- Booklift Bookholder Item Code: MS11211Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Booklift Bookholder is an easel-style book holder that has nine different height adjustments available, which allows the user to read from any size book at a very wide range of viewing angles, ensuring user comfort.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £22.90Save: £12.95
- Pen And Pencil Gripper (PK3) Item Code: MS12648Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1.10 with VAT Relief
Was: £2.58Save: £1.48
- Gimble Book Holder Item Code: MS16932
- Lite Touch Rheumatic Pen Item Code: MS16594Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Lite Touch PenThe lite touch pen requires almost no pressure to write. The pens built-up, textured surface makes it easier to hold than standard size pens.This ball point pen with lightweight plastic case is especially suitable for arthritics and rheumatics. The built-up contoured shape is easy to grip, and virtually no pressure is required when writing. It can be weighted with sand etc for those with tremor.Parker replacement refills are available at any good stationers.Dimensions:Length: 15.5cmWeight: 24gDiameter 18mm (3/4").
- Norco Universal Cuff Item Code: MS10115Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Norco Universal Cuff Economical, adjustable holder.Cuttlery, pens and pencils can be held with the Utensil Holder. Hook & loop closure with a D-ring strap adjustment for palms measuring 180-200mm (7-8") in circumference. Easy to put on and take off. Pocket measures 76mm (3") long and is sewn closed on one end. Made of comfortable cotton. Machine wash, gentle cycle.
- Writing Bird Item Code: MS16959Writing BirdIdeal writing device for persons with limited hand control. The Writing-Bird is a unique writing device for persons with limited hand co-ordination, dexterity or a weak grasp. Ideal for persons with arthritis or neurological disorders. Perfect for individuals without thumb to fingertip pinch. Only slight downward pressure is needed to write. Made of durable, frosted acrylic. May be used with either the right or left hand. Pen is included.
- FOLDING BOOK AND MAGAZINE STAND Item Code: MS11209
- The Hold It Item Code: MS20041FREE ShippingThe Hold ItFloor standing bookholder, laptop support and writing stand in one.Enjoy either hands-free reading on the sofa or in bed to relieve aching neck, back and hands, or write or use your laptop in an ergonomically approved position sitting down, standing up or lying down.Accommodates almost any size of book, laptop or writing materialCan be angled infinitely so you can read directly above you or sidewaysAccommodates books weighing up to 4kg/ 8 lbsPage holders keep page in placeRead at an angleTurn the page with just one handUse any size of laptop in an appropriate ergonomic positionTray accommodates writing on sheets of A4 paperAdjustable in height up to 140cm / 55”Arm reaches 60cm outwardsEasily portable on it’s sturdy wheeled base.Includes sturdy carry case with handle£358.79 with VAT Relief
- Wooden Reading Rest Item Code: MS16933Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Perfect Position Mini Mount Item Code: MS26362Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mobile devices have become an essential part of everyday life. From making a call, getting directions and surfing the web to helping those with speech difficulties to communicate. Our Perfect Position Mini Mount helps you to get the most our of your device, while ensuring it stays protected.Constructed of robust coated steel, the mount features seven points of articulation, each with adjustable tension. These points allow adjustment of the height, reach and angle to place your device in its optimum position - whether it is for that ideal viewing angle or to give access that would otherwise be impossible.Featuring cushioned areas on the clamp and holder to avoid damage to furniture or device and unique dual-suction base, offering quick and easy adhesion to any flat surface.With the choice fixings, this versatile item allows you to mount your device everywhere from your desk, to the arm of your chair or wheelchair and even in your car! The ideal solution for anyone reliant on their mobile device, especially those with restricted mobility.Versatile mobile device mount, ideal for those with restricted mobilitySeven points of articulation allows you to get exactly the right positionIndependent tension for each articulation pointStrong, coated steel constructionEasily attach to desk, chair, car or wheelchair
- Wristys Original- Small Item Code: MS25271Wristys originals Wristys Helps prevent RSI If you suffer from pain in your hands and wrists while working you could be at risk from REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY, commonly known as RSI. Wristys are worn to support your wrists while you are using your hands. Wristys unique formulated soft cushioning, protects delicate tendons and nerves and helps distribute pressure evenly. Wrist Size Small - up to 15cm Wristys (per boxed pair)
- Wristys Original - XL Item Code: MS25270Wristys originals Wristys Helps prevent RSI If you suffer from pain in your hands and wrists while working you could be at risk from REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY, commonly known as RSI. Wristys are worn to support your wrists while you are using your hands. Wristys unique formulated soft cushioning, protects delicate tendons and nerves and helps distribute pressure evenly. Wrist Size XLarge - up to 21cm Wristys (per boxed pair)
- Closed Cell Foam Tubing - Blue Item Code: MS13373Bright coloured assortment is ideal for visually impaired and paediatric use.Use Closed Cell Foam Tubing to build up cutlery and other hard-to-grasp handles. Household dishwasher safe.Available in three sizes signified by colour - 2 Per PackTan Outside Diameter: 25mm (1")Hole Diameter: 6.4mm (¼")RedOutside Diameter: 29mm (1 1/8")Hole Diameter: 9.5mm (3/8")BlueOutside Diameter: 29mm (1 1/8")Hole Diameter: 19mm (¾")
- Kneeler Posture Chair - Grey Item Code: MS17193FREE Shipping
- Wristys Original - Medium Item Code: MS25272Wristys originals Wristys Helps prevent RSI If you suffer from pain in your hands and wrists while working you could be at risk from REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY, commonly known as RSI. Wristys are worn to support your wrists while you are using your hands. Wristys unique formulated soft cushioning, protects delicate tendons and nerves and helps distribute pressure evenly. Wrist Size Medium - up to 17cm Wristys (per boxed pair)
- Wristys Original - Large Item Code: MS25269Wristys originals Wristys Helps prevent RSI If you suffer from pain in your hands and wrists while working you could be at risk from REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY, commonly known as RSI. Wristys are worn to support your wrists while you are using your hands. Wristys unique formulated soft cushioning, protects delicate tendons and nerves and helps distribute pressure evenly. Wrist Size Large - up to 19cm Wristys (per boxed pair)
- Scarlet Plastic Reading Rest Item Code: MS24054Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Pen & Pencil Gripper (PK4) Item Code: MS16601Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.69 with VAT Relief
- BOOK HOLDER STAND Item Code: MS11210FREE ShippingThe Book Holder Stand enables individuals with limited upper extremity function to read hands-free and without neck strain while sitting, standing or lying supine. The page holder's spring action and soft rubber ends make turning pages easy, even with one hand. The stand is height adjustable from 790mm (31") to 1300mm (51") and tilts and rotates around the horizontal axis.
- Soft Pencil Grip - Large Item Code: MS16945FREE Shipping£54.69 with VAT Relief
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK24) Item Code: MS16946Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£4.59 with VAT Relief
- ReadEzy Bookrest Item Code: MS20040Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.ReadEzy BookrestThis clever device makes reading so easy leaving your hands free whilst minimising neck strain.Holds paperback and hardback books, colour magazines, A4 documents and even a Yellow Pages (accommodates books up to 1.25”/30cm thick)Adjustable angle to accommodate your most comfortable viewing positionFoldable for easy transport and storageUse at home - perhaps in the kitchen to rest your cookery bookIn the office - leaving your hands free to typeIdeal for students studying for long periods
- Reading Stand Item Code: MS16598Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Kneeler Posture Chair - Black Item Code: MS13589FREE Shipping
- Coccyx Posture Chair Item Code: PD82-2FREE ShippingCoccyx Relief ChairA great coccyx chair with a new style, designed for coccyx relief. The Coccyx relief chair has the same comfort and support of our original posture chair with the added benefit of a coccyx relief recess to take the pressure off the base of the spine. If you suffer with coccyx pain, our Coccyx chair is for you.As low as
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK144) Item Code: MS16947Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£13.59 with VAT Relief
- Kneeler Posture Chair - Blue Item Code: MS17192FREE Shipping
- Kneeler Posture Chair - Beige Item Code: MS17194FREE Shipping
- Kneeler Posture Chair - Black (V Foam) Item Code: MS17195FREE Shipping
- Performance Health Velour Cover D Lumbar Roll - Blue (12x2") Item Code: MS24029
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section