- Childrens Hot Water Bottle, Hat, Scarf And Glove Gift Set - Purple & Green Item Code: MS30670Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.This children's gift set from St Helens Home & Garden comprises a 500ml Hot Water Bottle with knitted cover, hat, scarf and gloves. Supplied in attractive colours making it the ideal gift, particularly as a stocking filler at Christmas. The hot water bottle is manufactured to BS 1970:2012. Cute Designs making them ideal for small children Gift set including a 500ml Hot Water Bottle with knitted cover, hat, scarf and gloves Makes the perfect stocking filler or birthday gift
- Childrens Hot Water Bottle, Hat, Scarf And Glove Gift Set - Yellow & Green Item Code: MS30671This children's gift set from St Helens Home & Garden comprises a 500ml Hot Water Bottle with knitted cover, hat, scarf and gloves. Supplied in attractive colours making it the ideal gift, particularly as a stocking filler at Christmas. The hot water bottle is manufactured to BS 1970:2012. Cute Designs making them ideal for small children Gift set including a 500ml Hot Water Bottle with knitted cover, hat, scarf and gloves Makes the perfect stocking filler or birthday gift
- Light Wand Item Code: MS27864Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.With a life 10 times longer than a normal bulb, this super wand has four incredibly bright LEDs with no trailing mains lead to worry about. Ultimately versatile, the wand features a one-touch power button and is supplied with a 2-way stand for surface or wall mounting. If that is not enough, a clever magnet in the end of the wand allows it to stick to metallic surfaces - ideal for under-the-bonnet repairs or to light up that boot space.A convenient portable easy-on lightFour super bright LEDsPerfect for the elderly or childrenBattery life up to 10 times longer than normal bulbsSupplied with 2-way stand for any surface or wall mount using the double-sided adhesive pad includedMagnetic fixing included for use for car repairs or in the boot.Uses 3 x AAA batteries (not included)
- Remote Control Wireless LED Lights, Pack Of 3 Item Code: MS27900We all know how difficult it can be to get light just where you need it. If you find somewhere to put a lamp, you need to find a spare socket... If you find a spare socket, you need to get to it... These clever wireless lights are the answer to your lighting problems.Powered by three AAA batteries, each puck measures an unobtrusive 10.5x7x3cm. At just 75g the light will fix to any metallic surface using the inbuilt magnets or can be more permanently sited using the mounting holes. But don't let the size of these lights fools you - thanks to the six long life, energy efficient LEDs each puck generates 35 lumens of brightness.Once in place, you need not worry about getting to the lights - turn them on or off using the handy remote control, which offers the options of full power, half power and 30 minute timer. The control will command all lights simultaneously at distances up to 10 metres and includes a wall mountable holder. Alternatively, you can choose to turn lights on and off individually using their easily accessible button.The versatility of these lights is amazing. Their convenient mounting options means they can be used as wall lights, up-lights, down-lights or low level lights. Their battery operation makes them ideal for use in dark cupboards, sheds, garages, attics or bathrooms. Perhaps best of all, their remote control makes them ideal an ideal safety light - place a light anywhere you need light and turn them on with a press, off with a press or even off after 30 minutes.Batteries not inclueded
- 10000 Lux S.A.D. Light Item Code: MS26394FREE ShippingWant it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.10000 Lux S.A.D. LightAutumn and winter can offer little sunlight which can result in light deprivation symptoms often referred to as S.A.D. This S.A.D. Light offers a convenient and effective form of light therapy for these symptoms without the use of medication. It helps activate the natural mood enhancers that natural sunlight offers by giving out up to 10,000 Lux of light from 2 x 36W tubes. The device includes a folding tripod and wall mounting function.SpecificationsMedically approved convenient alternative to medicationIncludes folding tripod and wall mounting functionUp to 10000 LuxEasy to carryContemporary designDepth: 8"(20cm)Height: 19"(48cm)Width: 13.5"(34cm)Product Dimensions: 19x13.5x8"(48x34x20cm)Net weight: 4.85lbs(2.2kg)Colour: White/GreyLux Level: 10000Lux Range: 10000LUX
- PhoneEasy Display Telephone Item Code: MS19346FREE ShippingPhoneEasy Display TelephoneThis corded telephone has big button keys and an easy to read display with large characters. The extra loud ringer signal and handset volume can be easily adjusted and it benefits from caller ID and a phonebook. A speakerphone allows the user to talk hands-free and it can be used as a desktop or wall-mounted telephone. Hearing Aid compatible.
- Playing Card Holder Item Code: MS11215Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Card Player - Card Holder Item Code: MS11216Attractive, fan shaped playing card holder is perfect for anyone with limited finger strength and dexterity. It provides a clear view of cards, which will not fall out if the holder is tilted. Can be held comfortably by weak hands or stand onto non-slip legs. Moulded from durable rigid plastic. Height 100mm (4"). Length 200mm (8").
- Round Playing Card Holder Item Code: MS16935Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.Round Playing Card HolderIdeal for use by people who have poor grip. It consists of two plastic discs held together by a spring. Simply put the cards in the card holder and turn the disks and the cards will form a perfect fan. Once sorted, the card holder will then grip the cards throughout the game, in suite, run or colour
- Real Big Playing Cards Item Code: MS16936Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Lovision Playing Cards Item Code: MS16937Want it fast? Pick it up at our Store or choose Express Delivery in checkout.
- Automatic Card Shuffler Item Code: MS24150The Card Shuffler is designed for use with one or two packs of standard playing cards (not supplied) and is ideal for general card playing including bridge or casino games such as poker, as well as being a great product for those with limited use of their hands due to arthritis or other conditions. The portable Automatic Card Shuffler is battery powered (4x AA batteries - not supplied), so requires no power lead or socket. Operation is by a simple push button to stop/start the shuffling motor.Ideal for users with limited hand or arm movementUse for general card playing and casino gamesDesigned for standard size playing cardsQuickly shuffles one or two decks (not supplied)Battery powered (not supplied) with simple operationSpecificationsBatteries: 4xAA (not supplied)Colour: BlackOuter box (HxWxD mm): 530 x 225 x 500Product Dimensions (mm): 95 x 205 x 98Retail box dimensions (HxWxD mm): 100 x 210 x 115
- Mini-Stepper With LED Display And Training Ropes Item Code: MS23118Mini-Stepper With LED Display And Training RopesFeaturesThe Mini-Stepper is ideal if you are keen to exercise from the comfort of your own home.Using the pedals provides strength training and exercise for the legs, hips and buttocks, while your arms and upperbody muscles can be targeted with the removable latex expander bands (training ropes), featuring comfortable hand grips.Use seated or standing.Compact design for easy storage when not in use.Ideal for Private Exercise at HomeIncludes Soft-Grip Resistance Bands for ArmsOffers Upper and Lower Body WorkoutLCD Screen with Time, Calories and Step CounterStrong, Anti-Slip Pedals and High Quality SpringSpecificationsColour: White/BlueWeight: 7kgDimensions: 370x230x470mmBatteries: 1xAAA (not supplied)Packing: Retail Box
- Economy Lotion Applicator Item Code: MS19313Special PriceWas: £7.00Save: £2.02
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section