- Resistance Exercise Band - 120cm Item Code: MS28651The Resistance Exercise Band can be used in a multitude of ways to help aid rehabilitation after injury/surgery.You can use the band for light exercise to help build muscle strength in your arms, back and legs. Comes with handles to ensure a good grip.Can be used in a multitude of ways to help aid rehabilitation after injury/surgeryUse the band for light exercise to help build muscle strength in your arms, back and legsLength: 120cmComes with handles to ensure a good gripSpecial PriceWas: £6.38Save: £0.96
- Resistance Exercise Band - 60cm Item Code: MS28650Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Resistance Exercise Band can be used in a multitude of ways to help aid rehabilitation after injury/surgery.You can use the band for light exercise to help build muscle strength in your arms, back and legs. Comes with handles to ensure a good grip.Can be used in a multitude of ways to help aid rehabilitation after injury/surgeryUse the band for light exercise to help build muscle strength in your arms, back and legsLength: 60cmComes with handles to ensure a good gripExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £5.09Save: £0.77
- Sissel Fit-Dome Pro Item Code: MS21899FREE ShippingSissel Fit-Dome ProMulti-functional fitness equipmentIdeal for balance,cardio,strengthening and proprioceptive trainingFor a versatile, results-oriented whole-body workoutCan be positioned with the platform up or down for additional balance training optionsPressure adjustable to increase/decrease difficultyfuntional and sport-specific training resourcesIncluding pumpSpecifications:Size: 58 x 62cm, 20cm highColour: redSpecial PriceWas: £118.90Save: £17.83
- Star Shaped Hand Exerciser Item Code: MS25527Keep your hands, wrists and fingers strong and flexible with this set of three star shaped hand exercisers. Manufactured from a soft gel material, they are designed to help improve grip, strength and flexibility for those with arthritis, carpel tunnel or hand injuries. Fun, safe and easy to use, all you need to do is squeeze the star and start feeling the benefits. Set of 3, provides 3 levels of firmness.Special PriceWas: £11.59Save: £1.74
- Excercise Balls Item Code: MS18119Excercise BallsThese therapy balls can be used for adaptive developmental and rehabilitation programs for adults and children. Ideal for exercises involving flexion, extension, equilibrium reactions and postural adjustments. Clean with soapy water or disinfectant. Latex free. These Exercise Balls support up to 100lbs.See below for sizing guidelines.Persons Height - Ball Size1400 to 152cm (55 to 60") - 45cm (17.3/4")1550 to 168cm (61 to 66") - 55cm (21.3/4 ")1700 to 180cm (67 to 71") - 65cm (25.3/4")1830 to 191cm (72 to 75") - 75cm (29.3/4 ")1910 to 203cm (75 to 80") - 85cm (33.3/4 ")80 up (203cm and up) - 950mm (37.3/4 ")Special PriceWas: £38.99Save: £5.84
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section