Car Seat Cushions
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery Available£10.99 with VAT Relief
- Heated Memory Foam Lumbar Support Item Code: MS31244Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This Heated Memory Foam Lumbar Support is a highly versatile support that is suitable for use in a variety of chairs and seats including the office, on the sofa or in the car whilst driving.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £59.99Save: £30.05
- 5 Function Massage Cushion with Heat Item Code: MS31242Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This 5 Function Massage Cushion with Heat is a high quality massage therapy aid that has been designed to deliver relaxing heated massage to the areas of the body that need it most.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £71.99Save: £35.04
- Harley Super D Roll Item Code: MS15350Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Kozee Komforts 11° Tweed Wedge Cushion - Charcoal (14x14x3.5") Item Code: MS12478Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The charcoal tweed covered cushion has been designed to assist those who spend long periods sat down. The 11° angle is accepted as producing the optimum sitting position and correct posture and should help in reducing pain in the lower back and legs. This cushion can also be used in a car seat as an infill.Express Delivery Available£18.69 with VAT Relief
- The Original McKenzie Heavy Duty Lumbar Roll - 4" (100mm) Item Code: MS19530Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
The Original McKenzie Heavy Duty Lumbar Roll - 4" (100mm)
- Heated Back & Seat Massager Item Code: MS19335FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Suffering from sore, achy muscles? We have just the answer with our Heated back and seat massager. This heated seat cover will deliver a soothing massage to your upper back, lower back, hips and thighs. Any aches and pains will be relieved and magicked away by the five massage motors which offer a choice of setting – pulse, tapping, auto, kneading and manual. The massager comes with a hand held remote which offers four levels of intensity in applying heat to the lumbar region. You can set the timer function to your own preference and the massager will deliver a satisfying 15, 30 or 60-minute massage. The massager is mains operated from the supplied adapter and there is also a 12v car adapter included so you can use the massager whilst driving in the car- ideal for long distances when aching can become a problem. The massager has multiple uses and users- can be used in the home for those with or without disabilities as the gentle massage action will not only relieve aching muscles but will gently stimulate circulation. Can be used in the car and the office- again helping with circulation as sitting in one position for long period is detrimental- the massager could be just the solution! Features Heated seat cover delivers soothing massage Five massage motors Choice of setting and timing Comes with supplied mains adapter and car adapter
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section