Lids & Aids For Cups
- Two Handled Cup Holder Item Code: MS15720Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£3.89 with VAT Relief
- Independence Anti-Splash Lids (Pk 6) Item Code: MS16082£7.79 with VAT Relief
- Assisted Spout Lid - Large Item Code: MS16033Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£7.09 with VAT Relief
- Shaped Spouted Lid - Small Item Code: MS16026Shaped Spouted LidLids with longer shaped spout to help the user drink independently. Comes in a Large and Small hole version to accommodate all types of fluids & aid the user with swallowing difficulties. Can be partnered with Thermo Plus Mug, Thermo Safe Mug, Ergo Plus Cup and Health Care Plus Cup only. Large spout suitable for thicker fluids.£4.29 with VAT Relief
- Non Drip Spouted Lid Item Code: MS16025Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Non Drip Spouted LidAnti-spill lid designed to release liquid with little suction. Light suction enables a small amount of air to enter the cup releasing small amount of liquid which is automatically closed by a rubber seal when suction is removed. This stops liquid leaking when rotated or knocked over. Incorporates a long spout to help the user drink independently. Can be partnered with cups: Thermo plus lid, Thermo safe mug, Ergo plus cup, Healthcare plus cup.Express Delivery Available
- Shaped Spouted Lid - Large Item Code: MS16027Shaped Spouted LidLids with longer shaped spout to help the user drink independently. Comes in a Large and Small hole version to accommodate all types of fluids & aid the user with swallowing difficulties. Can be partnered with Thermo Plus Mug, Thermo Safe Mug, Ergo Plus Cup and Health Care Plus Cup only. Large spout suitable for thicker fluids.£3.69 with VAT Relief
- Transparent Mug With Two Handles - Spare Lid Item Code: MS16076Transparent Mug With Two HandlesClear, high strength plastic with dual handles for a secure grip. Wide base helps prevent tipping. Supplied with a white spouted lid. A weighted version of the transparent mug is available. This is ideal for those with hand tremors or need something heavier to hold onto.Capacity 285ml (10fl.oz)Dishwasher safe up to 50?C (125F)£5.69 with VAT Relief
- Independence Spouted Lids (Pk 6) Item Code: MS16081£7.79 with VAT Relief
- Independence Flow Lids (Pk 6) Item Code: MS16083£18.19 with VAT Relief
- Independence Nosey Lids (Pk6) Item Code: MS16084Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£11.89 with VAT Relief
- Easy Drinking Lid Item Code: MS16028Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£6.49 with VAT Relief
- Assisted Spout Lid - Small Item Code: MS16032Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£7.09 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section