- Padded Garden Kneeler Item Code: MS32624Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Padded Garden Kneeler is a 3-in-1 garden tool that offers exceptional value for money and combines a padded kneeler with a comfortable seat and handy tool storage, making it ideal for elderly users, or those with limited mobility.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £24.95Save: £6.00
- Memory Foam Garden Kneeler Item Code: MS30594Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This lightweight Memory Foam Garden Kneeler is the ideal companion for keen gardeners as it has been designed to provide ultimate comfort and protection to the knees when working in the garden.
- Long Handled Garden Trowel Item Code: MS28477FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Long Handled Garden Trowel has been specially designed to make gardening easier for elderly users and those with limited hand strength.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £57.95Save: £6.00
- Long Handled Cultivator Item Code: MS28476FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Long Handled Cultivator has been designed to allow gardeners to work from a seat position and is one in a range of long handled gardening tools for people with restricted dexterity. It features an ergonomic upright handle that is comfortable in the palm and also keeps the user's hand and wrist at a natural angle helping to reduce strain and chance of blisters.
- Long Handled Garden Hoe Item Code: MS28475FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Long Handled Garden Hoe allows the user to easily work from a seated position and is part of a large range of long-handled gardening tools available, a highly unique range of gardening tools that help to make gardening much easier for those with limited hand strength.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £59.95Save: £11.00
- Long Handled Garden Fork Item Code: MS28474FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Long Handled Garden Fork is part of the Ergonomic Grip range of gardening tools, a specially designed collection of tools that makes gardening easier for elderly and disabled users as well as those with limited hand strength.
- Ergonomic Handled Garden Fork Item Code: MS28471Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.From the highly unique Easi-Grip gardening tool range comes this Ergonomic Handled Garden Fork, a tool that is the perfect choice for elderly and disabled users that enjoy gardening.
- Ergonomic Handled Garden Trowel Item Code: MS28470Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Ergonomic Handled Garden Trowel is part of the uniquely designed Easi-Grip gardening tool range that is the ideal choice for elderly and disabled users.
- Ergonomic Handled Garden Cultivator Item Code: MS28469Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Ergonomic Handled Garden Cultivator has been specially designed to make gardening easier and more comfortable for those with limited hand strength.
- Ergonomic Handled Garden Weeder Item Code: MS28468Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Ergonomic Handled Garden Weeder has been uniquely designed to make gardening an easier and more enjoyable experience for those with limited hand strength.
- Garden Kneeler Item Code: MS11783This highly versatile Garden Kneeler combines the functionality of a comfortable knee mat and a truly robust standing aid making it the perfect garden tool for those users with limited mobility.Special Price £20.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £29.95Save: £9.00
- Plant Pot Trolley Item Code: MS29746Plant Pot TrolleyWhen it comes to moving weighty plant pots, planters or tubs there’s a hard way and an easy way.The hard way involves a lot of sweating, struggling and the possibility of straining your back and knees.The easy way is to use this specially designed easy rolling trolley.It’s as simple as 1, 2, 3. One: place the plant pot on the base of the trolley.Two: slide the height-adjustable grabber arms down to grip the edge of the pot securely.Three: tilt the trolley back (only gentle pressure required) and roll.Ideal for shifting large planters and window boxes from their winter storage back into the garden.Also great for moving fuchsias and hydrangeas out of the blazing sun or carrying sacks, boxes and awkward loads.Built to last from powder-coated tubular steel, our trolley is fitted with easy-rolling 19cm wheels, weighs just 3.7kg (8lbs) yet can carry up to 65kg (143lbs) with minimum effort.Suitable for pots 20-75cm (8-29½in) high, it measuresSimple home assemble required.SpecificationsLength 103 (40in)Width 42 (16in)Depth 28cm (11in)
- Expanding Fence Item Code: MS29140Expanding FenceA fence in the garden, a pet gate in the house - this free-standing fencing unit is both.Use this Expanding Fence outdoors as a divider, to provide a little privacy, to screen off unsightly vegetable patches, wheelie bins, composters or to protect newly planted areas.A portable fence you can take inside to act as a useful barrier across doorways or stairs to keep pets in their place.Durably made from solid wood, it can be weather-proofed, varnished or left in its attractive natural state.SpecificationStanding 90cm (3ft) highExpand from 30cm to 190cm (1ft to 6.2ft). The posts are 90cm in height The centre section when in the closed position is 82cm high The centre section when in the open position is 70cm high
- Easy Grip Arm Support Cuff Item Code: MS28473This simple Arm Support Cuff can make a world of difference to your gardening experience. The aluminium rod plugs into the back of any Easi-Grip® garden tool and allows the gardener to use the strength of the forearm for all gardening activity, reducing stress on hand and wrist. Customers are always amazed at what a difference this can make and can bring accessibility to gardening to a wider group. When used with our Add-On Handles this can make some two-handed activities possible using just one hand!Can be fitted to any Easi-Grip® garden tool to allow the strength of the forearm also to be used. Takes weight away from the wrist to make working even easier for those with very weak hands and wristsGives greater comfort and prevents chafing on the armMeans the cuff is interchangeable between tools. Only one needs to be purchased per user.Tool will remain with gardener even if grip is released. Ideal for gardeners with Dementia as a physical reminder of the task at hand.Easy to use.
- Interchangeable Arm Support Cuff Item Code: MS13159Interchangeable Arm Support CuffThis useful aid is designed to assist gardeners who suffer from weak hands or wrists and will plug into any Easi-Grip Tool. The support allows the strength of the forearm to be used. Specially designed to take the strain out of gardening and day to day household duties. THis handy arm support slips easily on to the arm for the support needed.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section