- Geemarc Marbella phone - Silver Item Code: MS23979Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £17.78Save: £7.80
- Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock Item Code: MS22133FREE ShippingSonic Bomb Alarm ClockProduct Features: Turbo charged extra loud alarm (up to 113 dB)Supercharged bed shakerBuilt-in pulsating alert lightsAdjustable volume and toneExplosive red displayAlarm ring indicatorSnooze button, Alarm off buttonDimmer switchVolume and tone control wheelAC power inputHour, minute button***If you have any problems either with your product or installing problems ..We have a dedicated help line for you to call 01707 384 438***
- Wake N Shake Alarm Clock Item Code: MS22132FREE ShippingWake N Shake Alarm ClockThe ideal alarm clock for the hard of hearing or the visually impaired. This gadget will never let you oversleep again! Product Features:Large LCD displayLarge vibrating shakerExtra bright strobe alarm / telephone indicatorChoose from vibrate/audio/lamp4 Alarm options: Shaker, Flash + alarm, Flash + shaker, Alarm + shakerTelephone ringer amplificationShaker alarm (high/low)Battery back-upAC-adaptor***If you have any problems either with your product or installing problems ..We have a dedicated help line for you to call 01707 384 438***
- Geemarc Marbella phone - Pearl White Item Code: MS23978Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery Available
- Sonic Classic Alarm Item Code: MS22140FREE ShippingSonic Classic AlarmProduct Features: Extra loud vibrating alarm clockAnalogue function with blue backlight displayBuilt-in pulsating alrm lightExtra-loud pulsating audio alarmAdjustable volume and tonePowerful bed shakerAccurate quartz movementBattery backupSnooze buttonVolume and tone controlFlashing light displayBack light Hi/Low dimmer
- Sonic Go Anywhere Shaker Item Code: MS22148Sonic Go Anywhere ShakerProduct Features:Most powerful vibratorEasy-to-set function keysEasy-to-read displayStandard size batteries included (2 AA; 1 AAA)Travel case with pillow clasp includedContinuous four minute snoozeSwivel and flush mounted display protects settingsManually lighted display for up to 50% longer battery life
- Dual Alarm Clock Item Code: MS22150FREE Shipping
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section