- Easi-riser Overbed Table - Wheelchair Base Item Code: MS11130FREE ShippingSidhil’s ‘Easi-Riser’ range of overbed tables are available with both standard and two-piece tilting tops and a choice of bases to suit different environments and patient requirements.Curved, wheelchair base and standard table topHeight adjustable via handle from 74cm to 109cmAttractive and hard wearing magnolia epoxy coatingFire retardant, light oak laminate top with anti-trapping safety feature and useful raised upstandTubular steel sections magnolia epoxy coatedSupplied fully assembled with four swivel castors for ease of movement.SpecificationsHeight: 74 to 109cmWidth: 91cmDepth: 38cmSpecial Price £289.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £313.09Save: £23.10
- Easi-riser Overbed Table - Tilting Top & Wheelchair Base Item Code: MS11132FREE ShippingEasi-riser Overbed Table - Tilting Top & Wheelchair BaseThis version of the Easi-riser has a tilting tabletop and curved base, offering greater benefits to the user. The unique curved base allows the table to be positioned around an armchair or wheelchair.Size of small section 180 x 400mm (7.1/5 x 16")Size of larger tilting section 700 x 400mm (28 x 16")Weight 25kgMaximum total load 30kgMinimum height 72cmMaximum height 110cmPlease note this item will be delivered on a palletSpecial Price £339.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £379.79Save: £39.80
- Easi-riser Overbed Table - Standard Base Item Code: MS11129FREE ShippingThis functional, heavy-duty table is ideal for the healthcare environment, especially for hospitals, nursing and residential care home use. The sturdy, light oak laminated tabletop has a raised upstand to prevent items from rolling or falling off. Height adjustable using the easy to use handle, allowing the table to be adjusted to the required height. Anti-trapping safety feature allows the table to raise automatically as it comes in contact with the user. Supplied with four swivel castors for ease of manoeuvrability.Height adjustable between 720 to 1100mm (29 to 44")Width 930mm (37")Depth 400mm (16")Weight 25kgMaximum total load 30kgSpecial Price £289.99 with VAT ReliefWas: £310.29Save: £20.30
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section