- PHOENIX WRIST HINGE Item Code: MS10251FREE Shipping-Low profile dynamic wrist extension assist-Used to reduce wrist flexion contractures or when wrist extension is decreased or absent-Allows both active and dynamic wrist flexion or extension-Degree of extension adjusted by altering the length and force of the elastic componentThe kit includes: 100mm aluminium wrist unit, three binding head screws with thumb nuts, ten adjustable nylon fasteners, hex wrench and instructions. Attach to thermoplastic base.Splint base, strapping and elastic components sold separately.
- PHOENIX EXTENDED OUTRIGGER KIT Item Code: MS10250FREE Shipping-Comprises of equipment needed to fabricate a splint for radial nerve palsy-The outrigger is then mounted on a custom-made, low profile dorsal splint -Adjustable pulleys position the wrist and MCP joints in extension, allowing hand functionThe kit includes: wire support, five 76mm pre-tied finger slings, hex wrench, four slotted pulleys, rubber band post and instructions. Splint base, strapping material and thumb rivets sold separately.
- PHOENIX OUTRIGGER KIT Item Code: MS10249FREE Shipping-Comprises of equipment needed to fabricate a dorsal splint that places the MCP's in extension-A slotted pulley system allows precise adjustments to obtain the proper line of pull for each digit-The outriggers can be bonded onto any thermoplastic material baseThe kit includes: dorsal and radial outrigger bars, four 76mm pre-tied finger slings, three 76mm finger slings with grommets, hex wrench, four slotted pulleys, rubber band post and instructions. Splint base, strapping materials and traction component sold separately.
- FOAMWRAP™ FINGER TRAPPERS Item Code: MS10885Use in post-op or dynamic splinting application to provide more comfortable traction than nail hooks. Eyelet allows application of traction lines. Circumferential design assists with oedema control. This splint is breathable, washable and resists migration. One size fits most adult fingers. Pack of 5. Latex free.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section