We have carefully selected what we see as the most effective products that make both the life of the carer and the patient much easier and more dignified. From a full range of bathing hoists, guide sheets, hoists and patient handling kits and much more we have developed our range utilising the feedback we have received over the years as to the common problems encountered, and then we have matched our sourcing of the best patient handling products to enable the best possible care.
Patient Handling & Care
Items 1-40 of 353
- Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist (Detachable Battery) Item Code: MS23500FREE ShippingNow providing patients with care, safety and dignity is much easier with the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist, this unit allows for easy patient lifting and handling with intuitive and sensitive controls that alleviate potential strains and injury when patients need lifting or moving in confined spaces. This robust hoist will easily lift right up to 150kg and although a little smaller than the Birdie Folding Electric Hoist, which lifts up to 170kg, this hoist is both extremely well built and will give superb performance even in high frequency daily demand requirements. For standard lifting requirements, i.e. when lifting from the patients’ bed to chair, or for other requirements, including floor lifting the boom arm is extremely strong and allows for highly accurate lifting with a 360° range of movement, that allows for comfort for the user, as well as the operator. When the Invacare Compact Birdie Patient Hoist needs to be moved, it folds to a compact footprint so transporting the unit is easy and not requiring any major dismantling or additional tools. With health and safety high on the agenda in the professional care environment, this hoist performs superbly on all levels. The innovative hoist design reduces the risk of injury as the patient’s knees are not close to the actuator, rotation is also easy with the high boom arm and ergonomic design.Features: Allows for easy and safe lifting, with great comfort Simple operation, reduces risk of strain or injury Foldable, portable, moves with ease Robustly manufactured for daily intensive use Rotate the patient 360° with ease and comfort Up to 40 full lifts between battery charges Suitable right up to 150KG users Comes with full manufacturer’s warranty Specification Max. overall length (base): 1000mm (39½") Max. spreader bar Height: 1585mm (62½") Min. spreader bar Height: 515mm (20½") Internal Width, legs open: 890mm (35") External Width, Legs closed: 530mm (20") Turning Circle: 1070mm (42") Ground Clearance: 100mm (4") Max User Weight: 150kg (23½st) Total weight 36KgSpecial Price £629.95 with VAT Relief
Was: £999.99Save: £370.04
- Patient Hand Block Item Code: MS22630Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.These Patient Hand Blocks enable patients to move himself (or herself) in the bed by “lengthening” their arms. They increase the patient’s feeling of self esteem and reduce the amount of manual handling needed from the nurse or carer.The Hand Block is well designed with a broad, comfortable hand grip and can be used singly or in pairs or in conjunction with sliding and moving equipment. They are helpful for any patient with upper body strength and especially for paraplegics and lower limb amputees.Extremely light but very strong and impact resistant.DimensionsHeight: 10.5cm (4”)Weight: 260gm (8oz)Base Length: 22cm (8.½”)Base Width: 11cm (4¼”)Handle Circumference: 12cm (4.¾”)Maximum User Weight: 126kg (20st)Note: Sold individuallyExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £14.55 with VAT Relief
Was: £18.19Save: £3.64
- Aidapt Revolving Car Cushion - Black (16x1") Item Code: MS17090Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
These specially designed swivel seats provide invaluable help in getting you in and out of your car by allowing rotation of your body through 90º. The soft, lightweight model is extra thin for occasional use, and is non-rigid.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.79 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.99Save: £2.20
- Long Transfer Board With Handholes Item Code: MS10834Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer Board With HandholesThese transfer boards with hand holes are made from top quality 15mm birch plywood. They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers. The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 30" X 8.1/2" (765mm X 215mm)Weight: 1610gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £13.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £17.49Save: £3.50
- The Hipshield - Female (Triple Kit) Item Code: PD11854Reducing the risk of hip fractures in the elderly, or for post operative care. The Hipshield can help to prevent a fall becoming an injury and is designed to absorb and deflect impact away from the hipbone. The Hipshield itself is discreet and comfortable to wear and inside the protector is a lightweight honeycomb structure that compresses on impact. The Hipshield just slips into a pair of protector pants and is unobtrusive beneath skirts or trousers.Made of 95% cotton, each pair has internal pockets that you simply 'slip? the Hip protector into before putting on the garment. Suitable for day or nightwear Note: The triple kit contains three knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors its the perfect solution, one pair to wear, one in the wash and one spare!Washing - The Hipshield protectors should be hand washed with warm soapy water and be left to dry. This normally takes around 10 minutes. The Undergarments may be washed by hand or in a washing machine at 60 or less.Female - Waist size Small 660-710mm (26-28") Medium 710-760mm (28-30") Large 760-800mm (30-32") X-Large 810-860mm (32-34") XX-Large 860-910mm (34-36") XXX-Large 910-960mm (36-38")As low as £14.95 with VAT Relief
- The Hipshield - Male Medium (Triple Kit) Item Code: MS11863FREE ShippingReducing the risk of hip fractures in the elderly, or for post operative care. The Hipshield can help to prevent a fall becoming an injury and is designed to absorb and deflect impact away from the hipbone. The Hipshield itself is discreet and comfortable to wear and inside the protector is a lightweight honeycomb structure that compresses on impact. The Hipshield just slips into a pair of protector pants and is unobtrusive beneath skirts or trousers.Pants are available in two styles, male and female, in six sizes based on waist measurement. Made of 95% cotton, each pair has internal pockets that you simply 'slip? the Hip protector into before putting on the garment.Suitable for day or nightwear the Hipshield is available in single or triple packs.The triple pack contains three knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The single pack contains one knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The perfect solution, one pair to wear, one in the wash and one spare!WashingThe Hipshield protectors should be hand washed with warm soapy water and be left to dry. This normally takes around 10 minutes. The Undergarments may be washed by hand or in a washing machine at 60 or less.Male - Waist sizeSmall: 760 - 810mm (30 - 32")Medium: 830 - 890mm (33 - 35")Large: 910 - 960mm (36 - 38")X-Large: 990 - 1040mm 39 - 41")XX-Large: 1060 - 1120mm (42 - 44")XXX-Large: 1110 - 1160mm (44 - 46")Special Price £48.07 with VAT Relief
Was: £60.09Save: £12.02
- Webbing Jacobs Ladder Item Code: MS12639Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Webbing Jacobs LadderThis webbing jacobs ladder is strong yet very lightweight. There are loops at the loose ends to fit over the bed legs. It is used by the patient to pull themselves into a sitting position.The contrasting colours (black body and red rungs) make it easily visible and distinguishable.Maximum user weight 20stoneExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £8.31 with VAT Relief
Was: £10.39Save: £2.08
- Bed Wedge Cushion Item Code: MS23036Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support and is ideal for use in a bed or flat surface. Constructed from a high density polyurethane foam, the Bed Wedge Cushion is stable and supportive and features a removable, washable cover. Features The Bed Wedge Cushion has been designed to provide upright or reclining support Is ideal for use in a bed or a flat surface. Provides upright or reclining support High density foam for support and comfort Ideal for use in bed or flat surfaces Removable cover for washingExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £21.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £26.69Save: £5.34
- Secure Turn Patient Turner Item Code: MS12883FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Secure Turn Patient Turner This patient turner is ideal for transferring individuals where mobility is restricted between beds, chairs & wheelchairs. Features a secure locking device which is hand operated to enable the carer to rotate at any desired position whilst controlling the turn speed at the same time. Stable & easily manoeuvred, the high tensile steel unit is fitted with two rubber castors for easy portability.DimensionsWidth between arms: 43cm (17")Height to patient handles: 76cm (30")Height to carer handles: 99cm (39")Width: 66cm (26")Depth: 68cm (27")Disc Diameter: 45cm (18")Weight: 17KgsMax Use: 190kgs (30St)Note: This item is special order please allow 7-14 working days for delivery.Express Delivery Available£324.79 with VAT Relief
- Mobility Smart Leg Lifter - Rigid Item Code: MS11730Special Price £3.03 with VAT Relief
Was: £3.79Save: £0.76
- Shine Smooth Fabric Cover Turning Ring Cushion - Navy (16x4") Item Code: MS16531Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Provides easy rotation in 360°Donut Shape form cushion fits the hip to reduce the pressure when sitting. Distributes weight evenly and help maintain the correct pose when sitting. Includes a washable cover and non slip sheetExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £18.07 with VAT Relief
Was: £22.59Save: £4.52
- Thigh Lifter Item Code: MS11731Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £7.43 with VAT Relief
Was: £9.29Save: £1.86
- Leg Lifter With Stirrup Loop Item Code: MS10858Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £5.19 with VAT Relief
Was: £6.49Save: £1.30
- The Hipshield - Male XL (Triple Kit) Item Code: MS11855FREE ShippingReducing the risk of hip fractures in the elderly, or for post operative care. The Hipshield can help to prevent a fall becoming an injury and is designed to absorb and deflect impact away from the hipbone. The Hipshield itself is discreet and comfortable to wear and inside the protector is a lightweight honeycomb structure that compresses on impact. The Hipshield just slips into a pair of protector pants and is unobtrusive beneath skirts or trousers.Pants are available in two styles, male and female, in six sizes based on waist measurement. Made of 95% cotton, each pair has internal pockets that you simply 'slip? the Hip protector into before putting on the garment.Suitable for day or nightwear the Hipshield is available in single or triple packs.The triple pack contains three knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The single pack contains one knickers/pants plus two Hip protectors.The perfect solution, one pair to wear, one in the wash and one spare!WashingThe Hipshield protectors should be hand washed with warm soapy water and be left to dry. This normally takes around 10 minutes. The Undergarments may be washed by hand or in a washing machine at 60 or less.Male - Waist sizeSmall: 760 - 810mm (30 - 32")Medium: 830 - 890mm (33 - 35")Large: 910 - 960mm (36 - 38")X-Large: 990 - 1040mm 39 - 41")XX-Large: 1060 - 1120mm (42 - 44")XXX-Large: 1110 - 1160mm (44 - 46")Special Price £48.07 with VAT Relief
Was: £60.09Save: £12.02
- Panda Transfer Board Curved Item Code: MS27935This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 66cm (26")Width 35m (13.75")Special PriceWas: £44.80Save: £8.96
- MANUAL HANDLING KIT BAG Item Code: MS10845Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £30.29Save: £6.06
- Able Assist Adjustable Transfer Aid Item Code: MS26896FREE ShippingThe Able Assist Adjustable Transfer Aid provides a safe and easy solution for a carer wishing to transfer a client. The Able Assist enables users to participate in transfers, improving muscle tone. The folding Able Assist is ideal for transferring users from room to room increasing the user’s independence, and can be folded away for easy storage when not in use. Specifications Folding for easy storage and transportation Manoeuvrable and light to use Aluminium robust frame Maximum user weight limit of 185 Kg Lenth: 82cm Height: 106cm Open Width: 53cm Knee Pad Width: 39cm Knee Pad Height: 26cm Knee Pad Height From Base Plate: 25 - 49cm Handle Height (From Base): 90cm Seat Height (From Floor): 62cm Chassis Length: 87cm Chassis Width (Front): 52cm Chassis Width (back): 50cm£1,422.29 with VAT Relief
- EasyLife Fleece Cover Turning Cushion - White (15x2") Item Code: MS27978Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This specially designed Deluxe Revolving Car Seat provides invaluable help when getting in and out of your car. The fleece covered foam padded seat is mounted on a ball-bearing turntable that allows comfortable rotation of your body through 90 degrees. The 38cm (15”) cushion has a removable fleece cover that is fully washable and made of fire retardant material. Max weight 100kg.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £13.43 with VAT Relief
Was: £16.79Save: £3.36
- Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red (150 x 70cm) Item Code: MS25908Economy Tubular Slide Sheet - Red Our range of slide sheets offer outstanding value for money. Since sliding (as distinct from lifting) is intrinsically safer and easier for the carer, slide sheets are being used more frequently. Slide sheets are fabric tubes with a high slip inner surface and a low slip outer surface. They facilitate the moving of patients in three basic ways without the need to lift i.e. turning a prone patient, sitting a patient up in bed, and moving a patient on or off a bed or trolley. Slide sheets are available in simple sheet or padded quilt formats to cover the widest range of situations. All the slide sheets are machine washable.Size: 59 x 27.5" (150 x 70cm)Special Price £13.11 with VAT Relief
Was: £16.39Save: £3.28
- Z-Tec Velour Cover Turning Cushion - Grey (15x2") Item Code: MS17225Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
This foam padded grey cushion is ideal for assisting with seated transfers. Recommended for use in cars & general chairs.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £11.99 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.99Save: £3.00
- Transfer Turntable Item Code: MS16534Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
Strong and lightweight turntable provides easy rotation. Swivels 360° for smooth and easy moving in any direction.
It enables the transfer of a person safely by helper from chair to bed or car etc to avoid backstrain.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £10.31 with VAT Relief
Was: £12.89Save: £2.58
- Curved Transfer Board Item Code: MS11128FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Homecraft Curved Transfer Board is designed to enable people with limited strength and mobility to assist with functional transfers. The board is ideal for car, bed, chair and toilet transfers, facilitating independence with safety. The arc shape not only enables a variety of positioning options, but also allows for the natural sweeping pattern of an assisted transfer. For increased stability and security the Homecraft Curved Transfer Board has two non-slip pads on the base of the board. Wipes clean easily for infection control purposes.Length: 71cm (27.5")Width: 37cm (14.5")Weight: 1.95kgExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £30.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £37.69Save: £7.54
- Panda Transfer Board 24" Item Code: MS27933Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This sturdy board is made of Bamboo giving a very strong and durable transfer board. The short, manageable nature of this transfer board make it ideal for lots of those day to day functional transfer situations such as bed to chair, wheelchair to commode and wheelchair to car transfers. The top of the transfer board is varnished to facilitate a friction free transfer, reducing strain on the carer and eliminating the need to lift patients.Length 61cm (24")Width 21m (8.25")Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £17.27 with VAT Relief
Was: £21.59Save: £4.32
- Deluxe Patient Handling Sling Item Code: MS23476Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The unique, acclaimed product for moving or adjusting a patient’s position. Since its introduction in 1982, this Sling has been purchased by every Health Authority and NHS Trust in the UK and in many overseas countries.It is a simple, very cost effective product which can be used in almost every nursing and caring situation to help prevent back injuries to nurses and carers.The Sling lengthens the reach of the carer, enables them to get a better grip, to pull the patient closer to them and makes it easier to work in a more upright position.It is particularly useful when used in conjunction with sliding boards, sliding sheets, transfer boards, turning discs etc...It is patient friendly, durable and well proven.DimensionsLength: 51cm (20”)Width: 20.5cm (8”)Thickness: 3mm (1/8”)Weight: 400gm (14oz)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £16.39 with VAT Relief
Was: £20.49Save: £4.10
- Auto Dial Panic Alarm Item Code: MS16973FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Auto Dial Panic AlarmA great safety product for the disabled or elderly living alone and concerned about falling. The panic alarm is a small pendant. In an emergency the user presses the button and the main unit dials for help. If the fist number is busy or on voice mail it will dial the next pre-programmed number. The user can record their own “help-me” message and 3 telephone numbers can be programmed (neighbour, son or friend for example). When answers hands free two-way conversation is possible. FeaturesMain unit receives panic signal from the remote pendant and auto dials up to 3 numbersEasy set up and recording of your own “help-me” message.Two-way hands free voice communicationRange between panic button and main unit is 50 metres (in open area)Low battery warning signalThe main unit is powered by a 6v adaptor (included) or 4 x AAA batteries for back-up (batteries not included).Complies to all UK standardsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £58.39 with VAT Relief
Was: £72.99Save: £14.60
- Wireless Driveway Monitor With Doorbell Item Code: MS27907Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Your order contains an item that will be despatched directly from our supplier, so only standard delivery is available. Turn your doorbell into a security device with our Wireless Driveway Monitor with Doorbell. The water resistant PIR can be placed up to 120m from the base unit and detects movement up to 7m away – ideal for monitoring driveways or back gardens. The sleek bell-push offers all the functions of a normal doorbell, again with a 120m range.FeaturesThe receiver offers both visual and audio alarms with a choice of two volumes or silent mode. The main unit can be powered by battery or optional adapter, with the PIR and bell push being powered by battery. Batteries are supplied for the bell-push only.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £36.59Save: £7.32
- Poz 'In' Form Pressure Relief Heel Cushion - Grey (19x12x4.75") Item Code: MS24541This cushion contributes to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel area tolow-risk zones (calves and knees). The heel is completely off the mattress and the weight of the lower leg is distributed evenly across the cushion. It holds the ankles in proper position and leads to a better blood circulation. Its size allows pressure relief on the Achilles’ heel.Special Price £18.63 with VAT Relief
Was: £23.29Save: £4.66
- Short Transfer Board Item Code: MS10833Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Short Transfer BoardThese transfer boards are made from top quality birch plywood.They are used to transfer patients between wheelchair and car, bed or easy chair, without the need to lift, hence reducing the irsks of strains etc to carers.The ends of the boards are tapered to allow them to slide under the patient, and the top is lacquered to facilitate easy movement.Size 24" X 8 1/2" (600mm X 215mm)Weight: 1230gCapacity: 25 stone (160kg)Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £11.75 with VAT Relief
Was: £14.69Save: £2.94
- Molift Raiser Transfer Platform - Raiser Belt (S/M) Item Code: MS30129FREE ShippingMolift Raiser Transfer Platform - Raiser Belt (S/M) Raiser Belt facilitates the work of caregivers who assist users up to a standing position. The belt can easily be placed around the buttocks or the waist depending on what best suits the user and the situation. Raiser Belt is stable and sits securely in place when it is fastened, which minimises the risk of the belt slipping down when the user leans forward. Supplier Part number - 82964Special Price £81.91 with VAT Relief
Was: £102.39Save: £20.48
- Friends And Family Home Safety Alert Pro Item Code: MS29875FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This simple to use pendant alarm system has a rechargeable pager and can be paired with up to 45 pendants (2 supplied), offering huge scalability. From small care homes and hospital wards to larger care facilities, this simple wireless solution can be tailored to suit your exact needs.The pager has a built-in rechargeable battery and is supplied with a USB charging dock. The pager also has a 2 x 2.8cm LCD display coupled with 4 alarm volumes, which notifies the carer which button has been activated. Calls can be cleared from the pendant once answered.Offering a range of up to 100 metres the Safety Alert Pro has completely wireless operation and required minimal installation. This system is the epitome of simplicity and functionality.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £52.87 with VAT Relief
Was: £66.09Save: £13.22
- S.U.P.A Wide Slide Sheet - Box 100 Item Code: MS25952FREE ShippingThe S.U.P.A SLiDE standard is designed for multi-use with the same patient and to be disposed of when soiled or no longer required by that patient. The S.U.P.A SLIDE is provided on a roll of a hundred sheets, in a box that acts as a dispenser, ready to use, in pairs, one on top of the other, or singly, by simply folding in half to form a tube.Over the last 10 years, slide sheets have become invaluable for repositioning a patient in bed without the need to lift, significantly reducing the risk of back injuries in staff carrying out patient handling tasks.With the increasing incidence of MRSA, CDIF, and emphasis on infection control, as well as issues relating to laundering and ownership of slide sheets, Select Healthcare has developed the ultimate slide sheet -the S.U.P.A SLIDE.Low price eachExtreme low friction surface gives high performance slideEliminates the need to liftPromotes infection controlSize: 200 x 100cmQty Per Box: 100Select • Universal • Positioning • AidThe S.U.P.A SLiDE is designed for multi-use with the same patient and to be disposed of when soiled or no longer required by that patient. The S.U.P.A SLIDE is provided on a roll of a hundred sheets, in a box that acts as a dispenser, ready to use, in pairs, one on top of the other, or singly, by simply folding in half to form a tubeSpecial Price £141.35 with VAT Relief
Was: £176.69Save: £35.34
- The Fall-Safe Hip Impact Protection System (3PK) Item Code: PG144-10FREE ShippingThe Hip Fall-Safe Hip Impact ProtectionExcellent, low-cost hip protection with 24-hour comfortOur bestselling pack - It includes everything you need to protect your hips. 3 pairs of our specially designed pants, and 1 set of our Fall-Safe Hip Protectors.FeaturesFall-Safe® protection has been developed by Hip Impact Protection Ltd. which uses a new material – D3O® that typically offers superior protection compared to other forms with similar physical properties. It is very flexible and is here provided in a special shape to fit comfortably over the trochanter, with clever internal contouring to minimise contact with the skin, which remains at a comfortable temperature thanks to the air holes providing ventilation. With a thickness of only 13mm, it is unnoticeable under most clothing.Because HIP's Fall-Safe protectors are easily removed or inserted in a few seconds, it is only necessary for the user to own 1 pair of protectors with 3 pairs of underpants. This makes the package much more economic than if a pair of pads is sewn into each pair of underpants. Obviously, pants or protectors can be ordered separately. The pants are provided in Female, Male and optionally, Unisex, versions. Incontinence versions can also be supplied.SpecificationsWomen's waist sizes S = 24" - 28" M = 29" - 34" L = 35" - 40" XL = 41" - 46" XXL = 47" - 52" Men's waist sizes S = 28" - 32" M = 33" - 36" L = 37" - 40" XL = 41" - 46" XXL = 47" - 52" More InfomationHIP's Fall-Safe® protectors use a new technology developed by D30 Lab, solution providers for shock absorption and impact protection, who have combined enhanced chemistry as a tactile polymer, with intelligent geometry and product engineering to maximise the potential of the material to meet this requirement. D30 is a patented technology comprising a polymer composite, chemically engineered to function as an energy absorber. Their unique solution has shaped and formed the geometry of the material to focus energy dispersion in critical areas for maximum shock absorption and protection.Non-ToxicFall-Safe® hip protectors are certified as non-toxic according to the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100. They are classified as Class III products that do not come into direct contact with the skin, or only have a small part of their surface in contact with the skin. Up until the introduction of the Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 there was neither a reliable product label for consumers to asses the human ecological quality of textiles nor a uniform safety standard for companies within the textile and clothing industry which enabled a practical assessment of potential harmful substances in textile products.As low as £48.71 with VAT Relief
- Transfer Belt Item Code: MS10846Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Transfer BeltThis belt assists nursing personnel to lift patients from beds, chairs or wheelchairs enabling them to move a short distance. The belt covers the patients hips and is secured by the velcro strap.FeaturesThis economy Transfer Belt is ideal for short distance transfers.Four webbed handle grips provide safety when transferring.The belt is adjusted and buckled round the patients waist, enabling the carer to reach the handles.DimensionsPad Size: 14 x 74cm (5.1/2 x 29")Velcro Strap Length: 74cm (29")Weight: 205g.Will fit waist sizes: 71-102cm (28-40")Max user weight: 95kgsExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £9.11 with VAT Relief
Was: £11.39Save: £2.28
- Multi-Way Bed Wedge Cushion - White (19.5x24x12") Item Code: MS12291Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £27.43 with VAT Relief
Was: £34.29Save: £6.86
- Deluxe Bed Wedge - Standard Foam Item Code: MS12308FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.The Bed Wedge can be used in many ways. Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, glaucoma and respiratory problems. Use as a back support in bed. Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.This bed wedge has had over whelming demand from acid reflux (GERD / GORD) Oesophagitis (hiatal hernia) Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, hiatus hernia & heart burn sufferers with many amazon reviews supporting the benefit of this product. This bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.Can be helpful for: Post surgery including ; post hysterectomy, post hip replacement, post spinal surgery, as well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.Includes white zipped removable washable Poly-cotton cover.SpecificationsLength: 76cm (30")Width: 61.5cm (26")Depth: 15cm (6”)Poly-cotton coverBritish MadeExpress Delivery AvailableSpecial Price £48.15 with VAT Relief
Was: £60.19Save: £12.04
- Backfriend CarryCase Item Code: MS28812Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Express Delivery AvailableSpecial PriceWas: £23.20Save: £4.64
- Turn Easy Sheet - 4 Way drawsheet (200 x 145cm) Item Code: MS26842FREE ShippingTurn Easy Sheet - 4 Way drawsheet (200 x 145cm) The action of turning in bed can sometimes be difficult but with the help of this new FITTED SHEET with a centre panel of low friction satin, things are different. Getting in and out of bed is also easier. The sides and foot end are made of good quality material to help you from slipping off the edge of the bed and give a certain amount of grip to aid movement. For the less able, there is an optional draw sheet. It has a satin underside and remains in place for the patient to lie on. The two low friction surfaces working together enable a CARER to turn/roll or move the patient up or down the bed. This is accomplished without handling them, thereby facilitating anti-pressure practice where regular turning is required, the long (2 metre) draw sheet can be firmly tucked in ready for the next move. It has been found that because the system is permanently in place there is no searching for a slide sheet, or worse, doing without altogether.Using these sheets is as compliant with tissue viability requirements as it is with moving and handling procedure. Both products are made in our factory in the UK and are fully hot washable.They are found to be very useful, not only in hospitals and nursing homes, but also in domestic situations.The ease of turning takes the strain off the carer’s back. Size: 200 x 145cmSpecial Price £82.79 with VAT Relief
Was: £103.49Save: £20.70
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section