Relaxa Belt Bath Lift
We are committed to getting you products at the cheapest price.
If you see it cheaper we will do our best to match the price if you contact us on 0800 567 7222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Price Match Promise
Offer ends 15-03-2021
The bathlift is a motorised device designed for the use of the elderly and for those who find that getting into and out of the bath has become increasingly difficult. With its use, access becomes safe and easy. Stainless steel is used to fabricate the interior of the cabinet to provide inproved corrosion resistance.
- Thermometer - The unit has a thermometer to test the temperature of the water.
- Power - Two 12 volt rechargeabe lead acid batteries provide a 24 volt DC supply to the motor. Indicator lights in green and red shows the battery is in operation and the battery condition.
- Battery Charger - A managed 24 volt 300MA charger is provided.
- Maximum load - 127 kgm (20 stone)
- Controls - "UP" and "DOWN" buttons are located on the front of the bathlift. A sealed hand control with "UP" and "DOWN" buttons is also provided.
- Belt Reversal - The Relaxa is designed with an anti-belt reversal mechanism.
- Handle - An intergral handle is provided but this can be removed or re-sited as required.
- Belt - Re-inforced Polypropylene
- Dimensions - The unit is slim and fits neatly at the side of the bath. The length is 55.5cm, the height is 32.5cm and the depth is 11.8cm
- Weight - The unit itself weighs 11kgms. The box when packed to include other items weighs 15.9kgms
- Manufactured - The complete unit is manufactured in the United Kingdom.
New 2015 model also has these feature!
- The screen on the bath lift is brighter and is easier to read.
- The grey rubber buttons have been replaced by easy to press switches situated under the label.
- When the buttons are pressed arrows will appear on the screen to show the user which direction the belt is moving. The bather does not have to think which button they are pressing – they can see it.
- When the bather stops pressing the button the temperature will appear for about 20 seconds.
- The temperature probe is now permanently fixed to the unit.
- When the battery is low the red indicator light on the right hand side of the display together with an audible warning (2 beeps) will remind the bather the battery needs charging. This is an early warning and the bath lift will still operate normally. There will also be a display showing a battery with an exclamation mark.
- If this warning is ignored and the bath lift continues to be used, the red indicator warning will appear and a continuous audible alarm will sound. This time the display will show a battery with a cross and the bathlift will not operate in the down position. However, it will have sufficient energy to lift the bather out of the bath.
- The voltage of the battery can also be checked by pressing both buttons on either the bath lift or the remote control together. The voltage will appear on the screen.
- The belt sleeve will now be included as standard in the box with the Relaxa.
Fitting Note: This bathlift Will need fitting by a competent person or preferable a professional tradesman. We can fit this for customers within a 30 mile radius of Garstang (PR3 1GD). There will be a charge for this service. Please call us if you would like further information. The Relaxa Belt Bath Lift can also only be fitted to a solid wall and cannot be fitted to a stud wall.
FREE Delivery (3-10 Working Days) - Order over £40 ex VAT to qualify
Economy Delivery (3-10 Working Days) is £2.95 on orders under £10 & £3.95 on order between £10.01 & £39.99 ex VAT.
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) is £4.95
Express Delivery (1-2 Working Days) is £8.95
Engineer Delivery Please note when choosing this service you must allow around 7-14 working days for delivery. For more information click here
We endeavour to dispatch all orders received Mon - Fri by 2:30pm the same day.
Note: The charges above cover standard UK addresses, highlands & islands maybe more.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section