- PhoneEasy Display Telephone Item Code:MS19346FREE ShippingPhoneEasy Display TelephoneThis corded telephone has big button keys and an easy to read display with large characters. The extra loud ringer signal and handset volume can be easily adjusted and it benefits from caller ID and a phonebook. A speakerphone allows the user to talk hands-free and it can be used as a desktop or wall-mounted telephone. Hearing Aid compatible.Special PriceWas: £68.29Save: £10.25
- Hearplus 313C Amplified Telephone Item Code:MS19345FREE ShippingHearplus 313C Amplified TelephoneAmplified receiver volume and tone control together with an enhanced ring volume make this phone well suited to support people with hearing difficulties. It has a phonebook storing 32 names and numbers and a speakerphone allows you to talk hands-free with the simple press of a button. It fulfills the highest requirements for hearing aid compatibility and has 3 one touch memory buttonsSpecial PriceWas: £93.70Save: £14.05
- Good Ideas - Ear Cleaner (PK2) Item Code:MS25470Ear hygiene / ear cleaning has taken a major step forward. Out go cotton buds - they can cause infection and push wax further into the ear - in comes this clever CE approved Ear Cleaner. Using gentle suction it clears out wax and dirt without poking and prodding and risking ear damage. The 4 silicone tips are soft and easily washable for regular ear wax removal. The freestanding Ear Cleaner comes with a filter, special cleaning brush. Requires 2 x AA batteries (not supplied). Click here to purchase your AA batteries.Remove earwax and impurities safelyTraditional cotton buds are renowned for being dangerous and unhygienic; they can cause ear infections and sometime even affect your hearing.The CE approved suction Ear Cleaner is the perfect solution.Complete with three washable silicon tips, a filter and a cleaning brush, use it time and time again.Always available on its base in the bathroom.Requires 2 x AA batteries (not supplied )Special PriceWas: £12.29Save: £1.85
- Mini Rechargeable Digital Hearing Aid Item Code:MS11787FREE ShippingDigital aids process sound up to 90 percent faster than traditional analogue models. The digitalised sound is separated into bands by the tiny microchip in the aid and automatically adjusts to produce undistorted, clear sound. This also provides better accuracy and perception of loudness. Similar Digital Aids sell for £400 - £1,500! This incredibly powerful micro-listening device fits discreetly in your ear - instantly magnifying all sounds to your preferred level with adjustable volume control.The slim line carry case doubles as a charging station with LED charging indicators for ease of use and complete portability. Once fully charged the mini digital aid can be used for 8 hours continuously. Auto shut off turns the power off when the case is closed, ensuring the unit is never unwillingly left on. The Slim Line Mini Digital Aid comes complete with cleaning brush, 3 x ear caps and rechargeable docking station, complete with carry case (2 x AA batteries and mains adaptor included).Designed to fit in either earSupplied with 3 ear caps for different ear shapesReduces background noiseClear sound reception with easy to adjust Volume and on/off controlsRecharges in the special cradle from a single AA battery or from the mainsUp to 12 hours use when fully chargedFully approved medical device to CE 0434 standardSupplied with rechargeable battery, 2 x AA battery and mains adapterSpecial PriceWas: £141.10Save: £21.17
- Magic Ear Item Code:MS11206
Special PriceWas: £12.10Save: £1.81
- The Magic Ear micro technology is very advanced.
- The built in microphone is extremely sensitive and there is a volume control so that the user can adjust it to suit all situations.
- Extremely effective, the Magic Ear fits unobtrusively behind the ear itself.
- Comes fitted with a 1.5V battery.
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section