- Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion Item Code: MS21657FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Mangar are a manufacturer known for developing superb patient lifting equipment, so much so that the Mangar Elk Emergency Lifting Cushion is used by most UK NHS Ambulance Trusts.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,149.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,495.99Save: £346.04
- Mangar Camel Emergency Lifting Chair Item Code: MS24870FREE Shipping
The Camel is commonly used in a range of settings, such as the emergency services, care homes, hospitals, Telecare response teams and in the community, reducing the risk of injury and associated costs.Special Price £1,899.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £2,475.39Save: £575.44
- Stainless Steel Curved Grab Rail Item Code: MS19120Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This Stainless Steel Curved Grab Rail features a large 30mm (1.25") diameter, to ensure it is extremely easy to grip even for those with limited grip and once fitted there is a 50mm (2") gap between the rail and the wall for added user safety.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £14.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £23.29Save: £8.34
- Mangar Bathing Cushion Item Code: MS18005FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Manufactured by Mangar International, a world leader in the production of inflatable moving and handling equipment, and bathing equipment for the elderly, the disabled and for the Emergency services, the Mangar Bathing Cushion has a very clever internal honeycomb structure that makes it very supportive, hard wearing and reliable.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £364.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £599.99Save: £235.04
- Mangar Archimedes Bathlift - Replacement Handset / Battery Item Code: MS22246FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£98.89 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Airflo - Replacement Battery (Fits MK1, MK2 & Plus) Item Code: MS25566FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£75.39 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Bathlift Hose Connector 11mm Item Code: MS25931Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£17.39 with VAT Relief
- Mangar - Simple Rocker Switch Fits Mk 2 & 3 Compressors Item Code: MS22531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Mangar - Simple Rocker SwitchExpress Delivery Available£23.19 with VAT Relief
- Mangar - Replacement Charger Socket And Auxiliary Mount (MK2) Item Code: MS27720FREE Shipping£104.79 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Airflo - Replacement Battery (Fits MK3) Item Code: MS25164FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£53.19 with VAT Relief
- Mangar Archimedes Bath Lift Item Code: MS19141FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Archimedes Bath Lift by Mangar Health is an invaluable bathing aid, designed for those that have difficulty when getting in and out of the bath making it perfect for elderly users as well as those with limited mobility.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £235.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £285.09Save: £49.14
- Mangar Handy Pillowlift Pillow Lifter Item Code: MS20459FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Mangar Handy Pillowlift Pillow Lifter is an easy to use, air filled pillow lifter that gently raises the user into a comfortable, seated position at the simple touch of a button.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £634.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £648.39Save: £13.44
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section