Reading & Writing
- Gimble Book Holder Item Code:MS16932Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.90Save: £1.19
- Economy Lighted Magnifier Item Code:MS16625Economy Lighted MagnifierThe magnifier has a glass lens mounted in a frame with plastic handle is ideal for using in the low light that makes reading in difficult. Multiple 3 x magnification. It will rest on the page to give a clear bright image. Batteries not includedDimensions:Length:25cmWeight:295gLens:110mmSpecial PriceWas: £11.50Save: £1.73
- Handheld Magnifier with Light Item Code:MS25484Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Handheld Magnifier with LightA handy Magnifying Glass with a single internal light for general reading, hobbies, craftwork, maps, etc. The handheld magnifying glass with light is ideal for the car or situations where light is limited.FeaturesSmall and lightweightMagnifier with lightIdeal for use in the carRequires 1xCR2016 battery (supplied)SpecificationsLength (mm): 150Net weight (kg): 0.38Product Dimensions (mm): 150x65Width (mm): 65Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £3.79Save: £0.56
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK24) Item Code:MS16946Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £3.90 with VAT Relief
Was: £4.59Save: £0.69
- The Hold It Item Code:MS20041FREE ShippingThe Hold ItFloor standing bookholder, laptop support and writing stand in one.Enjoy either hands-free reading on the sofa or in bed to relieve aching neck, back and hands, or write or use your laptop in an ergonomically approved position sitting down, standing up or lying down.Accommodates almost any size of book, laptop or writing materialCan be angled infinitely so you can read directly above you or sidewaysAccommodates books weighing up to 4kg/ 8 lbsPage holders keep page in placeRead at an angleTurn the page with just one handUse any size of laptop in an appropriate ergonomic positionTray accommodates writing on sheets of A4 paperAdjustable in height up to 140cm / 55”Arm reaches 60cm outwardsEasily portable on it’s sturdy wheeled base.Includes sturdy carry case with handleSpecial Price £304.97 with VAT Relief
Was: £358.79Save: £53.82
- FOLDING BOOK AND MAGAZINE STAND Item Code:MS11209Special PriceWas: £24.59Save: £3.68
- Grab On Pen & Pencil Grips (PK144) Item Code:MS16947Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £11.55 with VAT Relief
Was: £13.59Save: £2.04
- Booklift Copyholder Item Code:MS11211Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Booklift CopyholderThis easel-style book holder has nine height adjustments,which enables an individual to read from any size book at various viewing angles. Two adjustable clips hold reading materials open and in place. It folds flat for storage and portability.Measures 300 x 240 x 45mm (113/4 x 93/4 x 13/8") with a 38mm (11/2") lip when open.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £22.90Save: £3.43
- Soft Pencil Grip - Large Item Code:MS16945FREE ShippingSpecial Price £46.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £54.69Save: £8.20
- Stylus Booklight Item Code:MS20039Special PriceWas: £24.70Save: £3.71
- ReadEzy Bookrest Item Code:MS20040Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.ReadEzy BookrestThis clever device makes reading so easy leaving your hands free whilst minimising neck strain.Holds paperback and hardback books, colour magazines, A4 documents and even a Yellow Pages (accommodates books up to 1.25”/30cm thick)Adjustable angle to accommodate your most comfortable viewing positionFoldable for easy transport and storageUse at home - perhaps in the kitchen to rest your cookery bookIn the office - leaving your hands free to typeIdeal for students studying for long periodsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £5.99Save: £0.90
- Magnifying Bookmark Item Code:MS16925Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £3.49Save: £0.53
- Folding Rectangular Magnifier Item Code:MS16609Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £11.69Save: £1.75
- Credit Card Magnifier Item Code:MS16926Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £3.49Save: £0.53
- Good Ideas - Clip-on Magnifiers Item Code:MS25462Good Ideas - Clip-on MagnifiersClip-on Magnifying GlassesTurn your spectacles into powerful magnifiers when you clip on these 3x magnifying lenses.Perfect for enlarging the print of telephone directories, train timetables, computer printouts and all small printed matter.Ideal for reading and writing at home and at work.Simply clip on to the frame of your glasses - flip down when needed - up when not.Fits all specs.Special PriceWas: £6.70Save: £1.01
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section