Wheelchair Straps & Belts
- Mobility Scooter / Electric Wheelchair Seat Belt (80") Item Code: MS32006FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£81.19 with VAT Relief
- Electric Wheelchair Seat Belt Item Code: MS31962FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Designed with the safety of the wheelchair user in mind, the Electric Wheelchair Seat Belt is a comfortable safety device that fits around the user when out and about.Express Delivery Available£71.89 with VAT Relief
- Spare Lap Belt For Expedition Plus Travel Wheelchair Item Code: MS27167Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£7.69 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Standard (Bolt Type) Item Code: MS25926Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£11.29 with VAT Relief
- Webbing Calf Strap Item Code: MS11878Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£9.89 with VAT Relief
- Fleece Calf Strap Item Code: MS11879Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£20.19 with VAT Relief
- Wheelchair Seat Belt Item Code: MS12184Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Similar to car seat belts, this Wheelchair Seat Belt is fitted with an automatic press-to-release buckle for convenience.Express Delivery Available£17.95 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Scooter / Electric Wheelchair Seat Belt (60") Item Code: MS32004FREE Shipping£71.89 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Scooter / Electric Wheelchair Seat Belt (70") Item Code: MS32005FREE Shipping£77.09 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Extra Long (Loop Type) Item Code: MS26104Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Extra Long (Loop Type)Available for use with wheelchairs to provide additional support and stability and to keep the user’s hips and pelvis towards back of the chair (must not be used in vehicles travelling in excess of 8mph)Easily fitted to backrest of wheelchair and adjusts easily in length to suit different user sizesFastens around the waist with a snap lock fastenerHelps prevent the user slipping forward in the seat or toppling when negotiating stepsExtra-long belt measures 5cm x 2.5 metresSuitable for wheelchairs with a seat width of up to 30”£24.98 with VAT Relief
- Fleece Lap Strap Cover Item Code: MS25324An additional comfort and safety accessory to compliment our Safety Lap Straps. This fleece cover slides easily over the snap-lok fastener of either our LS - 1 or LS - 2 style lap straps to provide a luxurious and warm cushioning fleece sleeve, which also provides additional safety protection by preventing the user from accidentally releasing the fastener.The cover slides neatly aside to release the belt when required.
- Wheelchair Saftey Belt Item Code: MS16737£8.89 with VAT Relief
- WHEELCHAIR STRAP WITH BUCKLE Item Code: MS10804£18.09 with VAT Relief
- WHEELCHAIR STRAP Item Code: MS10803£15.79 with VAT Relief
- Adult Foam Torso Support Item Code: MS10805Adult Foam Torso SupportFeaturesIdeal for those who tend to slump forward in wheelchairs. Fully adjustable to fit most users. Made of soft, breathable foam with 635mm (25") long hook and loop closures on chest and shoulder straps.SpecificationsWaistband adjusts from 81 to 122cm (32 to 48") and may be secured in front or back, as appropriate for the user.Weight 175g.£22.49 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section