- McKenzie Slimline Lumbar Roll Velour Cover - Black (13.7x6.5x3") Item Code: MS19532Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Medium Density and flatter design "for just that little bit extra": The Original McKenzie Slimline Lumbar Roll is designed to be used with modern seating that has some lumbar support. It is also ideal for elderly or petite persons and those who have a limited range of motion in their low back and therefore cannot tolerate the larger size lumbar roll.
- The Original McKenzie Airback Inflatable Lumber Roll Item Code: MS19533Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- The Original McKenzie Velour Cover Lumbar Roll - Black (10.5x5") Item Code: MS19528Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Effective back and neck pain relief from the experts. No one knows more about alleviating this common complaint than Robin McKenzie. The world-renowned physiotherapist and author has dedicated his working life to developing innovative and effective solutions to neck and back ailments. Currently used by leading physiotherapists worldwide his range of lumbar rolls are the result of 40 years of expertise in successfully treating neck and back problems.This medium density original McKenzie lumbar roll was the first ever lumbar roll made in the world. Although the roll looks quite bulky, it compresses down very easily, whilst giving the appropriate support.Medium DensitySize: 5" (125mm)
- The Original McKenzie D-Shape Roll Item Code: MS19529The Original McKenzie D-Shape RollThe Original McKenzie D-Section Lumbar Roll is made of high density foam and is therefore quite firm. It is recommended for use in soft furnishings such as sofas, lounge chairs etc or for people who require lots of support (heavy-built people, or people with a large hollow in the lower back).Firm Density:
- The Original McKenzie Round Roll - 4" (100mm) Item Code: MS19527
This medium density original McKenzie lumbar roll was the first ever lumbar roll made in the world. Although the roll looks quite bulky, it compresses down very easily, whilst giving the appropriate support.
- The Original McKenzie - Cervical Roll Item Code: MS18415
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section