Misc Chair Accessories
- Assist-A-Tray Chair Table Item Code: MS20965FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Assist-A-Tray Chair Table is a highly discreet and stylish Mobility Aid that is supplied with an ergonomic grip handle that helps to provide the user with maximum levels of support when sitting down or standing up from a chair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £195.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £239.29Save: £43.34
- EZ Stand And Go Item Code: MS28455FREE ShippingIf you or a loved one has trouble standing from a sofa, chair, or recliner, the EZ Stand & Go from Stander can help you stand with confidence; without having to buy an expensive Rise and Recline chair. It s perfect for those who are recovering from surgery, have back pain, general unsteadiness, or have a lower-set sofa that is hard to stand from. Armrests are often set too low, and don t provide enough leverage to help you stand. The EZ Stand & Go can be installed in minutes, and places two handles right where you need it for maximum support while standing. It s fully adjustable to fit any sofa, chair, or recliner; and like all Stander products, it blends in with your Living Room, like another piece of furniture, to maintain the comforting feeling of your home.SpecificationsHandle height: 56 - 81cmWidth between handles: 48 - 66cmBase dimensions depth: 58 - 66cmWidth: 48 - 66cm.£129.69 with VAT Relief
- Deluxe Full Chair Insert Item Code: MS15594FREE Shipping
- CouchCane Item Code: MS17629FREE ShippingOur couch cane range has been sourced to provide a secure and confidence giving way to stand from a seating position from your couch. Very easy to assemble and install, your couch cane is lightweight and yet provides excellent support once in position on either the left or right hand side of your couch. Positioning is fully adjustable as well, so you can get just the right position for your individual needs. Couch canes are an invaluable means of support meaning that you can easily stand or change position from being seated on your couch. Why risk injury or strains when a couch cane can give you the support you need, when and where you need it. With secure non-slip feet, the couch cane fits under your furniture and once in place can give you a firm base to push up from. The grippy handle ensures that you have a good hold when using, so making sitting or standing much easier and safer. This product qualifies for our free delivery. Shop now and enjoy the new freedom our couch cane can give you. Height: 72 - 80cm (29 - 32"). Easier standing up or sitting Confidence promoting Reduce danger of falls and trips Fast and simple to reposition Lightweight and easy to store away£186.99 with VAT Relief
- Furniture Disc Item Code: MS13317The furniture disc has a 2" diameter and can be used as it is or trimmed to fit the bottom of chairs, tables or other furniture. Non slip floor discs are designed to stop chairs and sofas sliding on Parquet/wooden floors. Non slip floor discs also help prevent scratching of your floors. Available in packs of 8. Only available in blue.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section