- Bed Support With Straps Item Code:MS26607FREE ShippingBed Support With StrapsThe bed support Provides additional support for people when transfering on and off there bed. This bed support provides the necessary support to assist users getting in and out of bed or to aid getting into position.SpecificationsRobust instantly height adjustable Bed Support RailIncorporates steel tube, dip-coated with Duradip® toughInstant 2 position clip fit system for ease of assemblyHandle can be adjusted in height by e-clipsWeight: 6lbs (3kg)Base width: 14" (35cm)Base length: 24" (61cm)Handle width: 9" (23cm)Handle height: 6 - 18" (14 - 46cm)Max user weight: 22stone (140kg)Special PriceWas: £64.90Save: £9.73
- Washable Chair/Bed Pad - Light Brown Item Code:MS25478Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Washable Chair/Bed Pad - Light BrownThe Washable Chair or Bed Pad from Aidapt is a more environmentally-friendly option than disposable pads and offers a hygienic and comfortable solution to protect sofas, chairs and beds.The incontinence pad is suitable for men and women; simply place above or below the sheet on bed, or directly onto a chair or sofa.With a smooth, breathable top layer for comfort and a non-slip, waterproof backing, it can be washed and re-used up to 300 times and the special stay-dry fabric in the three-layer constuction will ensure that you feel more comfortable for longer. For total convenience, you can machine wash the chair pad at up to 90 degrees C and it can be line or tumble dried.Please note: We do not recommend the use fabric conditioners when washing, as they can affect the absorbency of the pad.FeaturesHygienic protection for sofas, chairs and bedsSoft, breathable top layer with a non-slip, waterproof backingSpecial stay-dry fabric for longer-lasting dryness and comfortA more eco-friendly option than disposable padsMachine-washable for total convenienceSpecificationsAbsorption (ml) 800 Depth (mm) 470 Height (mm) 10 Net weight (kg) 0.22 Number in Pack 1 Product Dimensions (mm) 10x590x470 Width (mm) 590 Colour Light BrownExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £6.54 with VAT Relief
Was: £7.69Save: £1.15
- Snoring Nose Clip Item Code:MS24122When you sleep the mouth and throat muscles relax. Sometimes the tongue drops and the vibration of the uvula during the breathing cycle translates to snoring. Expand the nose clip, place clip inside the nostril. Push clip confortably into place making sure it is inserted properly and sleep peacefully. The magnets inside the nose clip help open the nasal passage which helps prevent snoring!Special PriceWas: £4.00Save: £0.60Sold Out
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section