- Drawstring Laundry Bag Item Code: MS31004Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This highly durable and reliable white Drawstring Laundry bag is a traditional storage solution for dry, soiled linen.
- Drawstring Laundry Bag - Red Item Code: MS30976Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ideal for use in the majority of care setting this laundry bag is highly cost effective and will to fit on most laundry carts.
- Drawstring Laundry Bag - Green Item Code: MS30967Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This is the green coloured Drawstring Laundry Bag; other colours are also available in this section of the site.
- Dissolvo Sack - Red Dissolving Laundry Bags (PK200) Item Code: MS24739Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Dissolvo Sack provides total protection and convenience when dealing with dirty laundry. The bag contents are released only when in the washing machine. Dissolvo Sack meets the DHSS guidelines HC(95) 18 for the SAFE handling of contaminated laundry.SpecificationsBrand: Care ShopColour: Red45cm x 75cm (flat/unopened)Express Delivery Available
- Drawstring Laundry Bag - Yellow Item Code: MS31005Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This highly durable and reliable yellow Drawstring Laundry bag is a traditional storage solution for dry, soiled linen.
- Safeknot Laundry Bag - Blue Item Code: MS30894Safeknot is a soiled linen collection bag that utilises a simple and durable web fastening. Safeknot bags feature a maximum load line inscription to prevent overloading and improve manual handling procedures. Safeknot bags hav an elasticated opening, ensuring that they will fit the majority of soiled linen collection carts. Size: 70 x 101cm
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section