- Multi Purpose Stool Item Code: MS10349FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £195.19Save: £29.28
- Posture Stool Item Code: PG20451FREE ShippingPosture Stool The ergonomically designed posture stool helps to reduce the discomfort of sitting for long periods and improves seated posture. Exceptional value for money, this high quality stool is fully height adjustable and the seat has a tilt facility for added versatility. Comes in a range of colours (see below) to suit any clinic. Five-year guarantee. Height can be adjusted from 52 to 71cm. Colours: Sand Space Blue Imperial Blue ForestAs low as
- Sissel Saddle Stool - Black Item Code: MS21815FREE ShippingSissel Saddle Stool - BlackSaddle Stool, helps ease back pain!The saddle stool was designed by a man who suffered with chronic back pain. The only relief from pain came when he was horse riding. An orthopaedic consultant explained to him that the riding position gave a perfect balance to all the elements involved in the seemingly simple but anatomically complex process of sitting.This ergonomically designed saddle stool maintains the spine's natural correct posture helping to reduce the strain on the spine which is a common cause of back pain.Ideal to be used as an alternatve to a standard chairby practitioners whilst treating patientsFeatures Smooth single leaver gas-lift Easy care vinyl fabric Colour - Black Seat - Chrome 5 wheel baseSpecification Height adjustable from 67 to 78cm Seat size, 38 x 36 x13cm (l x w x d) (15" x 13" x 5") Maximum weight 130Kg (300lbs)Special PriceWas: £178.19Save: £26.72
- Posture Stool - With Backrest Item Code: PG20455FREE ShippingPosture Stool The ergonomically designed posture stool helps to reduce the discomfort of sitting for long periods and improves seated posture. Exceptional value for money, this high quality stool is fully height adjustable and the seat has a tilt facility for added versatility. Comes in a range of colours (see below) to suit any clinic. Five-year guarantee. Height can be adjusted from 52 to 71cm. Colours Sand Space Blue Imperial Blue ForestAs low as
- Pneumatic Wheelie Stool Item Code: MS10348FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £180.89Save: £27.13
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section