- Freerider Mayfair 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter - Red Item Code: MS14776FREE ShippingThe Freerider Mayfair Mobility Scooter is a market leading 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter that is available in two different colours, with this being the red coloured version.Special Price £1,199.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,499.95Save: £300.00
- Freerider Mayfair 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS14774FREE ShippingThe Freerider Mayfair 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter is an excellent all-round mobility scooter, ideal for people looking to get to and from town and travel in and around shops, hospitals and indoors, and is one of the most popular mobility scooters on the market today.Special Price £1,199.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £1,499.95Save: £300.00
- Freerider - Knightsbridge 6 Mobility Scooter Item Code: MS14771FREE ShippingFreerider - knightsbridge 3 Mobility ScooterFreeRider is a renowned mobility scooter brand, providing quality and value for money.NHC Technology, a world-wide supplier and manufacturer of mobility and healthcare products, is pleased to have been awarded the exclusive UK wholesale license for FreeRider mobility scooter products from the Taiwanese manufacturers.Our scooters are manufactured in Taiwan. As the sole UK agents, you can rest assured that by ordering from FreeRider, you are going direct to the source to receive the maximum returns on your scooter sales.£1,676.19 with VAT Relief
- FreeRider Westminster **Used** Item Code: U481193FREE ShippingThe FreeRider Westminster Mobility Scooter is an 8mph road legal model which provides a fantastic ride quality. The FreeRider Westminster electric scooter is fitted with state of the art electronics as well as three independent brakes- for your safety and convenience. The maximum speed can be switched from 8mph to 4mph so that the scooter can be legally used on the pavement. The comfortable seat fitted to the FreeRider Westminster disabled scooter is designed to provide excellent body support. The styling is both stylish and functional. The infinitely adjustable tiller helps you to find the most comfortable driving position.£999.00 with VAT Relief
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section