598-1:2000 and is certified 93/42/EEC Annex V for medical devices. It has no UV emission and is flicker free with electronically controlled lights.
- SOFF-RING™ TOSS GAME Item Code: MS11103
- TUMBLE FORMS 2™ DELUXE TURTLE™ THERAPY SYSTEM Item Code: MS10440FREE ShippingIdeal for any clinical program, the Deluxe Turtle is a complete therapy system designed for vestibular stimulation and sensory integration therapy.System Includes-Rocking Turtle Dome -Padded Scooter-T-Stool Attachment-Net Swing with Rope and Ascender-Therapy Record Booklet-Complete Turtle Methods Manual
- BALANCING SEESAW Item Code: MS11093FREE Shipping
- PEABODY MOTOR DEVELOPMENT CHART Item Code: MS11075FREE ShippingProvides the examiner with a convenient reference for the motor skills measured by the PDMS-2 and the ages at which 50% of the normative sample performed the skill. Each of the subtests is represented, along with numerous illustrations of children demonstrating the behaviours described in the text.Measures 96.5 x 66cm. Latex free.
- TACTILE DISCS Item Code: MS11055FREE ShippingThese tactile discs are designed to challenge a child's sense of touch and recognition. Each set of ten discs contains five small and five large, different structured discs, which are colourco-ordinated and are made from soft rubber. The discs offer numerous playing possibilities ranging from fundamental sensing of structures to blindfold games based on memory and recognition.Small Discs: 110mm diameter Large Discs: 210mm diameter
- Footswitch Item Code: MS27902Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle - Coral Reef Item Code: MS24157Coral ReefWhether you're having a quiet afternoon at home or a busy weekend with the grandchildren, jigsaw puzzles are always a favourite with young and old alike. Choose from 5 beautiful designs featuring Buckingham Palace, Cotswolds, Grand Canal, Sorrento Coastline or Coral Reef each with 1000 pieces, for an enjoyable and challenging activity for users from age 12 and over. Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to improve dexterity and hand-eye coordination, as well as being a good brain exercise, which is recommended by medical professionals to keep ourselves alert and mentally fit as we age.1000 piece puzzle is ideal for ages 12 to 112!Available in several beautiful designsRecommended for improved mental fitness and dexterityMakes a great gift for friends and family of all agesSpecificationsMaterial: Coated PaperboardOuter box (H x W x D mm): 520 x 480 x 590Packing: Retail boxProduct Dimensions (mm): 750 x 500 (Finished)Retail box dimensions (H x W x D mm): 50 x 280 x 200
- TUMBLE FORMS 2™ VESTIBULATOR III Item Code: MS11053FREE ShippingThe Vestibulator III is ideal for all types of Vestibulation Therapy without the concerns of a ceiling-mount suspension system.It combines a compact indoor freestanding frame utilising aU-shaped weighted base for security and stability in all directions. Compatible with all Tumble Forms 2 Vestibulator swing accessories, it accommodates a wide range of therapy modules for vestibular, neurodevelopmental and sensory integration therapy.The system assembles in minutes and includes:-Frame-2 x 271/2kg (60lb) round bar weights-Height adjusters -762mm (30") therapy rope base-2 x oval karabiners-76mm (3") thick floor mat-Frame paddingRequirements-1905 x 1,816mm (75 x 711/2") floor space and2,337mm (92") of height-Works within a 2,348mm (8ft) ceiling space -An additional 457mm (18") of space needs to be allowed to accommodate the rear extension of the base
- Nesting Stools Item Code: MS11091FREE ShippingNesting StoolsThese sets of wooden stools are ideal for body mechanics and posture training when standing, to use at a desk or during seated mat activities. Non-slip rubber surfaces prevent slipping and can be wiped clean. Nest for storage. Set of four includes these sizes: Height Width Depth20 x 50 x 45cm15 x 45 x 40cm10 x 40 x 35cm5 x 35 x 30cm
- Lacing Blocks Item Code: MS11079FREE ShippingEffective assessment tool for lacing and threading.Inter-changeable lacing blocks allow several different lacing activities. Laces vary in thickness to correspond with hole sizes. Storage area under base accommodates all materials.Set includes seven lacing blocks, ten laces and two different sized double dowel rod laces.Dimensions: 356 x 165 x 216mm (14 x 61/2 x 81/2").
- EARLY SPEECH AND LANGUAGE SKILLS Item Code: MS11097FREE ShippingContains a wealth of games and activities for developing language with young children. The games follow a multi-sensory approach working on speech and language difficulties without having to concentrate directly on speaking. Includes sense of touch games, games for developing hand/eye co-ordination and fine motor skills, promoting oral motor skills and working on individual problematic speech sounds.
- 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle - Grand Canal Item Code: MS24156Grand CanalWhether you're having a quiet afternoon at home or a busy weekend with the grandchildren, jigsaw puzzles are always a favourite with young and old alike. Choose from 5 beautiful designs featuring Buckingham Palace, Cotswolds, Grand Canal, Sorrento Coastline or Coral Reef each with 1000 pieces, for an enjoyable and challenging activity for users from age 12 and over. Jigsaw puzzles are a great way to improve dexterity and hand-eye coordination, as well as being a good brain exercise, which is recommended by medical professionals to keep ourselves alert and mentally fit as we age.1000 piece puzzle is ideal for ages 12 to 112!Available in several beautiful designsRecommended for improved mental fitness and dexterityMakes a great gift for friends and family of all agesSpecificationsMaterial: Coated PaperboardOuter box (H x W x D mm): 520 x 480 x 590Packing: Retail boxProduct Dimensions (mm): 750 x 500 (Finished)Retail box dimensions (H x W x D mm): 50 x 280 x 200
- SOFT FRAME BUBBLE MIRROR Item Code: MS11060FREE ShippingProvides visual perceptual experiences, reflective learning, and aids sensory-motor integration. 230mm diameter bubbles provide multi-duplication of images that change in shape and size. The 860mm (34") square vinyl foam and acrylic mirror can sit on a table-top or mount on a wall. Mounting hardware not included. Shatterproof.
- SENSORY MOTOR ACTIVITIES FOR EARLY DEVELOPMENT Item Code: MS11094FREE Shipping£50.79 with VAT Relief
- SWITCH LATCH AND TIMERS Item Code: MS11063FREE ShippingSLATs offer three ways for a child or adult to operate a battery-powered device in a rehabilitation or home setting when used with a switch and battery adaptor. Requires 9V battery (not included). Allows battery-powered devices to operate for either 1-60 seconds or 1-60 minutes with a single switch activation for timing activities. The Latch mode allows devices to be turned ?on? with one switch activation and ?off? with a second.Using SLATS can help improve client's visual attention,head control, cognitive ability, play skills and active participation.
- Jebsen-Taylor Hand Function Test - 10 Wooden Checkers Item Code: MS21184Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Early Sensory Skills Item Code: MS11096FREE Shipping£56.49 with VAT Relief
- COGNITOYS SET Item Code: MS10453FREE ShippingHelps cognitively and physically challenged children and adults improve reach, range of motion, midline crossing, co-ordination and upper extremity strength and endurance through graded, repetitive exercise. 16 brightly coloured wooden shapes and detachable wooden dowels in four heights up to 851mm (331/2") on base can be used for a variety of exercises and to promote colour and shape recognition. Exercises can be performed standing, sitting or from a wheelchair. Sturdy, wooden base measures 305 x 889 x 19mm (12 x 35 x 3/4").
- BALANCING CIRCLE Item Code: MS11092FREE ShippingThe Balancing Circle is ideal for gross motor and balancing activities. It features wooden balls which travel around a track on top of the 406mm (16") diameter disc. The Balancing Circle promotes range of motion and dynamic proprioceptivedevelopment. Also, it provides visual cues for foot placement. Made of hardwood with a non-slip surface.
- LifeLight SAD Therapy Light Item Code: MS29029FREE ShippingLifeLight is a portable SAD Therapy Light that tackles the condition in a simple to use, hassle free way that will not intrude on your everyday life. It’s a small light box that can be set up around the house or at work and will allow you to absorb the benefits without having to set aside time in your schedule to physically just sit directly in front of it. The LifeLight is designed to supplement your daily intake of light in order to achieve the recommended daily dose of 2,500 to 10,000 lux. It employs an LED panel for illumination, which benefits from extended life and reduced power consumption. The LifeLights powerful LED panel emits 10,000 lux (as recommended by SAD.org.uk). Its modern shaping and simple design takes inspiration from the sun. With Industry leading 10 stage dimming and a 4 stage timer, all controlled from three simple buttons, the LifeLight sets itself apart from other SAD Therapy Lamps.
- ENFRENS LTK 2000 Therapy Station Item Code: MS23897FREE ShippingThe worlds only advanced Multi 4 in 1 Relaxation Therapy Unit. Combines Sound Therapy, Light Therapy, Aromatherapy and Ionisation all in one!Programmable Sound Therapy24 sounds including binaural rhythms, white noise and nature sounds especially designed to enhance concentration, help meditation, reduce stress, improve sleep and relieve depression. Even helps to calm and soothe your unsettled baby!Light TherapyEmits Therapeutic 470nm Blue Light at 5000 LUX. The best light for treating moodiness, irritability, dejection, despondency and Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD.AromatherapyIncorporates a neat integral little Aromatherapy Diffuser.Therapeutic IoniserBuilt in Ion Generator delivers Happy Negative Ions at the rate of over 1000000 ions per cubic centimetre per second!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section