Dyna - Tek Gel Wheelchair Cushion - (18 x 18 x 3")
The Dyna - Tek Gel Cushion has been designed using the latest polyurethane gel. By incorporating the most advanced raw materials during the manufacturing process, enhanced postural management and greater pressure re-distribution is achieved. The cooling gel surface assists any modern pressure ulcer management process by providing a minor reduction of the skin surface temperature. This product is specifically made for users considered to be at “High / Very High Risk” of pressure ulcer development. Equally at home in a ward, homecare or wheelchair environment, Dyna-Tek Gel gives advanced comfort and greater care to the user.
- Risk Category: High / Very High Risk
- Weight Limit: 25 Stone - 159 kg
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 46 cm x 7.5 cm (18” x 18” x 3”)
- Foam Density: Blue Foam 34 kg/m3 - Nominal Hardness 100 Newtons
- Gel Type: Solid Polyurethane
- Fatigue Class: Severe
- Fire Retardancy: BS7176
- Cushion Weight: 3 kg
- Hypochloride Solution compatible: 1,000 ppm diluted or 0.1% (or to be used in conjunction with local infection control guidelines)
- Centralised pommel design
- Complete gel surface
- Finest quality CMHR foam
- Multi-stretch, vapour permeable cover (impregnated with an anti fungal agent)
- Non-slip base
- Enhances postural management
- Provides excellent pressure re-distribution & important patient comfort
- Prevents patient bottoming out & aids patient transfer
- Reduces shear & friction forces, whilst assisting infection control policies (can be laundered up to 80 Deg C)
- Aids moving & handling procedures, providing ultimate patient safety
- Ensures great value for money
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section