- Half Step Item Code: MS24907Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This lightweight, plastic Half Step has been specially designed to make life easier for those with limited mobility.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £19.95Save: £7.00
- Bigfoot Half Step Item Code: MS27266FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bigfoot Half Step is the perfect outdoor step for those users with limited mobility. The half step is designed to reduce the distance a user must step to get into or out of the house.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £74.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £81.59Save: £6.64
- Derby Half Step Item Code: MS10730FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Derby Half Step has been specially designed to provide the user with a handy step between floor level and a doorstep, making the step into and out of the house much easier and therefore helping to reduce the risk slips or falls.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £74.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £81.99Save: £7.04
- Metal Half Step Item Code: MS20954FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Perfect for use outdoors this Metal Half Step is made from extremely lightweight yet study, non-corroding aluminium and boasts individually adjustable feet to ensure the step is always perfectly level therefore offering a safe and stable platform, even on uneven surfaces.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £69.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £83.39Save: £13.44
- Giant Half Step - Large Item Code: MS29663FREE ShippingThis is the larger of two available Giant Half Steps, a Half Step is the ideal solution for when a step it too high to manage but not high enough to warrant a ramp.Special Price £229.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £265.59Save: £35.64
- Metal Half Step - Large Item Code: MS20953FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This extra wide Metal Half Step features an aluminium construction to ensure it is lightweight yet exceptionally strong.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £92.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £104.99Save: £12.04
- Giant Half Step Handrail - Large Item Code: MS29669FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Giant Half Step Handrail helps provide the user with reliable support to help increase confidence when stepping down off the Giant Half Step.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £119.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £133.99Save: £14.04
- Giant Half Step Handrail - Small Item Code: MS29667FREE ShippingThis 600mm (24") wide Giant Half Step Handrail is designed to fit the Giant Half Step. The Handrail provides the user with a safe and stable support to help increase user confidence when stepping down.Special Price £109.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £118.29Save: £8.34
- Bigfoot Half Step Support Handle Item Code: MS27442Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Bigfoot Half Step Support Handle is designed to quickly and easily attach to the Bigfoot Half Step to provide additional support to the user when using the step.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £32.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £33.99Save: £1.04
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section