- Food Workstation Item Code:MS22548FREE ShippingThis is designed to give independence, convenience and assistance with day to day kitchen tasks. It is ideal for those who have difficulty in gripping or have only one hand available. The clamp can grip all sorts of food, bowls, jars or bottles and is easy to operate; the stainless steel spikes hold bread, fruit or vegetables in place for peeling or slicing; the brush allows one handed cleaning of fruit & vegetables; the grater & slicing box can be mounted on the board; high corner guards prevent the bread from moving when being buttered. Four non-slip suction cups prevent the board from moving on wet surfaces.Food WorkstationBoard Size: 500x300x35mmOverall Height: 145mmWeight: 1.7kgSpecial Price £38.16 with VAT Relief
Was: £44.89Save: £6.73
- Bread Spreading Board Item Code:MS12786Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Bread Spreading BoardThis hygenic, white plastic, bread-spreading board holds your bread in place for applying a variety of spreads. It has six non-slip rubber feet on the underside to retain the spreader in place without arking the table or worktop.This cleverly designed spreading board enables you to apply the spread using one hand.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £10.28Save: £1.55
- Measuring Jug Item Code:MS25694Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £7.69Save: £1.15
- OXO Good Grips - Pizza Wheel For Non-Stick Pans Item Code:MS14209Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.OXO Good Grips - Pizza Wheel For Non-Stick PansOXO’s newest Pizza Wheel features a clear plastic wheel that won’t damage your non-stick pizza pan. The edge of the wheel is tapered so it slices as well as a metal blade, even through thick crusts and heaps of toppings. And the slick surface of the plastic wheel is less likely to have cheese stick to it. The plastic wheel is safer than a metal one, and a thumb guard and soft grip further protect your hand.Features and Benefits4” plastic wheel is safe for non-stick pizza pansWheel has tapered edge for effective cutting even through toppings and thick crustsSlick surface is less likely to have cheese stick to itThumb guard and soft grip protect your handDishwasher SafeNot recommended for use in microwaveExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £9.10Save: £1.37
- Ultimate Ceramic Knife Set Item Code:MS25282Ultimate Ceramic Knife SetCeramic Knives, cut anything with easeThese revolutionary Ceramic Knives have exceptionally sharp blades making cutting extremely quick, clean and accurate.Lighter than a classic knife they are easy to handle and the ergonomic handles provide excellent grip.The blades are made from ceramic which is well known for its high resistance to wear.Not suitable for Dishwashers.Set consists of 4 knives:3” Paring Knife4” Utility Knife5” Utility Knife6” Chef KnifeSpecial PriceWas: £23.78Save: £3.56
- Good Ideas - Anti Burn Kevlar Gloves Item Code:MS25262Good Ideas - Anti Burn Kevlar GlovesThese remarkable burn proof gloves, originally developed for fire fighters are suitable to use as oven gloves, removing hot items from cookers, grills and microwaves.Also excellent for moving hot coals on barbecues and bonfires.These one size fits all gloves are soft, flexible, hand washable and are tested to British Standards.SpecificationsOne size fits allHand wash onlyOuter: 90% Nomex, 10% KevlarLining: 100% CottonSpecial PriceWas: £12.79Save: £1.92
- 4-in-1 Multi Opener Item Code:MS249134-in-1 Multi OpenerFeatures The Multi Opener is the perfect tool for opening bottle tops, jars, drinks cans, ring pulls and screw tops.The soft ring grips most screw tops securely allowing user to lever the cap loose, while breaking the seal at the same time.The hook end slides under the ring pull to easily lift open whilst the claw opener releases jar lids with ease.The Multi Opener can also be used as a regular bottle opener.Specifications:Size: 13.5cmWeight: 44gColour: Blue / WhiteSpecial PriceWas: £2.59Save: £0.38
- Power Grip Item Code:MS24912Special PriceWas: £3.70Save: £0.55
- OXO Good Grips - 1 Pastry Brush Item Code:MS14297
The updated OXO GOOD GRIPS Pastry Brushes have more natural boar bristles that pick up and hold even more glaze, egg wash or sauce than before. And now the Brush heads are angled to keep them elevated and prevent drips on the countertop. The 1.5" wide Brush lets you quickly and evenly baste a large surface, the 1" wide Brush allows for precision where needed, and both Brushes feature a soft, comfortable handle.Special PriceWas: £5.78Save: £0.86
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section