Multi Legs Canes
- Large Base Tripod Walking Stick Item Code: MS31029Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This exceptionally lightweight Tripod Walking Stick boasts three sturdy legs at its base, which is specially designed to provide the user with added stability when compared to traditional walking stick, making this perfect for those with limited balance.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £28.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £33.09Save: £4.14
- Large Base Quad Cane Item Code: MS28217Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This large base quad cane has a swan shaped neck which helps distribute user weight for extra stability. It is height adjustable with 10 settings ensuring the perfect fit for the majority of users. It is fitted with four non slip ferrules for extra security and a comfy grip handle.SpecificationsLarge base quad cane with swan shape neck is ideal cane for users looking for more stabilityStands upright on it's ownFour non slip ferrules for added stabilityChrome plated for longevity135kg (21 stone) weight limitHeight: 780 - 1004mmWidth: 260mmColour: Chrome SprayingHeight to Handgrip: 780 - 1004mmMaximum User Weight: 127kgMaximum User Weight: 20stNumber of Height Settings: 10Overall Height: 780 - 1004mmExpress Delivery Available£22.29 with VAT Relief
- Coloured Childrens Tripod Walking Stick Item Code: MS16446FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Manufactured specifically for children, this Coloured Paediatric Tripod Walking Stick has a number of key features to benefit the younger user.Express Delivery Available£65.95 with VAT Relief
- Quad Waking Aid - Wide Base Item Code: MS16328Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£35.89 with VAT Relief
- Coopers Tripod Item Code: MS15998FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Tripods offer increased stability to the user. Fitted with high quality Ferrules, their handles taper towards the front to give a good grip and prevent slipping.Express Delivery Available£51.29 with VAT Relief
- Small Base Quad Cane Item Code: MS28216This height adjustable, small base quad case is styled like a traditional walking stick but provides extra stability and security thanks to is quad legged base.Special Price £10.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £19.95Save: £9.00
- Quadruped Adjustable Stick Item Code: MS11780£20.09 with VAT Relief
- Swan Handle Quad Walking Stick - Silver (43-53") Item Code: MS16325This Swan Handle Quad Walking Stick is strong and adjustable in height so it can be easily altered to suit the needs of each individual.Stylishly finished and with a Swan handle, this walking stick has a strong shaft and four feet at the end of the shaft which provides a wider base offering more stability. Featuring a non-slip, non-marking rubber ferrule at its base for improved user safety.How to choose the correct size walking stickThe correct size for your walking stick is the same distance between the crease in your wrist and the floor.SpecificationsSize: 43 - 53"Weight: 1.73lbs (0.786kg)Wrist Strap: NoFerrule Size: 19mm (3/4")Handle Material: FoamShaft Material: Aluminium£20.69 with VAT Relief
- Standard Quad Cane - Large Base Item Code: MS17304£18.19 with VAT Relief
- Standard Quad Cane - Small Base Item Code: MS17305£18.99 with VAT Relief
- Adjustable Small Based Quad Stick Item Code: MS10211£23.89 with VAT Relief
- Coopers Tetrapod - Centred Legs Item Code: MS16000
Tetrapod offer increased stability to the user. Fitted with high quality Ferrules, their handles taper towards the front to give a good grip and prevent slipping.£29.89 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section