Star Riser Recliner - Red
Availability: Out of stock
The Star Riser Recliner features an attractive waterfall back design which is both soft and comfortable for added support.
- Attractive waterfall back design
- Zipped back pillows allow additional foam to be added or removed to suit user comfort references
- Early rise legrest before the chair is fully reclined
- One motor activates a distinct lift, rest and recline action
- It will rise and tilt users to their feet
- Excellent snooze position for supreme comfort and relaxation
- Quiet motors provide a smooth and discreet operation
- Ergonomically contoured seat and back and padded upholstery for added comfort and support
- Fully padded chaise for increased comfort
- Two convenient side pockets for easy storage
- Protective, washable head and armrest covers
- Quality assured, meeting all relevant fire retardancy standards
- In-built fail safe battery back-up system which enables the chair to be raised and lowered in the event of a power failure*
- Comes with a simple to operate handset
- Stitched handset holder to prevent loss or damage to the handset
- Ideal for individuals who have difficulty standing up and sitting down due to restricted mobility e.g. those with MS, Arthritis, Rheumatism, circulation problems
- 2 year warranty on wooden frame and electrical components
- Maximum weight capacity 115kg (18st) *Batteries included
- Single Motor
- Overall Width: 80cm (31")
- Overall Depth: 88cm (34")
- Overall Height: 110cm (43")
- Seat Height: 43cm (17")
- Seat Width: 46cm (18")
- Seat Depth: 43cm (17")
- Max User Weight: 115kgs (18St)
|Overall Width (MM)||800.00 (mm)|
|Overall Length (MM)||880.00 (MM)|
|Overall Height (MM)||1,100.00 (mm)|
|Seat Width (MM)||460.00|
|Seat Depth (MM)||430.00|
|Seat Height (MM)||430.00|
|Max User Weight (Kgs)||115.00|
|Hide Ship Date?||No|
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section