Sure Health & Beauty
- Sure Gel Eye Mask Item Code: MS34515Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Fantastic for refreshing and revitalising tired eyes, the Sure Gel Eye Mask offers instant relief for the delicate eye area.Express Delivery Available£2.19 with VAT Relief
- Disposable Hand Warmers 2pk Item Code: MS34513Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Providing up to 8 hours of gentle warmth, these innovative Disposable Hand Warmers are a must when heading out and about in the cold.
- Adult Drinking Cup Item Code: MS34510Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Designed to support the independent living of individuals with reduced capabilities, the Sure Adult Drinking Cup helps minimise spills and splashes.Express Delivery Available£4.39 with VAT Relief
- Medisure Telescopic Back Scratcher Item Code: MS34509Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Part of the top-rated Medisure mobility range, this Telescopic Back Scratcher is ideal for individuals with mobility issues and reduced capabilities.
- Spiral Ear Cleaner Item Code: MS34508Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Designed and manufactured by Medisure, this high-quality ear cleaner features a unique spiral design to quickly, safely, and comfortably clean the ears.
- Plastic Eye Bath Item Code: MS34506Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
A plastic eye bath is an indispensable addition to the bathroom cabinet, making it quick and easy to refresh the eyes and administer treatments (as recommended by your doctor).
- Folding Magnifier Item Code: MS34505Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
An indispensable tool for adults of all ages with limited vision, this high-quality folding magnifier makes reading even the smallest text a breeze.Express Delivery Available£1.99 with VAT Relief
- Easy Hold Toe Nail Clipper Item Code: MS34454Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Specifically designed for cutting toenails, this Easy Hold Toe Nail Clipper features an easy grip cover to help the user keep a steady hand during use.
- Easy Hold Nail Clipper Item Code: MS34453Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Featuring an easy-to-grip covering, these Easy Hold Nail Clippers will help the user keep a steady hand as they cut their toes or fingernails.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section