Mobility Smart Mobile Shower Chair with Castors Adjustable Height - 2 Brakes
- The Hythe is a Mobile Shower Chair incorporating the latest in seat design for improved safety and comfort.
- The Hythe Mobile Shower Chair is supplied with large, 5" castors and features a pram handle as standard.
- The seat drainage outlets fully conform to current MHRA safety guidelines.
- Available with a variety of options for height adjustment and brakes.
- Tubular steel frame with tough polymer coating
- Pram handle for carers
- Moulded polypropelene seat conforms to MHRA guidelines
- Large 5 inch castors
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Footprint - 510 x 640
- Maximum User Weight (kg) - 127
- Maximum User Weight - 20st
- Net weight - 7kg
- Seat Depth - 470
- Seat Height - 510-600
- Width between Arms - 430
- Configuration - Adjustable Height with 2 Brakes
- All of the product components are manufactured from quality materials.
- However, it is very important that you only clean your shower chairs and stools using a non-abrasive cleaner or mild detergent with a soft cloth avoid using lime scale remover.
- Abrasive cleaners e.g. AJAX and or abrasive cleaning pads will seriously damage your product beyond repair.
- Certain products have clip on/clip off backs and/or seats, you can easily remove these if required, clean with a mild detergent and soft cloth in a warm water solution.
- Do not exceed 50oC when cleaning the seat cover and/or back as this will permanently damage the plastic.
- N.B. Regular daily cleaning will reduce the build up of limescale on your product.
- Under No Circumstances use any abrasive cleaners or materials on any of the components.
- Also check that the cleaner you intend to use is suitable for ABS, Vinyl, Polymer Plastics and Thermo plastic rubbers and Polyurethane Rubber.
For more information on delivery please view our delivery page
This product qualifies for VAT Exemption meaning you will pay the excluding VAT price if you are eligible.
All you have to do is fill in the VAT exemption for in the checkout and we do the rest, it as a self declaration so there is no need to send any proof.
Check out our VAT Relief page for more info!
VAT relief for disabled people in a nut shell allows chronically sick or disabled people to buy eligible items at 0% VAT thus saving them money. Full information about VAT relief can be found on the HMRC website by clicking here.
I'm buying for someone else can I still claim VAT relief?
Yes you can, during the checkout process simply choose "I am ordering on behalf of someone else who is chronically sick or has a disabling condition" & fill it out with the details of the applicant. Its very simple to complete please don't worry!
Who is eligible for VAT relief?
To be eligible for VAT relief the government says you have to fit the following criteria,
Charities – simply provide your charity number.
A person is ‘chronically sick or disabled’ if he/she is a person:
- with a physical or mental impairment which has a long-term and substantial adverse effect upon his/her ability to carry out everyday activities;
- with a condition which the medical profession treats as a chronic sickness, such as diabetes; or
- Who is terminally ill.
Important Note: It does NOT include a frail elderly person who is otherwise able-bodied or any person who is only temporarily disabled or incapacitated, such as with a broken limb.
What proof do we need to provide?
In order to waive VAT on your purchase, the government requires a simple self declaration to be made as to the nature of your disability at the time of ordering. No proof of your disability need be shown to any party at any time.
Its very easy to claim VAT relief, all we need to know is the name, address & disability of the person the item is for & what there chronic sickness or disability is. We don’t need a doctor’s letter or any reference numbers.
Which Items are eligible?
VAT Exemption only applies to certain items; these are items which have been designed to be used by someone who is chronically sick or disabled. Examples of such products are Mobility Scooters, Wheelchairs, Bath Lifts & many more daily living aids.
Things to Remember
We do NOT decide if an item is or isn’t exempt & we don’t make any more or less money if we charge you VAT or we don’t charge you VAT.
If you do not complete the VAT exemption form, or you are not eligible for VAT relief, we are obliged to charge you VAT on the whole of your order.
If you fail to return any VAT exemption forms to us we WILL charge your card for the outstanding VAT.
Not all of our products are eligible for VAT relief, so we are obliged to charge VAT for those products even after you complete this form.
Visit HM Revenue & Customs VAT for disabled people section