- Uplift Premium Seat Assist Item Code: PG13109FREE ShippingThe Uplift Premium Seat Assist is an incredibly useful device for those with limited leg strength and for people that struggle to stand from a sitting position.Was:From Special Price £129.95 with VAT Relief£152.59Save:£22.64
- SitNStand Portable Lifting Seat Item Code: MS32838FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The SitNStand Portable Lifting Seat represents exceptional value for money and has been created to promote independent living in elderly and disabled patients.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £449.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £595.95Save: £146.00
- Upeasy Power Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS10862FREE ShippingUpeasy Power Lifting Cushion FeaturesThe UpEasy Power Lifting Cushion can easily transform any armchair, or sofa into a riser chair. It provides 100% lift for users and, due to the non-slip base, it can be safely used in recliners.Weighing just 5.4kg, this power cushion has a built-in carry handle, which makes it extremely portable.The UpEasy Power Lifting Cushion is an affordable alternative for those who need a riser chair, or a portable accessory for those who already own one.Suitable for people who need assistance to sit or stand due to insufficient upper or lower body strength.To operate the seat, simply flick either of the power levers up, and then place your hands on the chair arms while you are being lifted, the cushion will stop automatically when it reaches its maximum height, or can be stopped by gently pushing the lever down.The levers are detachable, enabling the seat to be operated from either side.Supplied with a machine washable blue cover that may be wiped clean with a damp cloth.SpecificationsSeat Depth: 480mm (19")Seat Width: 410mm (16")Maximum Height of Seat: 250mm (10")Minimum Height of Seat: 60mm (2½")Cable Length: 3.7m (12ft)Weight: 5.4kgMax user weight (21S)£334.99 with VAT Relief
- Upeasy Seat Assist - 36 to 104Kgs Item Code: MS13110FREE ShippingSeat Assists support up to 70% of users weight gently easing them in and out of their chair. Self-powered and lightweight, they go from the dining room to the park or to the theater – wherever extra help is needed to stands.Why people choose Seat AssistSafe, patented LeveLift Technology curves the seat to a flat surface lifting the user up on a level plane with no forward dumping.Durable, solid polycarbonate base has non-slip material to prevent shifting on fabric seating surfaces.Easy care, removable covers are machine washable in cold waterCushions can be cleaned with mild soap and water.Adjustable lift for easy weight setting adjustment for users from 94lb (43kg) to 350lb (159kg).Self-Powered, with the hydro-pneumatic gas spring providing the lift and releasing automatically as the user begins to stand. No batteries or electricity required.The portable Seat Assist closes flat for easy transport.Lightweight design and built-in handle for travel anywhere.SpecificationsSeat Depth: 19" (48cm)Seat Width: 17" (45cm)Seat Height Open: 10" (25cm)Seat Height Flat: 2" (5cm)Product Weight: 9lb (4Kgs)£147.89 with VAT Relief
- Stander Handy Handle - Ivory Item Code: MS27712
- Stander Handy Handle - Blue Item Code: MS27711
- Uplifting Seat Item Code: MS23635FREE Shipping
Allows the user to sit upand get up from a seated position
By shifting the weight onto users feet, the rise function is activated and helps push the user up gentley
Spring mechanism does not require batteries or electricity
Dense foam padded seat ensures great seating comfort
Non slip design on the base
Built in handle for easier carrying the seat everywhere you go.
6 different positions
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section