- The Hold It Item Code: MS20041FREE ShippingThe Hold ItFloor standing bookholder, laptop support and writing stand in one.Enjoy either hands-free reading on the sofa or in bed to relieve aching neck, back and hands, or write or use your laptop in an ergonomically approved position sitting down, standing up or lying down.Accommodates almost any size of book, laptop or writing materialCan be angled infinitely so you can read directly above you or sidewaysAccommodates books weighing up to 4kg/ 8 lbsPage holders keep page in placeRead at an angleTurn the page with just one handUse any size of laptop in an appropriate ergonomic positionTray accommodates writing on sheets of A4 paperAdjustable in height up to 140cm / 55”Arm reaches 60cm outwardsEasily portable on it’s sturdy wheeled base.Includes sturdy carry case with handleSpecial Price £322.91 with VAT Relief
Was: £358.79Save: £35.88
- Vida Washable Chair Pads - 50x60cm (Wine) Item Code: MS25697Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Vida Washable Chair Pads - 50x60cm (Wine)This lightweight machine washable and reusable chair pad contains five layers of material that quickly absorbs and locks liquid inside.The top layer keeps the user dry and the lower layer is waterproof to protect the furniture.SpecificationsMeasures 50 x 60cmAbsorbs 1 litreExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.45 with VAT Relief
Was: £9.39Save: £0.94
- Pillow Speaker With 3.5mm Jack Plug Item Code: MS26390Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Pillow Speaker With 3.5mm Jack PlugProduct DescriptionA robust pillow speaker with a 1.8 m mono lead terminating in a 3.5 mm mono jack plug. This compact device slips conveniently under the pillow to listen in privacy to any CD, MP3 player, etc.Brand New, High Quality and Retail Packed.Colour: Ivory/CreamImpedance (Ohms): 8Length: 1.8mConnection Type: MonoExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £5.29Save: £0.53
- Chelsea Grab Bar 18" Item Code: MS26209Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £16.01 with VAT Relief
Was: £17.79Save: £1.78
- Petal Bath Mat - Clear (66x35) Item Code: MS26171Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £6.70Save: £0.67
- Washable Chair/Bed Pad - Light Brown Item Code: MS25478Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Washable Chair/Bed Pad - Light BrownThe Washable Chair or Bed Pad from Aidapt is a more environmentally-friendly option than disposable pads and offers a hygienic and comfortable solution to protect sofas, chairs and beds.The incontinence pad is suitable for men and women; simply place above or below the sheet on bed, or directly onto a chair or sofa.With a smooth, breathable top layer for comfort and a non-slip, waterproof backing, it can be washed and re-used up to 300 times and the special stay-dry fabric in the three-layer constuction will ensure that you feel more comfortable for longer. For total convenience, you can machine wash the chair pad at up to 90 degrees C and it can be line or tumble dried.Please note: We do not recommend the use fabric conditioners when washing, as they can affect the absorbency of the pad.FeaturesHygienic protection for sofas, chairs and bedsSoft, breathable top layer with a non-slip, waterproof backingSpecial stay-dry fabric for longer-lasting dryness and comfortA more eco-friendly option than disposable padsMachine-washable for total convenienceSpecificationsAbsorption (ml) 800 Depth (mm) 470 Height (mm) 10 Net weight (kg) 0.22 Number in Pack 1 Product Dimensions (mm) 10x590x470 Width (mm) 590 Colour Light BrownExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £6.92 with VAT Relief
Was: £7.69Save: £0.77
- Automatic LED Night Light (PK2) Item Code: MS13320Automatic LED Night LightA night light for any room. New LED technology lasts for over 30,000 hours with low power consumption. Light sensor control switches on/off automatically.Turns on at dusk and off at dawn automaticallyEmits bright and warm lightModern designEconomical and long life LED technology which generates almost no heatFor use in the bedroom or any other room where background light is neededFits into normal UK 3 pin square plug socket230v-240v/0.5wMeasures 6 x 10 x 2cm (when plugged in)Two LED lights in one pack
- Bed Support With Straps Item Code: MS26607FREE ShippingBed Support With StrapsThe bed support Provides additional support for people when transfering on and off there bed. This bed support provides the necessary support to assist users getting in and out of bed or to aid getting into position.SpecificationsRobust instantly height adjustable Bed Support RailIncorporates steel tube, dip-coated with Duradip® toughInstant 2 position clip fit system for ease of assemblyHandle can be adjusted in height by e-clipsWeight: 6lbs (3kg)Base width: 14" (35cm)Base length: 24" (61cm)Handle width: 9" (23cm)Handle height: 6 - 18" (14 - 46cm)Max user weight: 22stone (140kg)Special PriceWas: £64.90Save: £6.49
- Washable Chair/Bed Pad - Blue Item Code: MS25479Washable Chair/Bed Pad - BlueThe Washable Chair or Bed Pad from Aidapt is a more environmentally-friendly option than disposable pads and offers a hygienic and comfortable solution to protect sofas, chairs and beds.The incontinence pad is suitable for men and women; simply place above or below the sheet on bed, or directly onto a chair or sofa.With a smooth, breathable top layer for comfort and a non-slip, waterproof backing, it can be washed and re-used up to 300 times and the special stay-dry fabric in the three-layer constuction will ensure that you feel more comfortable for longer. For total convenience, you can machine wash the chair pad at up to 90 degrees C and it can be line or tumble dried.Please note: We do not recommend the use fabric conditioners when washing, as they can affect the absorbency of the pad.FeaturesHygienic protection for sofas, chairs and bedsSoft, breathable top layer with a non-slip, waterproof backingSpecial stay-dry fabric for longer-lasting dryness and comfortA more eco-friendly option than disposable padsMachine-washable for total convenienceSpecificationsAbsorption (ml) 800 Depth (mm) 470 Height (mm) 10 Net weight (kg) 0.22 Number in Pack 1 Product Dimensions (mm) 10x590x470 Width (mm) 590 Colour BlueSpecial PriceWas: £7.99Save: £0.80
- Long Handled Comb & Brush Set Item Code: MS24330Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Featuring extra-long, ergonomically-shaped handles with a comfortable rubber grip, this lightweight set includes a comb with plastic teeth and soft bristle brush and is suitable for men or women. The Long-Handled Brush and Comb Set is ideal for users with limited arm or shoulder movement, allowing greater independence for those who may require assistance using a standard brush or comb to style their hair.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.98 with VAT Relief
Was: £9.98Save: £1.00
- Solo Bed Transfer Aid Item Code: MS19667Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Solo Bed Transfer Aid assists transfer into and out of one side of the bed, without affecting other occupants. The hand grip sits above the bed and can be adjusted in height to suit, while the base frame is large enough to provide stability. The hand grip has been developed to MHRA guidelines. Details127kg (20 stone) weight limitHeight adjustable grip with safety railLarge base for improved stabilityHigh quality easy to clean epoxy resin finish7 height adjustment settingsSpecificationColour: WhiteWeight: 3.00 kgWidth: 600 mmDepth: 680 mmMinimum Height: 580 mmMaximum Height: 700 mmHandle Width: 325 mmExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £26.36 with VAT Relief
Was: £29.29Save: £2.93
- Mobility Smart Super Light Folding Commode Item Code: MS12261FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.FeaturesThis extremely lightweight, sturdy steel commode folds easily for storage or transportation.It has a comfortable armrests and a backrest for added comfort.The commodes 5 litre pan, with lid and handle, is mounted on a steel frame beneath the grey plastic seat.The back of the frame forms a backrest when in use and a handle when folded.DimensionsSeat Width - 38cm (15")Seat Depth - 38cm (15")Seat Height - 44cm (17.5")Back Height - 31cm (12.25")Armrest Height - 20cm (8")Overall Width - 53cm (21")Overall Depth - 52cm (20.5")Overall Height - 79cm (31")Width between arms - 42cm (16.5")Folded Width - 53cm (21")Folded Depth - 16.5cm (6.5")Folded Height - 77cm (30.5")SpecificationsTotal Weight - 4.9KgsMax User Weight - 115Kgs (18 Stone)Chassis Type - SteelFlip Up Armrests - NoRemoveable Armrests - NoUpholstery - N/APadded Back Rest - NoBowl Supplied - YesBowl Capacity - 5LtHandle On Bowl - YesLid Supplied for Bowl - YesWarranty - 12 MonthsManual Supplied - YesAssembly Required - NoExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £37.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £41.66Save: £4.17
- Good Ideas - Naturecare Sounds Machine Item Code: MS25277Good Ideas - Naturecare Sounds MachineNaturecare Sounds MachineRelax naturally to the sounds of natureRelax to the sounds of heart beat, sea waves, rippling brook or birds, and let the stresses of the day just drift away.Relaxation sounds for stress relief and meditation.Simply switch on your chosen sound and turn off the stress for 30 blissful minutes!Can help to promote a good night’s sleep, aid meditation – even use in the office to tune out disturbing noise to help you concentrate.Digitally recorded microchip will never wear out!Runs on 4 x AA batteries or optional mains adaptorSpecial PriceWas: £22.69Save: £2.27
- Good Ideas - Dust Mite Controller Item Code: MS25283Good Ideas - Dust Mite ControllerNew electronic solution to dust mite allergies!Clinically proven to reduce both dust mites and their allergiesNo more sneezing, coughing or asthma symptoms.Just plug in and get 24 hour protection.The Electronic Dust Mite Controller produces inaudible 40,000 hertz sound waves that cover an area of 62 m³.These ultrasound waves have been proven in independent clinical trials to reduce the symptoms of asthma, coughing, sneezing and congestion caused by dust mites and their allergens by interfering with their breeding and feeding cycles.Simply plug into any 240v socket and leave in an unobstructed position near your bed, chair or sofa.Inaudible and harmless to humans and petsSpecial PriceWas: £16.49Save: £1.64
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section