Hand & Turning Aids
- Thick Plastazote Foam Tubing Item Code: PD17-11Closed cell foam tubing, available in various sizes to provide a built up handle for easier gripping e.g. cutlery, pens etc. It is non-absorbent, non-sticky, washable and dishwasher safe. Supplied in one metre (39") lengths, it may be cut to size. Exact lengths may vary plus or minus 50mm. External Diameter 31mm (1.1/4")As low as
- Economy Tube Squeezer Item Code: MS16537Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Cheekey - Key Turner - Red Item Code: MS10181Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.CheekeyThe Cheekey provides excellent leverage and increased grip for keys. A clever little device that makes holding and turning a key much easier and also doubles as a ring pull aid, for all the cans that have made life difficult for people with Arthritis and dexterity problems. Fits 99% of keys tested and carries more than two keys. Also assists unattached keys.Red
- Crystal Tap Turner Item Code: MS15240Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This ingenious device clamps around the top of cylindrical tap tops, and provides the leverage to turn them easily. The barrel of the handle is spring loaded to allow the jaws to clamp down on the tap, which is gripped by soft non-slip rubber linings in the jaws. The jaws can also be locked in position. The handle is comfortable and easy to grip.For use with taps up to 60mm (2.1/2") in diameterClosed length 190mm (7.1/2")Weight 112gSupplied IndividuallyExpress Delivery Available£9.79 with VAT Relief
- One Key Turner Item Code: MS11187Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.One Key TurnerThis simple product has curved built in handles for one yale or mortice type door keys providing an easy grip and good leverage for turning. It has a locking lever attached to the brass fittings, to enable the keys to be positioned separately or locked back into the body of the handle. Weight 40g.Express Delivery Available£6.39 with VAT Relief
- Quad Phone Holder Item Code: MS10190£25.89 with VAT Relief
- Derby Tap Turners Item Code: MS11181Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Derby Tap TurnersFits crosshead and crystal taps, making them easier to turn.Hard Wearing - Easily fitted and providing outstanding grip with no tools required.Modern Design - An innovative design to make the operation opf taps easier. These are durable and mulifunctional devices to help users with weak hand strength to operates taps.The design makes the operation of taps easier. The handle has a rubber moulding to give a firm and controllable grip. The Derby Tap Turner is made of plastic, and is therefore rust proof and always warm to touch. The Derby Tap Turners have colour coded handles to clearly identify hot and cold taps. The Derby Tap Turner is an economical alternative to replacing taps. They are easily and quickly fixed to most crosshead and crystal taps without the use of any tools. An internal rubber coating ensures an effective grip with smooth operation and with protection for the tap.The Derby Tap Turners are sold in packs of two, one cold (blue handle) and one hot (red handle) tap turner.Max Tap Diameter: 60mm (2½")Express Delivery Available£16.69 with VAT Relief
- UNI UNIVERSAL TURNER Item Code: MS11189Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Uni Turner is designed to make it easier to turn knobs and switches. The large handle is angled so that either hand can be used to carry out the turning action with minimal discomfort.The hexagonal rods provide excellent grip on most switches that have contours. Made from ABS plastic. Weight 87g.Express Delivery Available£3.19 with VAT Relief
- Thick Plastazote Foam Tubing - 6mm/31mm (Grey) Item Code: MS21444Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- T Turning Handle Item Code: MS10171"T" Turning HandlePerfect for persons with reduced dexterity.Turn just about anything with the "T" Turning Handle. Fits over knobs, keys, faucets and other irregularly shaped handles. The easy-to-grasp, 89mm (3½") "T" shaped handle provides leverage and a secure grip. The steel prongs are embedded in a durable plastic base to secure the object being turned. Fits items up to 32mm (1¼") in diameter.£32.49 with VAT Relief
- Hold On Item Code: MS10182Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Hold OnThe patented Hold On is a handy holder for plastic bags etc; Fits into every pocket, purse or bag and is therefore easy to take anywhere. The Hold On is easily mounted on every kind of plastic bag and by using the Hold On one avoids sore fingers and red marks on you hands from carrying heavy plastic bags. Hold On is made of plastic and has no sharp edges or removable parts. Dishwasher proof. Pack of 2Express Delivery Available£4.89 with VAT Relief
- CONTOUR TURNER Item Code: MS11188Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This device is used to give good leverage for turning small difficult items eg. gas or radiator taps. The head has a bed of sprung stainless steel rods, which when pressed around an object, retract, conform around its shape, and provide a purchase around it when the handle is turned.The handle is a black plastic T-piece, which is easy to grip.It is small enough to be carried around in a pocket or hand bag.Specifications:Head size 95mm (33/4") Wide. 50mm (2") Deep. Weight 130g.Express Delivery Available£17.39 with VAT Relief
- MEDECI TAP TURNERS Item Code: MS11182Designed for strength and versatility, these turners are easy to fit and adjust to suit almost any size of a crystal or crosshead tap. The long, shaped handle offers great leverage and is pivoted for ease of use. A symbol embossed onto the cap of the red turner helps the user to differentiate between the two turners.Supplied as a pairOverall length 200mm (8\")Width 75mm (3\")Height 40mm (1.1/2\")Weight 130g.£7.49 with VAT Relief
- Power Grip Item Code: MS24912
- Two Key Turner Item Code: MS13318Two Key Turner This simple product has curved built in handles for two yale or mortice type door keys providing an easy grip and good leverage for turning. It has a locking lever attached to the brass fittings, to enable the keys to be positioned separately or locked back into the body of the handle. Weight 57g. Colours may very.Special Price £2.60 with VAT ReliefWas: £2.89Save: £0.29
- Universal Grip Turner Item Code: MS17682
- Three Key Turner Item Code: MS10180Three Key TurnerCurved handle fits comfortably in the hand and allows for easy turning.The heavy-duty plastic handle of the Three Key Turner provides extra leverage for easy turning. Ideal for persons with arthritis or a weak grip. Holds three keys. Fold the keys into the handle when not in use. Dimensions:The Three Key Turner measures 12cm (4¾") long,2.2cm (7/8") wide,with a 10cm (4 1/8") circumference.£2.89 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section