The Boston Petite Riser Recliner Armchair - Oyster
The Boston Riser Recliner is upholstered in the luxurious and hard wearing Sofia fabric and designed with supreme comfort and ease of use in mind.
- It will rise and tilt users to their feet
- Safety key is built into hand controller
- In built fail safe battery back-up system
- Excellent snooze position
- Soft touch Sofia fabric for added style and comfort
- Quality assured fabric fully complies with UK Furniture and Fire Regulations 1988 and has passed the Martindale test making it very hard wearing
- One motor activates a distinct lift, rest and recline action
- It will rise and tilt users to their feet
- Excellent snooze position for supreme comfort and relaxation
- Quiet motors provide a smooth and discreet operation
- Ergonomically contoured seat and bolstered backrest and padded upholstery for added comfort and support
- Two convenient side pockets for easy storage
- Protective and washable headrest cover
- Safety key is built into hand controller to prevent accidental movement and entrapment
- In built fail safe battery back-up system which enables the chair to be raised and lowered in the event of a power failure*
- Comes with a simple to operate two button handset
- Ideal for individuals who have difficulty standing up and sitting down due to restricted mobility e.g. those with MS, Arthritis, Rheumatism, circulation problems
- Also available in Petite size for proportional fit to people 1.7m (5'6") tall or less
- Available in 3 colour options – Russet, Mushroom and Oyster
- Maximum weight capacity 150kg (21st)
- Single Motor
- Width 76cm (30")
- Height 97cm (38")
- Depth 87cm (34")
- Seat width 47cm (19")
- Seat height 45cm (18")
- Seat depth 48cm (19")
- Maximum User Weight 150kg (21 stone)
|Overall Width (MM)||760.00 (mm)|
|Overall Length (MM)||870.00 (MM)|
|Overall Height (MM)||970.00 (mm)|
|Seat Width (MM)||470.00|
|Seat Depth (MM)||870.00|
|Seat Height (MM)||970.00|
|Max User Weight (Kgs)||150.00|
FREE Delivery (3-7 Working Days) - Order over £30ex VAT to qualify
Economy Delivery (3-7 Working Days) is £1.99 on orders under £10 & £2.99 on order between £10.01 & £29.99ex VAT.
Standard Delivery (2-5 Working Days) is £4.99
Express Delivery (1-2 Working Days) is £8.99
Engineer Delivery Please note when choosing this service you must allow around 7-14 working days for delivery. For more information click here
We endeavour to dispatch all orders received Mon - Fri by 2:30pm the same day.
Note: The charges above cover standard UK addresses, highlands & islands maybe more.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section