- The Deluxe Lightweight Self Propelled Aluminium Wheelchair Item Code: PG26226FREE ShippingThis Self-Propelled Lightweight Wheelchair is supplied with a beautifully coloured frame and is a reliable and functional wheelchair that has been designed with active, independent users in mind.Was:From Special Price £249.60 with VAT Relief£268.39Save:£18.79
- The Alu Lite Lightweight Wheelchair Item Code: PG14686FREE ShippingThis Wheelchair is made from aluminium to ensure it is extremely lightweight and strong whilst also being very easy to use and manoeuvre even for an elderly carer.Was:From Special Price £169.95 with VAT Relief£195.95Save:£26.00
- Rehasense Icon 35 Luxury Lightweight Folding Wheelchair Item Code: PG33589FREE ShippingThe luxury model of the Rehasense Icon 35 Folding Lightweight Wheelchair features a padded, ergonomic seat and back.Was:From Special Price £279.95 with VAT Relief£399.95Save:£120.00
- Rehasense Icon 35 Lightweight Folding Wheelchair Item Code: PG33587FREE ShippingThe Rehasense Icon 35 Lightweight Folding Wheelchair is one of the lightest and most compact wheelchairs on the market that is packed with many features to ensure ultimate user comfort.Was:From Special Price £259.95 with VAT Relief£349.95Save:£90.00
- Travelite Folding Wheelchair Item Code: MS21378FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Incredibly portable, the Travelite Folding Wheelchair is perfect for taking on trips to see friends or days out shopping and is suitable for those with low mobility or the people that struggle walking long distances.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £149.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £167.29Save: £17.34Hurry!
Offer ends 05-06-2022
- Swift Self Propelled Lightweight Wheelchair Item Code: MS17324FREE ShippingThe Swift Lightweight Wheelchair is ideal for occasional use, both indoors and outdoors. Fitted with puncture proof front tyres provide the user with security and peace of mind when travelling outdoors.Special Price £179.90 with VAT ReliefWas: £237.29Save: £57.39Hurry!
Offer ends 05-06-2022
- Ultra Lightweight Self Propelled Wheelchair Item Code: MS22912FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Designed with an attractive grey two-tone nylon upholstery with rear pocket for added convenience the Ultra Lightweight Self-Propelled Wheelchair is modern looking and very comfortable.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £299.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £357.69Save: £57.74Hurry!
Offer ends 05-06-2022
- Travel Lightweight Wheelchair Item Code: MS25795FREE ShippingThis highly cost effective lightweight wheelchair is designed to fold quickly and easily for storage or transportation and making it the ideal for chair for those going on holiday or travelling frequently.Special Price £79.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £100.89Save: £20.94Hurry!
Offer ends 05-06-2022Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section