Hernia & Groin Supports
- Vulkan Warm Pants 1.5mm thickness (various sizes) Item Code: PG23992FREE ShippingThese neoprene shorts deliver exceptional comfort levels and provide heat retaining benefits and firm support to the thigh, hamstring, hip, groin and gluteal regions without restricting movement. Features an adjustable pull cord at the waist. Also available in 0.5mm thickness. Sizes: X Small: 60 -70 cm Small: 70 -80 cm Medium: 80 -90 cm Large: 90 -100 cm X Large: 100 -110 cm
- Neo G Groin Support Item Code: MS19321Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Vulkan Multisport Lycra Shorts (3 colour options, various sizes) Item Code: PG23997Manufactured from durable lycra, these shorts are ideal as an under garment during exercise or any sporting activity. Comfortable and allow complete freedom of movement. Available in Navy, Black or White. Sizes: X X Small: 55- 60 cm X Small: 60 - 70 cm Small: 70- 80 cm Medium: 80- 90 cm Large: 90 - 100 cm X Large: 100- 110 cm
- Hernia Belt - Large Item Code: MS21452The Hernia Belt provides gentle relief from reducible inguinal hernias. Designed using the latest materials for maximum levelof support and comfort. Provides constant, comfortable and adjustable pressure to the hernia. Two uniquely shaped foam compression pads provide gradual pressure and support to the weakened muscles with focused compression on the hernia. Either pad can be removed to treat a single hernia.For both single & double hernias.Size: Large 104 - 116cm
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section