- Preparation Grip Item Code: MS20657Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £2.99Save: £1.91
- Stainless Steel Cooking Basket Item Code: MS10683
This stainless steel basket allows vegetables to be cooked and strained without ever lifting a pan full of boiling water.
The large fame retardant moulded nylon handle is easy to grip and provides heat insulation.Special Price £8.58 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.09Save: £1.51
- Coolhand Microwave Aid Item Code: MS17663Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Coolhand Microwave AidFeaturesHandy help to avoid burnt fingers when removing hot plates from the microwave.The light, strong Coolhand simply grips and releases plates as simply as using your hand.Ideal for those with arthritis and limited hand dexterity.The Coolhand uses the power of leverage so that the entire hand takes the weight of the plate instead of just the wrist.Dimensions200 x 95 x 25mm (8 x 33/4 x 1"). Weight: 88g (3ozExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £4.75 with VAT Relief
Was: £5.59Save: £0.84
- TeaTool - Tea Bag Squeezer Item Code: MS25313Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Don't make mess – make tea! Tea Tool is a simple solution that also helps those who find it difficult to squeeze the tea bag. Pop a tea bag in the cage, place it in your cup and pour the hot water in; give it a stir and press the plunger to squeeze the bag, releasing all the flavour and excess water. Then, pull the plunger to drop the bag in the bin. No drips on worktops, no burnt fingers, and no mess!Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £8.50Save: £1.27
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section