Emergency & Personal Alarms
- Mobility Scooter Alarm Item Code: MS32203Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This highly cost effective Mobility Scooter Alarm is incredibly easy to use and install and has been designed to provide the user with peace of mind when leaving a Mobility Scooter unattended.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £39.95Save: £10.00
- Lifemax - Friends and Family Mobile SOS Button Item Code: MS25775FREE ShippingWe understand the value of independence. Our new mobile emergency button gives you your freedom, while offering friends and family the reassurance you can contact them ‘no matter what’.Small and unobtrusive, the SOS button uses mobile technology, allowing it to work anywhere there is a mobile signal. The neck or wrist worn SOS button automatically calls three landline or mobile numbers set by you, one after another until answered, then allows you to talk through the pendant.Once connected, you can alert your friend or family member to your situation. They can take immediate action, whether it be to call the emergency services or a neighbour, or to arrange help with daily chores.The button is powered by a USB rechargeable lithium battery, offering 30 minutes talk time and up to 6 months standby. You can be sure of an early warning when the battery is low with an indicator on the button and optional SMS alert. With SMS setup, the numbers and functions can be altered remotely to ensure the device is always up to date. Small and unobtrusive at just 6x3.5x1cm Automatically dials 3 user programmed numbers when SOS button is pressed Uses mobile technology to provide instant help where-ever you are - at home or out and about (requires SIM card) Powered by a USB rechargeable lithium battery with 30 minutes talk time and up to 6 months standby Low battery indicator and SMS alert Supplied with lanyard for use as a pendant and USB cable Optional wrist strap and USB charger available This Item CANNOT be returned due to being programmed for each customer Note: This product is programmed to order & comes fully set up with 3 months free Sim card use. After this an annual licence can be bought from the manufacture for around £120£109.49 with VAT Relief
- Wrist Emergency Alarm Item Code: MS17679Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Wrist Emergency AlarmProduct Description:Designed for any age. Press top button on the tough plastic housing to activate a loud 130dB alarm to alert a carer or someone in the vicinity. Press the underside button to reset the alarm. Supplied with a one size wrist strap with Velcro fasteners. Convenient, unobtrusive for all older users and popular with visually impaired users. Batteries included and fitted.Dimensions:Width 1.1/2"Length 2"Depth 1/2"Express Delivery Available
- Friends And Family Home Safety Alert Pro Item Code: MS29875FREE ShippingThis simple to use pendant alarm system has a rechargeable pager and can be paired with up to 45 pendants (2 supplied), offering huge scalability. From small care homes and hospital wards to larger care facilities, this simple wireless solution can be tailored to suit your exact needs.The pager has a built-in rechargeable battery and is supplied with a USB charging dock. The pager also has a 2 x 2.8cm LCD display coupled with 4 alarm volumes, which notifies the carer which button has been activated. Calls can be cleared from the pendant once answered.Offering a range of up to 100 metres the Safety Alert Pro has completely wireless operation and required minimal installation. This system is the epitome of simplicity and functionality.£66.09 with VAT Relief
- Wireless Bathroom Pull Alarm Item Code: MS29826FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This bathroom emergency call alert is a wireless safety device used to call for assistance when you need help in the bathroom. Just pull the cord and it will transmit an alert to the wireless home alert receiver. Housed in a water resistant case the device can be mounted to the ceiling or to a sidewall. With a 2 metre long pull cord that has adjustable length and 2 pull handles that can be triggered by one finger.Express Delivery Available£58.69 with VAT Relief
- Auto Dial Panic Alarm Plus Item Code: MS27904FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Your order contains an item that will be despatched directly from our supplier, so only standard delivery is available. We understand the value of your independence. Our Auto Dial Plus gives you your freedom whilst offering friends and family the reassurance of knowing you can contact them “no matter what”.FeaturesWhen pressed, the SOS button will automatically call three landline or mobile numbers set by you, one after another until answered. The person receiving the call will be played your customised ‘help’ message and you can then talk to them through the pendant. Like a normal telephone call, you can alert your friend or family member to your situation. They can take immediate action whether it be to call the emergency services or a neighbour or to arrange help with daily chores. With a generous 30 metre range, the pendant can go for up to 6 months between charges and warns when the battery is low or if the pendant is out of range. The Auto Dial Plus is supplied with all the required telephone cables and a power adapter - although the main unit also features a battery back-up. Dimensions: 16.0x12.0x4.5cmExpress Delivery Available£72.99 with VAT Relief
- Friends And Family Home Safety Alert Item Code: MS27903FREE ShippingA wireless calling alarm system with two calling pendants and one receiver. This out of the box solution provides excellent support for the elderly and disabled. Each pendant has an independent call and panic button and comes with a fitted neck cord and battery. The receiver is a compact and robust unit that can be powered by battery . The main unit shows which pendant is calling and urgency of call using sound and light. Each pendant has separate call and panic buttons. The system works in a range of 30 metres. Battery powered. Low battery warning. Quick reset button on main unit to cancel alarm.£43.89 with VAT Relief
- Auto Dial Panic Alarm Item Code: MS16973FREE ShippingAuto Dial Panic AlarmA great safety product for the disabled or elderly living alone and concerned about falling. The panic alarm is a small pendant. In an emergency the user presses the button and the main unit dials for help. If the fist number is busy or on voice mail it will dial the next pre-programmed number. The user can record their own “help-me” message and 3 telephone numbers can be programmed (neighbour, son or friend for example). When answers hands free two-way conversation is possible. FeaturesMain unit receives panic signal from the remote pendant and auto dials up to 3 numbersEasy set up and recording of your own “help-me” message.Two-way hands free voice communicationRange between panic button and main unit is 50 metres (in open area)Low battery warning signalThe main unit is powered by a 6v adaptor (included) or 4 x AAA batteries for back-up (batteries not included).Complies to all UK standardsSpecial Price £64.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £72.99Save: £8.00
- My Vitals Item Code: MS29009Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Our safety and health often relies on communicating critical information ? My Vitals gives you the peace of mind of knowing that this can be conveyed no matter what your situation. Using a secure digital recording, My Vitals stores up to 95 seconds of critical information. The striking design and intuitive layout allows any caregiver to retrieve your vital information at the push of a button, when you are not able to. My Vitals can be used by anyone, whether it be stopping your children getting lost or giving someone the confidence to set out alone.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £14.59Save: £5.60
- Wireless Solo-Call Item Code: MS27909FREE ShippingThe Solo-call system includes a transmitter unit to connect to your choise of lifemax sensor mat and a rechargeable pager unit to pick up an alarm singal within a 30 meter range, ehrn the sensor mat is activated. The pager unit has options of an audio alarm, vibration alarm or both.The Solo-call is ideal for helping people with reduced mobility who may take a fall, or for ensuring a loved one does not wander off, by providing an early warning of any danger. it is simple to use and reduce the burden on any care giver by providing them with a versatile, reliable monitoring system.Size: 62 x 95 x 17mmRequires 2x AAA batteries (not inclueded)
- Flashing Dorrbell With Vibrating Pager Item Code: MS27906FREE ShippingNever miss a visitor again with this doorbell specifically designed for the hard of hearing. A push of the doorbell activates the mains powered, flashing chime and portable vibration pager. With no wiring, the system is easy to install and has a range of up to 250 metres (820 feet). Whether you choose the flashing chime, portable pager, or both, you can select 4 volume levels and one of 52 melodies.FeaturesDoorbell with the option of flashing light and vibrating pager, so you never miss a visitor!Easy, wire-free installation with a range of up to 250 metresLight and compact pager, weighing just 75g and measuring 90x55x18mmPager includes flashing light and 4 volume levelsFlashing chime is mains powered and incorporates 52 melodies and 4 volume levels
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Anti Tamper Care Alarm Item Code: MS25770FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The anti-tamper feature stops patients switching their local alarm systems off - an event that can have serious consequences or cause upset to fellow patients. This latest alarm technology can only be turned off by an infrared remote control that can be kept by the carer. The Lifemax Anti-Tamper Care Alarm works as a local alarm or can connect into a multi point Nursecall system with a suitable connecting cable. There are two alarm sounds, with adjustable volume and a silent mode for use with Nursecall systems that operate on remote alarm signalling. Designed with a tough resin case with rubberised edges for ultimate durability. It can be wall mounted or fitted to beds, chairs or wheelchairs with the two different size mounting hooks included. The system uses a code to match each remote control to the monitor and eliminates interference from other systems. A low battery indicator is incorporated.Note: Sensors supplied separatelyExpress Delivery Available£59.19 with VAT Relief
- Dementia Support Alert Item Code: MS18986FREE ShippingDementia Support AlertA system to detect activity that could be a risk to those with Dementia. Sensors detect door activity (front and back) and a motion sensor is used to detect nocturnal wandering or access to high-risk areas.. Any alarm is sent to the pager. The door sensors can be temporarily disabled by authorised carers. This is a Class 1 Medical Device.Product Description:Door switches measure 95x40x20mm with high gap tolerance (10mm)Motion Sensor measures 120x60x30 and have key fob controlDoor switches are battery powered (CR2032 battery is supplied)Motion sensor is battery powered (4 x AA are supplied)Pager supplied with rechargeable batteries with mains adapter (100 hours portable use)Range for radio up to 450m depending on environment£490.49 with VAT Relief
- ISee Smart Watch Item Code: MS30760FREE ShippingISee Smart WatchThis smart watch may seemjust like a normal watch but comes with many featuresMake sure your family and friends stay safewith real time trackingStick in some kind of emergency this smart watch also comes with SOS 2 way callingOther features include a built in heart monitor.WIFI positioning, sleep monitor,pedometer and a clour screenSpecificationsLocation:gps+wifi+lbs+agpsGSM:850/900/1800/1900Sim Card: Micro SIM CardBattery: Lithium Battery 400mAH,standby100 hoursBattery: Lithium Battery 500mAh,standby time is about 5 DaysDimension:46x36x16mmAccessories: USB Cable,and user manual£79.99 with VAT Relief
- ISee SOS Button Item Code: MS30764FREE ShippingISee SOS ButtonThe isee SOS buttonis worn around the neck on a lanyard,and is accurate in 15 MetresThe trackerhas a built in falls directorIt can be managed remotely to get geofences(Areas that the carer does not want the user to leave or enter) and has a free journeyhistory app available on Android and IOSThe tracker has a talking clock function and remote alarms can be setIt has indoor location tracking,using local WIFI where available,and a wander detection alert can be set if the user leaves the homeYou can also store emergency contact numbers and 2 way calling is also possibleThis product has an upto 72hr battery standby requires a sim card (not supplied) and has a low sim credit alertFeaturesReal time talking,Historical route playback,GeofenceSOS alarm & calling , Talking ClockFAll down alarm,WIFI positioningVibrate on ring for incoming call remindTwo way audio communicationMute automatic answering calls for voice monitorGSM Quad band network, Tracking via website/IOSApp/AndroidApp/Whebchat/SMSClick to call,Low battery Alarm,Sim Changeing Alarm£109.49 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Sensor Mat Small Premium (25 x 25cm) Item Code: MS25772LifeMax Care Alarm - Small Sensor Mat Premium (25 x 25cm)The Lifemax Sensor Mats are available in a choice of sizes and styles.Lifemax alarms may be switched to alert when pressure is applied or relieved, giving each mat a dual use.For simplicity the standard sensor mats are disposable and for additional satisfaction a premium sensor mat is available.These have a different type of padding inside to offer greater comfort for the person whilst still delivering when a change in pressure is detected.Please Note Alarm IS Not Included£18.69 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Sensor Mat Small (24 x 24cm) Item Code: MS25771LifeMax Care Alarm - Small Sensor Mat (24 x 24cm)The Lifemax Sensor Mats are available in a choice of sizes and styles.Lifemax alarms may be switched to alert when pressure is applied or relieved, giving each mat a dual use.For simplicity the standard sensor mats are disposable and for additional satisfaction a premium sensor mat is available.These have a different type of padding inside to offer greater comfort for the person whilst still delivering when a change in pressure is detected.Please Note Alarm IS Not Included£18.19 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Sensor Mat Large Premium (25 x 76cm) Item Code: MS25773LifeMax Care Alarm - Small Sensor Mat Premium (25 x 76cm)The Lifemax Sensor Mats are available in a choice of sizes and styles.Lifemax alarms may be switched to alert when pressure is applied or relieved, giving each mat a dual use.For simplicity the standard sensor mats are disposable and for additional satisfaction a premium sensor mat is available.These have a different type of padding inside to offer greater comfort for the person whilst still delivering when a change in pressure is detected.The premium sensor mat is covered by a 12 month warranty (excludes damage from misuse or soiling).Please Note Alarm IS Not Included£29.09 with VAT Relief
- Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote Control Item Code: MS24891Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote ControlCeilling Motion SensorThe 360° motion sensor detects any motion instantly and activates the alarm.This device can be controlled by the included IR remote control, is battery operated and also includes a mounting bracket.Specifications105dB 4x1.5V C batteries and button cell (not included)Special PriceWas: £19.00Save: £13.01
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Patient Alarm (Suction Cup Braket) Item Code: MS17009£6.49 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Patient Alarm / Voice Alert (Magnetic Pull Cord & Clip) Item Code: MS17010£4.49 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Patient Alarm Item Code: MS17008A simple to use alarm to alert a care giver when someone needs some help when getting out of bed or a chair. A small clip attaches to clothing and as the patient gets up, the clip will disconnect from the main unit and sound the alarm. This great home safety item has a versatile mount that will position the alarm wherever it is most suited. Can be mounted on a bed, wall or wheelchair. Designed with a low battery warning light and a choice of a loud or soft volume tone setting.FeaturesBed or wheelchair alarmMagnetic switch with cord and clip which attaches to clothesAlarms when someone gets up out of a bed, wheelchair or chairLoud or soft volume settings with battery check lightVersatile mounting bracket includedUses 2 x AAA batteries (not included)£20.69 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Sensor Mat Large (25 x 76cm) Item Code: MS17031LifeMax Care Alarm - Large Sensor Mat (25 x 76cm)The Lifemax Sensor Mats are available in a choice of sizes and styles.Lifemax alarms may be switched to alert when pressure is applied or relieved, giving each mat a dual use.For simplicity the standard sensor mats are disposable and for additional satisfaction a premium sensor mat is available.These have a different type of padding inside to offer greater comfort for the person whilst still delivering when a change in pressure is detected. Please Note Alarm IS Not Included£24.89 with VAT Relief
- LifeMax Care Alarm - Voice Alert Alarm Item Code: MS17013FREE ShippingLifeMax Care Alarm - Voice Alert AlarmA loud alarm can be upsetting or disorientating and a reassuring well-known voice is sometimes the prompt someone needs to stay calm and follow instruction. As well as a choice of alarm and flashing light the voice alert uniquely allows you to record a message in a voice familiar to the person. Designed to work with a range of Lifemax sensor mats or the supplied magnetic clip, the Voice Alert can be set up to cover a range of situations. The low battery indicator ensures uninterrupted monitoring while the versatile mount means this alarm can be positioned almost anywhere. The Voice Alert offers universal interconnectivity to existing nursecall systems for remote use in care homes or hospitals.£40.49 with VAT Relief
- Border Patrol Safety Beam Item Code: MS16995Border Patrol Safety BeamAn electronic entrance-monitoring device, which creates an invisible infrared beam between the two units up to 20 metres apart. Alarms when someone moves through the beam. Suitable for care of the elderly, children or petsFeaturesTransmitter and receiver create an infrared beam up to 20 metresAlarms if someone moves through the beamThree volume level settings and alarm tonesTwo distance settingsEasy to align with LED indicator lights on both unitsLow battery warning signalEach unit measures 9.5 x 7 x 2.5cmEach unit uses 1 x 9v battery (not included)£24.99 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section