- Lite Touch Rheumatic Pen Item Code: MS16594Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Lite Touch PenThe lite touch pen requires almost no pressure to write. The pens built-up, textured surface makes it easier to hold than standard size pens.This ball point pen with lightweight plastic case is especially suitable for arthritics and rheumatics. The built-up contoured shape is easy to grip, and virtually no pressure is required when writing. It can be weighted with sand etc for those with tremor.Parker replacement refills are available at any good stationers.Dimensions:Length: 15.5cmWeight: 24gDiameter 18mm (3/4").
- Pen And Pencil Gripper (PK3) Item Code: MS12648Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Soft Pencil Grip - Large Item Code: MS16945FREE Shipping£54.69 with VAT Relief
- Closed Cell Foam Tubing - Blue Item Code: MS13373Bright coloured assortment is ideal for visually impaired and paediatric use.Use Closed Cell Foam Tubing to build up cutlery and other hard-to-grasp handles. Household dishwasher safe.Available in three sizes signified by colour - 2 Per PackTan Outside Diameter: 25mm (1")Hole Diameter: 6.4mm (¼")RedOutside Diameter: 29mm (1 1/8")Hole Diameter: 9.5mm (3/8")BlueOutside Diameter: 29mm (1 1/8")Hole Diameter: 19mm (¾")
- Pen & Pencil Gripper (PK4) Item Code: MS16601Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.69 with VAT Relief
- Norco Universal Cuff Item Code: MS10115Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Norco Universal Cuff Economical, adjustable holder.Cuttlery, pens and pencils can be held with the Utensil Holder. Hook & loop closure with a D-ring strap adjustment for palms measuring 180-200mm (7-8") in circumference. Easy to put on and take off. Pocket measures 76mm (3") long and is sewn closed on one end. Made of comfortable cotton. Machine wash, gentle cycle.
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK24) Item Code: MS16946£4.59 with VAT Relief
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK144) Item Code: MS16947Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£13.59 with VAT Relief
- Writing Bird Item Code: MS16959Writing BirdIdeal writing device for persons with limited hand control. The Writing-Bird is a unique writing device for persons with limited hand co-ordination, dexterity or a weak grasp. Ideal for persons with arthritis or neurological disorders. Perfect for individuals without thumb to fingertip pinch. Only slight downward pressure is needed to write. Made of durable, frosted acrylic. May be used with either the right or left hand. Pen is included.
- Self-Opening Scissors Item Code: PG82-9Self-Opening Scissors Self-Opening Scissors look like conventional style scissors but have been fitted with a spring so that they automatically reopen after pressure is released. They are supplied with a blade guard and are available in either left handed (Green handles) or right handed (Blue handles) styles. Blades are round ended, stainless steel.Blade length: 45mmWeight: 30g
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section