- Brite Box Sunlight Simulator 410D-LUX Item Code: MS10755FREE ShippingChanges in the amount and quality of light during winter months can have a profound effect on a person's physical and emotional well being. Insufficient exposure to light can lead to a wide range of conditions. The clinically recognised condition known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (or the Winter Blues) is one of the best known.Typical symptoms of this condition includeDepressionLethargyAnxietySleeplessnessSocial problemsResearch has shown that between 5 and 10% of the world's population can suffer with severe SAD symptoms and up to 25% suffer with milder symptoms.Light affects the human body in a number of ways includingDetermining the sleeping/waking cycleAffecting levels of melatonin, adrenaline, seratonin and dopamine (which have influence on systems such as moods, emotions, eating and sleeping).Affecting the thyroid gland which in turn affects the metabolismLight treatment has been consistently proven to have a positive effect in aiding the treatment of these conditions.It can also be used to treat other conditions includingClassical depressionPre-menstrual syndromeJet lagThe Brite Box delivers the necessary intensity and quality of light that is crucial for the optimum performance of many of the body's functions. It can also have a significantly positive effect and impact on a person's emotional well being. It is portable, compact and lightweight. It has a lap top style, opening up into two screens, giving greater light output area and control over light direction.It has a durable ABS casing and is easy to carry, transport and store. It is ideal for use in the home or office. The exceptional light quality (6000K) is comfortable on the eye and a built in 30 minute timer prevents any possibility of over exposure.The timer automatically cuts out after 30 minutes. The Brite Box is mains operated. It measures 510 x 300 x 125mm when closed and 510 x 530 x 62mm when open. It weighs only 5kg.The Brite Box meets British and European Safety Standards BS EN 60598-2-4:1998, BS EN 60598-1:2000 and is certified 93/42/EEC Annex V for medical devices. It has no UV emission and is flicker free with electronically controlled lights.Special PriceWas: £486.10Save: £72.91
- LifeLight SAD Therapy Light Item Code: MS29029FREE ShippingLifeLight is a portable SAD Therapy Light that tackles the condition in a simple to use, hassle free way that will not intrude on your everyday life. It’s a small light box that can be set up around the house or at work and will allow you to absorb the benefits without having to set aside time in your schedule to physically just sit directly in front of it. The LifeLight is designed to supplement your daily intake of light in order to achieve the recommended daily dose of 2,500 to 10,000 lux. It employs an LED panel for illumination, which benefits from extended life and reduced power consumption. The LifeLights powerful LED panel emits 10,000 lux (as recommended by SAD.org.uk). Its modern shaping and simple design takes inspiration from the sun. With Industry leading 10 stage dimming and a 4 stage timer, all controlled from three simple buttons, the LifeLight sets itself apart from other SAD Therapy Lamps.Special PriceWas: £77.29Save: £11.59
- ENFRENS LTK 2000 Therapy Station Item Code: MS23897FREE ShippingThe worlds only advanced Multi 4 in 1 Relaxation Therapy Unit. Combines Sound Therapy, Light Therapy, Aromatherapy and Ionisation all in one!Programmable Sound Therapy24 sounds including binaural rhythms, white noise and nature sounds especially designed to enhance concentration, help meditation, reduce stress, improve sleep and relieve depression. Even helps to calm and soothe your unsettled baby!Light TherapyEmits Therapeutic 470nm Blue Light at 5000 LUX. The best light for treating moodiness, irritability, dejection, despondency and Seasonal Affective Disorder SAD.AromatherapyIncorporates a neat integral little Aromatherapy Diffuser.Therapeutic IoniserBuilt in Ion Generator delivers Happy Negative Ions at the rate of over 1000000 ions per cubic centimetre per second!Special PriceWas: £99.00Save: £14.84
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section