- Uniscan Grand Glider Plus Adjustable Rollator Item Code: PG33798FREE Shipping
The Uniscan Grand Glider Plus Adjustable Rollator is made in Britain and is a highly portable, lightweight Rollator that is designed to support users weighing up to 254 kgs (40 stone) making it the perfect choice for larger users.Special Price £339.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £60.00
- Uniscan Traveller Rollator Item Code: PG33788FREE ShippingThe Uniscan Traveller Rollator is the perfect choice for those wishing to travel long distances by train, plane or boat as it has been specially designed to fold virtually flat for easy storage.Special Price £269.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £130.00
- Uniscan Glider Plus Adjustable Item Code: PG12717FREE Shipping
Available in a range of seat heights the Uniscan Glider Plus Adjustable Rollator is a premium mobility aid that is built to the highest standard and made in Britain.Special Price £249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £150.00
- Uniscan A-Frame Rollator Item Code: PG33760FREE Shipping
The Uniscan A-Frame Rollator is a cleverly designed rollator that is suitable for people that require support when walking but might struggle with a traditional four-wheeled walker.Special Price £209.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £190.00
- Uniscan Triumph Rollator with Seat Item Code: PG12671FREE Shipping
Made in Britain, the Uniscan Triumph Rollator is often referred to as the Rolls Royce of Walking Aids as it is extremely lightweight and easy to manoeuvre and boasts a strong, durable frame.Special Price £249.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £399.95Save: £150.00
- UniScan - Shopping Caddy Bag (Outward Hooks) Item Code: MS16535Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available£20.19 with VAT Relief
- UniScan - Shopping Caddy Bag (Inward Hooks For Cadet) Item Code: MS13663
UniScan - Shopping Caddy Bag (Inward Hooks For Cadet)£20.19 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section