Wheelchair Straps & Belts
- Auto Buckle Wheelchair Belt - Wraparound Item Code: MS12184Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.59Save: £3.24Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Webbing Calf Strap Item Code: MS11878Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £7.13 with VAT Relief
Was: £8.39Save: £1.26Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Standard (Bolt Type) Item Code: MS25926Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.92 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.49Save: £1.57Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Seat Belt In Black Nylon Webbing Item Code: MS23092Special Price £7.73 with VAT Relief
Was: £9.09Save: £1.36Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Fleece Lap Strap Cover Item Code: MS25324Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.An additional comfort and safety accessory to compliment our Safety Lap Straps. This fleece cover slides easily over the snap-lok fastener of either our LS - 1 or LS - 2 style lap straps to provide a luxurious and warm cushioning fleece sleeve, which also provides additional safety protection by preventing the user from accidentally releasing the fastener.The cover slides neatly aside to release the belt when required.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £11.78Save: £1.76Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Adult Foam Torso Support Item Code: MS10805Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Adult Foam Torso SupportFeaturesIdeal for those who tend to slump forward in wheelchairs. Fully adjustable to fit most users. Made of soft, breathable foam with 635mm (25") long hook and loop closures on chest and shoulder straps.SpecificationsWaistband adjusts from 81 to 122cm (32 to 48") and may be secured in front or back, as appropriate for the user.Weight 175g.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £20.14 with VAT Relief
Was: £23.69Save: £3.55Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Spare Lap Belt For Expedition Plus Travel Wheelchair Item Code: MS27167Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.77 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.79Save: £1.02Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Extra Long (Loop Type) Item Code: MS26104Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mobility Smart Wheelchair Seat Belt - Extra Long (Loop Type)Available for use with wheelchairs to provide additional support and stability and to keep the user’s hips and pelvis towards back of the chair (must not be used in vehicles travelling in excess of 8mph)Easily fitted to backrest of wheelchair and adjusts easily in length to suit different user sizesFastens around the waist with a snap lock fastenerHelps prevent the user slipping forward in the seat or toppling when negotiating stepsExtra-long belt measures 5cm x 2.5 metresSuitable for wheelchairs with a seat width of up to 30”Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £21.23 with VAT Relief
Was: £24.98Save: £3.75Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Wheelchair Saftey Belt Item Code: MS16737Special Price £7.39 with VAT Relief
Was: £8.69Save: £1.30Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Fleece Calf Strap Item Code: MS11879Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £15.38 with VAT Relief
Was: £18.09Save: £2.71Offer ends 2019-09-30
- WHEELCHAIR STRAP WITH BUCKLE Item Code: MS10804Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £15.38 with VAT Relief
Was: £18.09Save: £2.71Offer ends 2019-09-30
- WHEELCHAIR STRAP Item Code: MS10803Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £13.42 with VAT Relief
Was: £15.79Save: £2.37Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Extra Secure Wheelchair Belt Item Code: MS11767FREE ShippingExtra Secure Wheelchair BeltAdditional Security and Padding.This belt criss-crosses in the back of the wheelchair and loops around the tilt levers, proving extra security. Consists of soft comfortable foam attached to a wide, heavy duty nylon strap.Measures 120 x 560mm (4½ x 22"). Slide the buckles on the strap to adjust length. Straps measure 1020mm (40") long. Fits comfortably around hips.Machine wash and dry. Light blue with dark blue trim.Special Price £45.89 with VAT Relief
Was: £53.99Save: £8.10Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Auto Buckle Wheelchair Belt - Screw Attachment Item Code: MS12185Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £25.83 with VAT Relief
Was: £30.39Save: £4.56Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Front-Release Padded Wheelchair Belt Item Code: MS10806Front-Release Padded Wheelchair BeltFeaturesMade with 25mm (1") thick foam padding for comfort, this belt is used in a wheelchair to prevent users from sliding forward. Supplied with an easy-open hook and loop closure, located at the front of the belt, allowing users to remove the belt when needed. Fits waists from 81 to 178cm (32 to 70"). Weight 260g.Special Price £25.75 with VAT Relief
Was: £30.29Save: £4.54Offer ends 2019-09-30
- Wheelchair Safety Strap Item Code: MS16542Special Price £9.34 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.99Save: £1.65Offer ends 2019-09-30
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section