- Ultra Lightweight Rollator Item Code: MS31128FREE ShippingThis Ultra Lightweight Rollator is ideal for every day, indoor and outdoor use and has been designed to improve confidence and independence in elderly and disabled users.Special Price £239.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £284.59Save: £44.64
- Aluminium Lightweight Rollator - Blue Item Code: MS22440FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This attractive, blue coloured Aluminium Lightweight Rollator is perfect for everyday use and is suitable for use both indoors and outdoors.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £89.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £118.09Save: £28.14
- Uniscan - Cadet Rollator - Blue 19"(Cable Brakes) Item Code: MS12674FREE ShippingUniscan - Cadet Rollator (Cable Brakes) Features This ultra lightweight walker is Uniscans smallest rollator & our lightest. Features folding seat, adjustable handle height and folds for storage. At 23 inches wide the Cadet is two inches narrower than our standard models. If you plan to use the walker indoors, check the width of your doorways to make sure it will fit through. The walker can safely support a massive weight. In practice we find the seat width accommodates people up to about 16 stones (100Kg). Note Walkers can take upto 4 weeks Note these rollators are special order and non returnable£204.99 with VAT Relief
- Uniscan Cadet Rollator Item Code: MS12677FREE ShippingUniscan rollators are manufactured in Britain and are often referred to as the Rolls Royce of rollators as they are built to the highest quality and represent exceptional value for money.Special Price £174.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £204.99Save: £30.04
- Days Deluxe Lightweight Rollator Item Code: MS21833FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Days Deluxe Lightweight Rollator boasts a highly attractive, modern design and is made from aluminium to ensure it is exceptionally lightweight whilst also being very strong.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £99.95 with VAT ReliefWas: £114.95Save: £15.00
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section