- WOBBLETS Item Code: MS10981FREE ShippingWobblets are two independent, 30cm training discs, each with a non-slip surface and a 2.5cm ball attached to the centre of the smooth underside. Each unit can be placed independently and rotate, allowing infinite foot placements and relational angles between the lower extremities. The Wobblets may also be applied to the upper extremities in a kneeling or complete press-up/front support position.Special PriceWas: £97.99Save: £9.80
- Wobble Board - Wooden - 40cm Item Code: MS23242FREE ShippingThere are various types of Wobble Boards - and they are available in different sizes with different levels of difficulties.Size: 40cmMax user weight limit 25stThe wobble board will retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury, preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to sport.Failure to retrain balance after ankle sprains can lead to chronic weakness and recurrent sprains.Special PriceWas: £68.18Save: £6.82
- MOVIN STEP Item Code: MS10391FREE ShippingThe Movin Step is a unique product that can be used in workouts, therapy and rehabilitation. It combines two exercises tools.A dynamic base for exercises that challenge and improve balance co-ordination and an air step for cardio-vascular and strength endurance exercise. The valve allows easy switching from one to the other. Valve closed (vertical position) gives two independent aircushions or valve open (horizontal position) allows airflow between chambers. The valve can be set in any intermediate position for finer adjustment. Remove plug to inflate. Includes a 12 page exercise brochure. Height 7cm. Length 35cm. Width 35cm. Weight 1.5kg.Special PriceWas: £67.09Save: £6.71
- Disc O Sit Air Cushion Item Code: MS10761Special PriceWas: £37.09Save: £3.71
- TRIANGULAR HUB Item Code: MS10986Special PriceWas: £21.79Save: £2.18
- AIREX™ BALANCE BEAM Item Code: MS10984FREE ShippingThe Balance Beam has multi functional therapy applications. Warm and comfortable to touch, the balance beam providesa base for an individual to work toe-to-toe improving lower and upper body stabilisation and co-ordination. Easy to clean, impervious to water, with a sanitised anti bacterial finish.Height 6cmLength 160cmWidth 24cmWeight 0.9kgApplications: Physiotherapy, rehabilitation, neurology, elderly, orthopaedics, group training, and schools.Special PriceWas: £173.59Save: £17.36
- AIREX BALANCE PAD PLUS Item Code: MS10982FREE ShippingAirex Balance Pad PlusThe Balance Pad Plus is designed to help co-ordinate and improve body movements and balanceIn water it can be used as a buoyancy aid and swimming float.The underside has a non-slip backing for added safety.Length Width Thickness Colour Weight 50cm 41cm 60mm Blue 0.7kg Applications:Balance training, mobility training, standing stability training, motor-skill training to maintain balance.Special PriceWas: £102.59Save: £10.26
- Rocker Board Item Code: MS23245FREE ShippingThis is a top quality 50cm wooden rocker board with CORK surface.It would be excellent in any physiotherapy department for anyone who requires regular use of the rocker board.It has a superior cork easily cleanable surface and can help retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury, preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to sport. Failure to retrain balance after ankle sprains can lead to chronic weakness and recurrent sprains.The difference between a Rocker Board and a Wobble Board, is that a Rocker Board will only rock either forwards or backwards, or side to side (depending on how you position the board) The use of a rocker board is useful adjunct to posture improvement and abdominal and trunk strengthening, along with increasing tone in the quadriceps, hamstrings and calf muscles.Anyone who has undergone knee surgery would benefit from proprioceptive re-education, including cartilage and ligament operations as well as anybody with arthritic joints.Size: 50cmThis Rocker Board has a 12 degree tilt.Max user weight 25stSpecial PriceWas: £100.39Save: £10.04
- Wobble Board - Cork - 50cm Item Code: MS23244FREE ShippingThis Balance Board has a 16 degree tilt and is recommended for intermediate to advanced user.Ideal for advanced rehabilitation and sports people and is built to last. Ideally suited for physio departments, sports/rehabilitation centres and home use.This top quality 50cm Balance Board with an easily cleanable PVC surface would be excellent in any physiotherapy department or anyone who requires regular use of the balance board.Special PriceWas: £87.70Save: £8.77
- Wobble Board - Wooden - 50cm Item Code: MS23243FREE ShippingThere are various types of Wobble Boards - and they are available in different sizes with different levels of difficulties.Size: 50cmMax user weight limit: 25stThe wobble board will retrain proprioception (the sense of balance) after injury, preventing further injury and ensuring a speedy return to sport.Failure to retrain balance after ankle sprains can lead to chronic weakness and recurrent sprains.Special PriceWas: £80.59Save: £8.06
- BAPS™ LIMITER Item Code: MS10388FREE ShippingSpecial PriceWas: £69.38Save: £6.94
- Balance Bubble Item Code: MS17979Balance BubbleVinyl cushion improves posture, stability and balance in older adults, rehabilitation of lower extremities and for athletic training. Surface is smooth on one side, while the other side has rounded points for tactile stimulation. The Balance Bubble can be used to improve sensorimotor skills, core strength and stability, ankle flexibility and range of motion. Provides balance and proprioception training. Balance Bubble measures:In diameter 14" (36cm)Supports up to 1000 lbs. (454kg)Latex freeColours may varySpecial PriceWas: £36.49Save: £3.65
- BAPS™ FOOT PAD Item Code: MS10387Special PriceWas: £23.29Save: £2.33
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section