We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Patient Handling & Care
Items 1-40 of 356
- Patient Hand Block Item Code:MS22630Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.These Patient Hand Blocks enable patients to move himself (or herself) in the bed by “lengthening” their arms. They increase the patient’s feeling of self esteem and reduce the amount of manual handling needed from the nurse or carer.The Hand Block is well designed with a broad, comfortable hand grip and can be used singly or in pairs or in conjunction with sliding and moving equipment. They are helpful for any patient with upper body strength and especially for paraplegics and lower limb amputees.Extremely light but very strong and impact resistant.DimensionsHeight: 10.5cm (4”)Weight: 260gm (8oz)Base Length: 22cm (8.½”)Base Width: 11cm (4¼”)Handle Circumference: 12cm (4.¾”)Maximum User Weight: 126kg (20st)Note: Sold individuallyExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £15.46 with VAT Relief
Was: £18.19Save: £2.73
- Transfer Belt Item Code:MS10846Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer BeltThis belt assists nursing personnel to lift patients from beds, chairs or wheelchairs enabling them to move a short distance. The belt covers the patients hips and is secured by the velcro strap.FeaturesThis economy Transfer Belt is ideal for short distance transfers.Four webbed handle grips provide safety when transferring.The belt is adjusted and buckled round the patients waist, enabling the carer to reach the handles.DimensionsPad Size: 14 x 74cm (5.1/2 x 29")Velcro Strap Length: 74cm (29")Weight: 205g.Will fit waist sizes: 71-102cm (28-40")Max user weight: 95kgsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.68 with VAT Relief
Was: £11.39Save: £1.71
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code:MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.34 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.99Save: £1.65
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code:MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.74 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.99Save: £2.25
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Memory Foam Item Code:MS23928FREE ShippingThe Memory foam Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.The extra 1" of memory foam creates an added layer of soft comfort and support. The memory foam molds to your body's contours, reducing pressure and increasing comfort.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeSpecial Price £59.66 with VAT Relief
Was: £70.19Save: £10.53
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code:MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £22.69 with VAT Relief
Was: £26.69Save: £4.00
- Webbing Jacobs Ladder Item Code:MS12639Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Webbing Jacobs LadderThis webbing jacobs ladder is strong yet very lightweight. There are loops at the loose ends to fit over the bed legs. It is used by the patient to pull themselves into a sitting position.The contrasting colours (black body and red rungs) make it easily visible and distinguishable.Maximum user weight 20stoneExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £9.59Save: £1.44
- Shine Smooth Fabric Cover Turning Ring Cushion - Navy (16x4") Item Code:MS16531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Provides easy rotation in 360°Donut Shape form cushion fits the hip to reduce the pressure when sitting. Distributes weight evenly and help maintain the correct pose when sitting. Includes a washable cover and non slip sheetExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £19.20 with VAT Relief
Was: £22.59Save: £3.39
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code:MS10834Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £14.87 with VAT Relief
Was: £17.49Save: £2.62
- Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote Control Item Code:MS24891Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Ceiling Motion Alarm With Remote ControlCeilling Motion SensorThe 360° motion sensor detects any motion instantly and activates the alarm.This device can be controlled by the included IR remote control, is battery operated and also includes a mounting bracket.Specifications105dB 4x1.5V C batteries and button cell (not included)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £19.00Save: £13.01
- Friends And Family Home Safety Alert Pro Item Code:MS29875FREE ShippingThis simple to use pendant alarm system has a rechargeable pager and can be paired with up to 45 pendants (2 supplied), offering huge scalability. From small care homes and hospital wards to larger care facilities, this simple wireless solution can be tailored to suit your exact needs.The pager has a built-in rechargeable battery and is supplied with a USB charging dock. The pager also has a 2 x 2.8cm LCD display coupled with 4 alarm volumes, which notifies the carer which button has been activated. Calls can be cleared from the pendant once answered.Offering a range of up to 100 metres the Safety Alert Pro has completely wireless operation and required minimal installation. This system is the epitome of simplicity and functionality.Special Price £56.18 with VAT Relief
Was: £66.09Save: £9.91
- Backfriend CarryCase Item Code:MS28812Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £23.20Save: £3.48
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red (150 x 70cm) Item Code:MS25908Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 59 x 27.5" (150 x 70cm)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £13.93 with VAT Relief
Was: £16.39Save: £2.46
- Leg Lifter With Stirrup Loop Item Code:MS10858Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.52 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.49Save: £0.97
- Kozee Komforts Easy Turn Cushion - Black (14x1.5") Item Code:MS12634FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This turntable is made all the more comfortable by the 1" thick high density foam cushion.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £30.34 with VAT Relief
Was: £35.69Save: £5.35
- Molift Quick Raiser 1 Patient Stand Aid With V-Shaped Arm Item Code:MS30132FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Molift Quick Raiser 1 Patient Stand Aid With V-Shaped Arm Compact design and excellent manoeuvrability even in narrow spacesCompact and easyBy virtue of its compact design and low weight, Molift Quick Raiser 1 is stable and easy to manoeuvre. The unique wheel position and near perfect weight distribution of the base provides a small turning radius with easy manoeuvrability even in narrow spaces.Natural pattern of movementThe inclined straight column imitates the natural pattern of movement and fulfils the hoisting needs of users with some degree of weight bearing capacity. Molift Quick Raiser 1 has a safe working load of 160 kg (352 lbs.) The extra low base, 7 cm (2.8”), and narrow front, 34 cm (13.5”), fits well around toilets and under most beds, chairs and wheelchairs. Extra low baseExtra low base with narrow front for easy access. Multiple adjustable knee padsThe knee pads are height adjustable and can be turned around for better fitting and to give alternative support for the legs. Battery indicatorAll Molift hoists have an integrated battery indicator that provides audio and visual notification. All Molift hoists are equipped with an environmentally friendly NiMH-battery. Unique wheel positioningThe lightweight construction combined with the unique wheel positioning, provides exceptional maneuverability. Power-save FunctionThe electronics has a power-save function which makes the system go into sleep-mode after a period with no activity Safty FeaturesNumerous safety features are standard, including emergency stop, overload protection, electrical and mechanical emergency lowering. Standard Item Model Includes Chassis Column Knee Support V Shaped Arm Specifications Service Software - Included Material - Aluminium, Steel Maximum User Weight - 160Kg (353lbs) Total Weight - 29Kg (64lbs) Length - 955mm (37.6") Leg Height - 70mm (2.8") Chassis Width - 610mm (24") Battery - NiMH 14.4V - 2.2 Ah Battery Charge Time - 3 Hours Hoisting Speed - 5cm/sec at 75Kg (2"/sec at 165 lbs) Rated Performance - 40 hoists at 75Kg and 50cm (165 lbs and 19.5")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £1,999.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £2,511.59Save: £511.60
- Turn Easy Sheet - Fitted Single (200 x 90cm) Item Code:MS26839FREE ShippingTurn Easy Sheet - Fitted Single (200 x 90cm) Satin (Full At Foot End) The action of turning in bed can sometimes be difficult but with the help of this new FITTED SHEET with a centre panel of low friction satin, things are different. Getting in and out of bed is also easier. The sides and foot end are made of good quality material to help you from slipping off the edge of the bed and give a certain amount of grip to aid movement. For the less able, there is an optional draw sheet. It has a satin underside and remains in place for the patient to lie on. The two low friction surfaces working together enable a CARER to turn/roll or move the patient up or down the bed. This is accomplished without handling them, thereby facilitating anti-pressure practice where regular turning is required, the long (2 metre) draw sheet can be firmly tucked in ready for the next move. It has been found that because the system is permanently in place there is no searching for a slide sheet, or worse, doing without altogether.Using these sheets is as compliant with tissue viability requirements as it is with moving and handling procedure. Both products are made in our factory in the UK and are fully hot washable.They are found to be very useful, not only in hospitals and nursing homes, but also in domestic situations.The ease of turning takes the strain off the carer’s back.Size: 200 x 90cmSatin: Full At Foot EndSpecial Price £44.45 with VAT Relief
Was: £52.29Save: £7.84
- Invacare Universal Standard Sling - X Large (Polyester) Item Code:MS24557FREE ShippingSupports the whole body; including the shoulders. This sling should only be used for those who have good head control. The Universal Standard sling is often preferred as an all-round sling for the elderly, as it supports the entire body and gives the client a feeling of comfort as well as an unobstructed view. This sling can be used for seated to seated transfers and is easy to apply. This model also has a stiffened fabric in the back section, to ensure optimal weight distribution and comfort for the client.Made from Solid Polyester a standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.X Large Size (Note: Also available in Small, Medium, Large & X Large)Dimension A: 1240mmDimension B: 1250mmDimension C: 585mmDimension D: 710mmNote: Max user weight is 200KgsSpecial Price £76.41 with VAT Relief
Was: £89.89Save: £13.48
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code:MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £24.90 with VAT Relief
Was: £29.29Save: £4.39
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Safty Raiser Strap + (S/M) Item Code:MS30127FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £71.48 with VAT Relief
Was: £84.09Save: £12.61
- Invacare Birdie & Jasmine Patient Hoist (Weighing Scale) Item Code:MS29495FREE ShippingSpecial Price £608.42 with VAT Relief
Was: £715.79Save: £107.37
- EasyLife Fleece Cover Turning Cushion - White (15x2") Item Code:MS27978Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This specially designed Deluxe Revolving Car Seat provides invaluable help when getting in and out of your car. The fleece covered foam padded seat is mounted on a ball-bearing turntable that allows comfortable rotation of your body through 90 degrees. The 38cm (15”) cushion has a removable fleece cover that is fully washable and made of fire retardant material. Max weight 100kg.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £14.27 with VAT Relief
Was: £16.79Save: £2.52
- Panda Transfer Board Curved Item Code:MS27935Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 66cm (26")Width 35m (13.75")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £41.59Save: £6.24
- Wireless Video Door Phone Item Code:MS27908FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Long gone are the days of peeking through the net curtains to see who's at the door. The Lifemax Wireless Video Door Phone is the convenient way to clearly see who is calling - day and night. The compact receiver shows full colour so you can clearly recognise your visitor. You can even speak to your caller whilst you are on the way to let them in, perfect for those who are less mobile or who take a little extra time to get to the door.The clever water resistant doorbell will take pictures of your last 20 visitors so you know who has called while you were out. With a considerable wireless operation range of up to 450 feet (137 metres) the rechargeable receiver will work in all rooms in your home and even in the garden. Simply rest this in the recharging cradle -just like your conventional cordless phone, and use to see your caller at the door.The Lifemax Wireless Video Door Phone runs a 2.4Ghz digital system that gives a clear video picture on a large 2.4" colour flat screen. It comes with everything you need to mount on the wall outside and the recharging dock for the receiver. With built-in night vision the video camera will work both day and night and is also supplied with a fixing bracket.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £152.09Save: £22.81
- Bedside Safety Mat Folding Item Code:MS23200FREE ShippingThe casaflex foam folding safety floor mat has been designed to provide added security for those at risk of falling or stumbling from bed.SpecificationsLength - 1980mmWidth - 900mmDepth - 150mmWeight - 3.5 kilosFoam Specification - CME24HHMattress Cover InfoPU coated fabricWaterproof nylonSewn seamsFire retardancy BS7177:1996 medium hazardSpecial Price £88.65 with VAT Relief
Was: £104.29Save: £15.64
- The Hipshield - Male XL (Triple Kit) Item Code:MS11855FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Reducing the risk of hip fractures in the elderly, or for post operative care. The Hipshield can help to prevent a fall becoming an injury and is designed to absorb and deflect impact away from the hipbone. The Hipshield itself is discreet and comfortable to wear and inside the protector is a lightweight honeycomb structure that compresses on impact. The Hipshield just slips into a pair of protector pants and is unobtrusive beneath skirts or trousers.Pants are available in two styles, male and female, in six sizes based on waist measurement. Made of 95% cotton, each pair has internal pockets that you simply 'slip? the Hip protector into before putting on the garment.Suitable for day or nightwear the Hipshield is available in single or triple packs.The triple pack contains three knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The single pack contains one knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The perfect solution, one pair to wear, one in the wash and one spare!WashingThe Hipshield protectors should be hand washed with warm soapy water and be left to dry. This normally takes around 10 minutes. The Undergarments may be washed by hand or in a washing machine at 60 or less.Male - Waist sizeSmall: 760 - 810mm (30 - 32")Medium: 830 - 890mm (33 - 35")Large: 910 - 960mm (36 - 38")X-Large: 990 - 1040mm 39 - 41")XX-Large: 1060 - 1120mm (42 - 44")XXX-Large: 1110 - 1160mm (44 - 46")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £45.98 with VAT Relief
Was: £54.09Save: £8.11
- The Fall-Safe Hip Impact Protection System (3PK) Item Code:PG144-10FREE ShippingThe Hip Fall-Safe Hip Impact ProtectionExcellent, low-cost hip protection with 24-hour comfortOur bestselling pack - It includes everything you need to protect your hips. 3 pairs of our specially designed pants, and 1 set of our Fall-Safe Hip Protectors.FeaturesFall-Safe® protection has been developed by Hip Impact Protection Ltd. which uses a new material – D3O® that typically offers superior protection compared to other forms with similar physical properties. It is very flexible and is here provided in a special shape to fit comfortably over the trochanter, with clever internal contouring to minimise contact with the skin, which remains at a comfortable temperature thanks to the air holes providing ventilation. With a thickness of only 13mm, it is unnoticeable under most clothing.Because HIP's Fall-Safe protectors are easily removed or inserted in a few seconds, it is only necessary for the user to own 1 pair of protectors with 3 pairs of underpants. This makes the package much more economic than if a pair of pads is sewn into each pair of underpants. Obviously, pants or protectors can be ordered separately. The pants are provided in Female, Male and optionally, Unisex, versions. Incontinence versions can also be supplied.SpecificationsWomen's waist sizes S = 24" - 28" M = 29" - 34" L = 35" - 40" XL = 41" - 46" XXL = 47" - 52" Men's waist sizes S = 28" - 32" M = 33" - 36" L = 37" - 40" XL = 41" - 46" XXL = 47" - 52" More InfomationHIP's Fall-Safe® protectors use a new technology developed by D30 Lab, solution providers for shock absorption and impact protection, who have combined enhanced chemistry as a tactile polymer, with intelligent geometry and product engineering to maximise the potential of the material to meet this requirement. D30 is a patented technology comprising a polymer composite, chemically engineered to function as an energy absorber. Their unique solution has shaped and formed the geometry of the material to focus energy dispersion in critical areas for maximum shock absorption and protection.Non-ToxicFall-Safe® hip protectors are certified as non-toxic according to the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100. They are classified as Class III products that do not come into direct contact with the skin, or only have a small part of their surface in contact with the skin. Up until the introduction of the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 there was neither a reliable product label for consumers to asses the human ecological quality of textiles nor a uniform safety standard for companies within the textile and clothing industry which enabled a practical assessment of potential harmful substances in textile products.As low as £51.76 with VAT Relief
- Short Transfer Board Item Code:MS10833Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Short Transfer BoardThese transfer boards are made from top quality birch plywood.They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers.The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 24" X 8 1/2" (600mm X 215mm)Weight: 1230gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £12.49 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.69Save: £2.20
- Side Wedges - Additional Pair Of Bed Wedges Item Code:MS21399Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £28.38 with VAT Relief
Was: £33.39Save: £5.01
- Handling Sling Item Code:MS10848FREE ShippingThis new & improved Handling Sling is exclusive to NRS. Designed to extend the carers reach in a variety of moving & handling procedures where trunk support is required. Dual purpose handles & fleeced fabric allows flexibility & carer comfort.Machine washable up to 70 Deg61cm x 23cm (24 x 9")Length Inc Handles 115cm (45")Special PriceWas: £72.19Save: £10.82
- Wrist Emergency Alarm Item Code:MS17679Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Wrist Emergency AlarmProduct Description:Designed for any age. Press top button on the tough plastic housing to activate a loud 130dB alarm to alert a carer or someone in the vicinity. Press the underside button to reset the alarm. Supplied with a one size wrist strap with Velcro fasteners. Convenient, unobtrusive for all older users and popular with visually impaired users. Batteries included and fitted.Dimensions:Width 1.1/2"Length 2"Depth 1/2"Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £11.89Save: £1.79
- Transfer Turntable Item Code:MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £10.96 with VAT Relief
Was: £12.89Save: £1.93
- Shine Fleece Cover Swivel Cushion - White (16x2") Item Code:MS16530Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Helps turning when getting in or out of car, wheelchair or bed, has a washable soft fleece top cover.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.10 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.29Save: £3.19
- Secure Turn Patient Turner Item Code:MS12883FREE ShippingSecure Turn Patient Turner This patient turner is ideal for transferring individuals where mobility is restricted between beds, chairs & wheelchairs. Features a secure locking device which is hand operated to enable the carer to rotate at any desired position whilst controlling the turn speed at the same time. Stable & easily manoeuvred, the high tensile steel unit is fitted with two rubber castors for easy portability.DimensionsWidth between arms: 43cm (17")Height to patient handles: 76cm (30")Height to carer handles: 99cm (39")Width: 66cm (26")Depth: 68cm (27")Disc Diameter: 45cm (18")Weight: 17KgsMax Use: 190kgs (30St)Note: This item is special order please allow 7-14 working days for delivery.Special Price £276.07 with VAT Relief
Was: £324.79Save: £48.72
- Mobility Smart Leg Lifter - Rigid Item Code:MS11730Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £3.22 with VAT Relief
Was: £3.79Save: £0.57
- Banana Transfer Board - 73 x 34.5 x 1cm Item Code:MS14455FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Quintal Banana Board has been used in the manual handling of patients for many years.Its boomerang shape allows side to side transfers in both unassisted and assisted seated transfers.The Quintal Banana Board is NOT designed for lifting but is designed to be used for seated patient transfers across gaps no wider than the inside of the anti-slip pads. The boards have a single hand hold to assist with both positioning and transport and they provide low friction movement and offer independence in individual use.Length 730mm (28 ").Width 250mm (9 ")Max user weight 19stExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £79.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £110.39Save: £30.40
- Auto Dial Panic Alarm Item Code:MS16973FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Auto Dial Panic AlarmA great safety product for the disabled or elderly living alone and concerned about falling. The panic alarm is a small pendant. In an emergency the user presses the button and the main unit dials for help. If the fist number is busy or on voice mail it will dial the next pre-programmed number. The user can record their own “help-me” message and 3 telephone numbers can be programmed (neighbour, son or friend for example). When answers hands free two-way conversation is possible. FeaturesMain unit receives panic signal from the remote pendant and auto dials up to 3 numbersEasy set up and recording of your own “help-me” message.Two-way hands free voice communicationRange between panic button and main unit is 50 metres (in open area)Low battery warning signalThe main unit is powered by a 6v adaptor (included) or 4 x AAA batteries for back-up (batteries not included).Complies to all UK standardsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £62.04 with VAT Relief
Was: £72.99Save: £10.95
- STM Transfer Belt - Medium Item Code:MS29358FREE ShippingStrong padded patient transfer belt, with sucure webbing handles and loops designed to fit Steiss STM 360 turning aid. Ideal to provide support for the patient standing in upright position during patient transfers. manufactured in durable polyester fabric nonslip internal suface. Complete with adjustable clasps to accommodate different girths.Size: Medium 750 - 1000mmSpecial Price £132.59 with VAT Relief
Was: £155.99Save: £23.40
- Invacare Universal Standard Sling - Medium (Polyester) Item Code:MS24555FREE ShippingSupports the whole body; including the shoulders. This sling should only be used for those who have good head control. The Universal Standard sling is often preferred as an all-round sling for the elderly, as it supports the entire body and gives the client a feeling of comfort as well as an unobstructed view. This sling can be used for seated to seated transfers and is easy to apply. This model also has a stiffened fabric in the back section, to ensure optimal weight distribution and comfort for the client.Made from Solid Polyester a standard material that is easy to apply – slides smoothly and dries quickly after washing.Medium Size (Note: Also available in Small, Medium, Large & X Large)Dimension A: 1090mmDimension B: 1050mmDimension C: 560mmDimension D: 480mmNote: Max user weight is 40 - 90KgsSpecial Price £64.25 with VAT Relief
Was: £75.59Save: £11.34
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section